“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
nsmehta1
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have a great stay at this hotel. Decor of the lobby and guest rooms is great. Employees were helpful. I would stay at this hotel if I were back in the area without a question. Great location! If there is a negative point on this hotel it would be the breakfast teams needs a little motivation but overall very minor and will not ruin your stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your 5 out of 5 rating!!!! I'm glad to see that you had such a great stay with us! As we are always looking to improve what we do and what we offer, suggestions on our breakfast service is always welcomed.
Thank you again for your feedback, and for sharing it here on TripAdvisor!
Hope to see you again soon.
Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Connecticut
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were leary of any hotel in NJ, it took days to find this one. This location was perfect and above our expectations. We saw wedding parties coming and going with ease and were impressed by the organization of the staff. We were hoping to see the bride's dress. The room was comfortable with a nice view , close to shopping, restaurants. Even the hotel maid service was smiling and said hello when we walked by. This was our first time at a Hilton, would stay at the hotel again. Our experience was welcoming.

Room Tip: 5 the floor was quiet and sunny
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I'm glad to read that we were able to exceed your expectations when it came to finding a NJ hotel. We get a fair number of wedding parties that stay with us and trust me, you are not alone...everyone wants to see "the dress!!"
Great to know that you had a great experience and that you would stay with us again.
Thank you for sharing you feedback here and hope to see you again soon.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were in town visiting family and chose the Hilton as our home base because it was close to the family member's house. We were very pleased with our choice! The hotel lobby is beautiful. Everything was very clean and crisp looking. I love the modern decor. Love the fruit flavored water and complimentary cookies in the lobby. Front desk staff was very friendly. Check-in was easy. Check-out was even easier (you can check out from your room...very convenient!)

The pool (while a little on the small side) was really nice. It's indoors, so no worries about getting sunburnt. The room is heated (and I do believe the pool is heated as well). There is also a hot tub and fitness room.

Bonus points to this hotel for having Keurigs in the rooms! I almost never make myself coffee at a hotel because I can't drink a whole pot. But I have a Keurig at home and love it, so having one while traveling was such a nice amenity. I could make myself a cup of coffee and not feel wasteful throwing the rest of a pot of coffee away. The room had 4 k-cups. Two regular coffee, one decaf and one black tea. That was nice because my husband prefers tea in the mornings. So once again it was super easy for us each to have a cup of our favorite hot beverage with no waste! I did have to ask the front desk for extra creamer as we only had two half and half's in our room. But it was no problem to get the extra that we needed.

We don't typically eat a big breakfast while traveling so we skipped the hotel breakfast because the only option was a full breakfast for $12. We opted to pick up a few small breakfast items at the grocery store to eat in the room. Having a fridge and microwave in our room made that option very easy for us.

Wifi was easy to use and quick enough for our needs. TV was fine.

Only two minor complaints...the bed was uncomfortable for us, as other reviewers have stated. But we have a Sleep Number bed at home so we often find hotel beds uncomfortable. And another common hotel problem....shower pressure was weak. Not terrible. I've had worse. But it wasn't very strong either.

The bathroom and room were both beautiful. Very clean and nicely decorated. Towels were soft and thick. Our bathroom door was a little noisy and would stick when closed but that wasn't a big deal to us.

We did have some noisy neighbors down the hall but they got quiet around midnight which was when we went to sleep so that wasn't a big deal. The hotel was very quiet in the morning. I didn't hear much noise at all until around noon when I heard housekeeping running the vacuums.

The pool was very busy in the morning so we did not have another swim before check out. But we love the noon check-out time. Most hotels want you out by 11 and you have to beg for extra time. That extra hour makes for a much more leisurely morning while getting ready to check out. So, thanks for that, Hilton!

We will definitely choose this property next time we are in town. And will recommend it to our other visiting family members.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Well, I must say that might be the most comprehensive review that I've come across yet...THANK YOU!! Guest feedback is a valuable tool and I very much appreciate your being detailed about your experience.
I've noted your specific comments on the few things that were, as you state, "minor complaints" like the comfort of the bed and shower pressure.
Thank you for saying that not only would you come back to stay with us but that you will recommend us to your visiting family members...that's awesome!!
We’re looking forward to seeing you back with us soon.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Love the Hilton properties but Hilton Garden Inn is my favorite. This one did not disappoint. Staff gets A+ rating. Room was HUGE. Good Wifi. Great breakfast. As we were traveling, not sure about the location except close off I-295 and NJ Turnpike at Exit 4. Would gladly return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
WOW...great!! Sounds like you're already a HGI fan, now hopefully we've made you a HGI Mt Laurel fan!!!
I appreciate you mentioning the staff, A+ is awesome and breakfast was great is another high for us!!!
Glad to hear that you'll be back to stay with us again, thanks!!
Warren, NJ
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I reserved a block of rooms here for my wedding on 8/15/14, and my new husband and I also stayed here. The rooms were nice and everything seemed great until the hotel staff completely messed up several reservations. They sent my aunt to my sister-in-laws room where her and her toddler and infant were sleeping at 3am. Then when my aunt went back down to the front desk, they proceeded to call everyone who had a reservation in my name to find out what was going on instead of just getting my aunt a room (even though she made a reservation for herself in her own name) and waiting to speak to me the next morning. They also sent my uncle to my friend's room and there was a third room mix-up. I spoke to the front desk about everything in hopes to clear up any confusion, but it seemed like they didn't have a very good way of keeping track of which rooms are occupied. Many of our keys also deactivated at odd times of the day and we would have to go back down to the front desk. It wasn't a huge deal, but certainly an inconvenience for myself and my guests. I was also a little put off before our stay when the Director of Sales emailed me 4 days before the wedding at 9am saying that she needed final shuttle times by noon in order to run them by the other bride who also had guests staying there. While I understand that they are trying to accomodate all special guests, I had been booked with them since October 2013 and had about 20 rooms booked with them. I found it to be very inconsiderate. Luckily, the times I had wanted had been accomodated, but had they been unable to do so, I'm not sure what would have happened. I did change my times slightly from what was in the contract, but they weren't drastic changes. It just seemed like a poor way to handle the situation. I also asked to extend our check-out time by one hour seeing as we were exhausted and only getting to brunch at 11am (check-out was at noon) and still had a bunch of stuff to pack up. They actually gave me a hard time even though the room wasn't reserved for that night. I was granted the extra time, but given the fact that we were the bride and groom, you'd think they'd be slightly more understanding. The hotel itself was fine and served it's purpose, but I honestly don't think I'd stay here again after everything.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank mcurcione
Well it certainly does seem like there was some confusion regarding your reservations and for that I apologize. My team is well trained and accustomed to handling group reservations so your feedback is surprising and disappointing.
Be assured that I will share your comments with my team and use them as an example for our retraining sessions. I can appreciate how the things you experienced could cause a distraction to what should be a special time with family.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When I arrived I was immediately greeted with a warm smile and a welcome. I was checked right into my room and provided with all the information I needed to know. There was nice cold fruit flavored water in the lobby and I enjoyed drinking it whenever I felt thirsty. In the morning hot coffee and tea were available. My room and bed were both very comfortable and I was able to get two good nights of rest. I will definitely make a visit to the Hilton Garden Inn in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

"Pleased as punch"...that's awesome!! What a great review and thank you so much for sharing it here! All those things go into making a stay "different, better, special" and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Knowing that the stay was so good that you'll be back...even better!!!
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Accidentally left a suit in the closet. Retrieved it the next day with the help of the helpful and courteous staff. Clean rooms; comfortable beds. Conveniently close to NJ Turnpike as well as some great breakfast Good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank carolf832
Great feedback, thank you for sharing it here on TripAdvisor! Other than being a good location for you, it sounds like the team was able to help out with your "forgotten suit." That's the kind of service that we pride ourselves on providing and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again soon.