“convenient location, well kept property”

TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Cincinnati, Ohio
“convenient location, well kept property”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room had a kitchenette, not separated from the bedroom itself. Everything was very clean, in good condition. There was a small pool right outside the office (but next to the parking lot so not sure how relaxing that would be -- we didn't use it).
One surprise was there was not even a continental breakfast. I suppose this is typical of the "towneplace" properties but we weren't aware. There was a "grab and go" very minimal continental breakfast but hardly any place to sit.
We would stay there again, esp for the price -- got an excellent price via the Marriott website.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
cherry hill
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Had the unfortunate experience of a pipe break in our home, causing extensive water damage. Needed to move from our home during the cleanup. A major sporting event in Philadelphia booked every hotel room in Philadelphia and New Jersey as well. After calling 11 places, we finally found a suite at TownePlace suites in Mt. Laurel, 5 minutes from our home.

The room was immaculately clean! Free wifi, parking and a grab and go breakfast, (coffee, juice muffins) was all we needed to start the day. A small kitchen area provided what is needed to live there for a short period. We were also allowed late checkout if needed. My grandkids were with us and slept on the sofa bed which was fine using our own mattress pad. This was a very pleasant experience and I would stay there again if need be!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glenside, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very outdated but served the purpose for us. Had heat and electricity so was fine for us. Needs major renovations throughout especially the mattress on the beds. Definitely not up to Marriott standards. I know these places are family and pet friendly but they really should pay a little more attention to details. Staff was wonderful, coffee and tea in lobby a great plus, always fresh and hot. Like I said would have never stayed here but came in handy for all hotels in our remote area were either booked or without power and since my husband is from Jersey we knew we were safe here. Bought some food from home so it wouldn't go bad and cooked in the kitchen. Everything worked fine. Thanks for the convenience and comfort!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alex V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Eleanor F,

Thank you for providing feedback of the hotel. We are pleased to have accomodated you and your family through unideal conditions of a winter storm and a grateful that you felt convenience and comfort in the hotel. To you point that our facility is outdated and need new mattresses, please note that we are scheduled to undergo a full hotel renovation in October of this year, where we will be updating our rooms, as well as purchasing new mattresses for every single room in the hotel. We hope that you would give us another chance under more ideal circumstances! Please contact the hotel if there is anything else we can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Alexander Vilar
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very convenient to everything. The staff was exceptional. We had adjoining rooms that worked out perfectly - two bathrooms for three women getting ready for a family wedding. The town house feel made for a great first impression. Easy access to the rooms helped to unload and then reload the luggage, etc. Thanks for a great visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Alex V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Philportera,

Thank you for your response. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that your travels will bring you to the TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Alex Vilar
Syracuse
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family of 4 stayed one night in a 2 bedroom suite. Each bedroom had a queen. The sofa bed was as expected (full of springs), but we brought our own mattress pad, so it worked.

The decor was dated, very average, but relatively clean. There was a coin and some scrap paper under the table-so better vacuuming would be a plus.

The pillows were hard, but the bed and bedding was ok.

The breakfast, as mentioned previously, was some granola bars, dry cereal and yogurt on a table.

There is a computer and printer available.

Caitlin at the front desk was excellent.

Room Tip: It's in a business park area-very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I were in town to elope and stayed for one night. As an employee with Marriott, I'm given a special rate provided I have my paperwork. Sadly in our rush and excitement, I left it at home. Upon arrival, we only had an hour to shower and get ready so it was really frustrating when my employee system was down. The front desk agent, Troy, could see that I was logging in under my valid and current username, but the system was not pulling up what we needed to print out. After a dozen or so tries, we checked in under a regular rate with my husband's credit card. Troy was unhelpful and made a bad situation worse with his smirks and helpless comments. Even his directions to the room were useless as he sent us to a building across the street instead of simply telling us to go to the right.

Fast forward a few hours, we're married, we're elated and we came back to the hotel to get it all situated. Troy had gone home, I'm assuming for the day and no one was at the front desk. I could see two women sitting on the desk in the back and only came out when I asked. The woman, Danielle, was hopefully new because she didn't seem to know or understand anything. We again tried to print out my information and gave up when we realized the system must have been down. I asked her if my General manager could send proof of employment to the hotel from ours proving that I was still an employee and she said that was fine. I then gave her my debit card to pay for the room since the rate would have been lower. I later found out that she ran both his credit card and my debit for the rack rate and not my debit for the employee rate as she said she would which caused a hold to my account.

We left for dinner and came back to the room, and as a precaution, I called the front desk to see if everything went smoothly. She admitted that she received the fax from my GM but she was not allowed to use it as proof. After it was deemed alright earlier in the evening. After an hour on hold with my employee help desk, I was able to receive my paperwork and print it out in the lobby. Danielle seemed unsure of how to proceed but made a copy of my printed out card. The woman in the back, who I believed to be a manager or supervisor never came out to offer assistance of any kind throughout the whole ordeal.

The only silver lining to the front desk's utter lack of empathy and politeness was from the night audit person, Adrienne, Adrienne was a breath of fresh air and restored my faith in the training the staff receives. She was the only person we spoke to at the hotel that was genuinely nice and helpful and knew what they were doing.

Besides the service, the room was a nice size but smelled heavily of strong, old take out cuisine. The freezer even had a hole in it that was covered by a pile of ice-cube trays. It was emitting fumes and some kind of liquid so we opted not to use it and let the front desk be aware. Danielle offered to transfer us but we were already settled and didn't want to endure anymore time with her.

All in all, we had a great time because we got married and no amount of awful service will take that away. I really hope the staff was just in a bad mood or feeling under the weather because if this is the service they normally give...I feel bad for the long-term stay guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alex V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Brandi J,

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. It seemed that much of your frustration stemmed from being unable to get checked into the hotel. As an employee of Marriott, my hope is that you fully understand that ALL Marriott hotels (including the hotel in which you are employed) require the proper identification to receive the steeply discounted Marriott employee rate - and in your case, 50% off the Marriott employee rate. This allows hotels to guard against fraudulent activity and is clearly stated as part of the requirements to be able to check into a Marriott hotel.

While I can understand that the day was supposed to be exciting for you and your future husband, please understand that we are a business, and we have to protect ourselves as a business. In your case, proper identification for being a Marriott employee was required during the check-in process. It is unfortunate that the system was down at that time, however, being an employee of Marriott myself, I can understand that if I do not have the necessary items to check into a hotel, I cannot fault the hotel for that situation. My Operations Manager even spoke to you directly and informed you that if anyone else could sign onto the system and print out a form for you, we would accept a faxed version (even though Marriott policy says that the original copy must be presented at check-in). What we received was a copy of a paystub, which is completely unacceptable.

To your other points regarding the smell of your room and the freezer, please know we are taking the necessary steps to remedy those situations in the room in which you stayed. Please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly if you have any other concerns.

Best Regards,

Alex Vilar
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed there between Dec 2 and Dec 8, 2013. This is a nice location very close to Philadelphia and yet cheaper than Phila. Staff are very courteous, facility is good and location is great. Breakfast is not that great as there are not much choices.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business