“Smelly, Dirty Rooms, Rowdy Staff”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel because I was getting home repairs at my home. Checked in and was given a room key for a room on the third floor. As soon as I stepped off the elevator a very strong smell of marijuana hit me. I went inside my room and the carpet was not vacuumed and trash was near my bed. I went downstairs and asked to be switched to another room because the room was dirty. I was given another room on the third floor but this room was a little better. The following day I was awakened early afternoon around 1pm by loud music, stomping and horrible singing. I got up and opened my door and noticed the noise was coming from the room across the hall from me. The door was wide opened and I saw several people in the room including one of the staff members. The staff member was singing and jumping around and being loud along with the other people that were in the room. I was very shocked and there was no way I could complain about the loud noise since the staff member was one of the people participating in creating the disturbance. I packed my stuff and went downstairs to check out. I had to call on the phone to get the staff member to come to the front desk area to check me out. I had the worst stay ever and I will never go back there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Emily E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues in your room and inconvenience cause by a member of our staff. Your comments were reviewed by our team, and we will be working to ensure these issues are not repeated in the future. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pml@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are in between houses right now, & i am 4 months pregnant. We decided to use a Extended Stay for temporary housing until we can close on a new house. The first thing I noticed is that the front doors are manual doors, which is only a issue when moving your bags in & out of the building.

Check in was easy, but when we got to the 2nd floor, it wreaked of smoke. We opened the door to our room, & there was someone's belongings all over the room, & we were hit with a wave of smoke. So we lugged our luggage back down to get a new room. The next room also stunk of smoke. So we went back down to get a 3rd room. The third room smelled like smoke & mexican food. We decided that maybe this would NOT be a good place to stay for a month. So we checked out, & after being there only an hour, they charged us $76 for one night's stay. I wasn't expecting a Hilton, but being charged for a night we didn't even use was a bit unnecessary especially when your property doesn't seem to have rooms that have been ventilated, cleaned & smoke remediated.

I cannot comment on anything else, because we did not stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KrisBlBA
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at this hotel thru Priceline. Paid only $50 for a one queen bed room. Obviously equipped with a kitchenette, fridge and flat screen TV. I had no problems checking in around 3:00 pm. It has a very good location if you are going to Philadelphia or want to stay in a place outside of Atlantic City. The facilities looked new inside-out. The rooms was spacious and well maintained. Why do I say that it could be excellent, one reason. The room booked was a non smoking room. And they gave me the opposite. I didn't say anything since I entered the room for the first time after coming in from a long day in Philadelphia and we were tired. Didn't want to go thru the ordeal of complaining and then waiting for a new room. It was only for one night. But the smell was annoying non the less.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, it upsets me to hear that you experienced booking issues during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when visiting Phily. It is clean, in a quiet neighborhood with a number of other hotels. There is a Cracker Barrel nearby. The room does not have stuff like shampoo, body wash, and hair dryer, but you can ask the front desk for these items. We were happy with our stay!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were happy with the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and our hotel's location. As well, it is great to read that you liked your room and took advantage of the amenities we offer from the front desk.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here for two mouth for work overall good the clerk named nakea standed out over all the other clerk very polite and helpful ever time she waz working greeted me ever time and waz more than happier to help me

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Troy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had good stay with us and Nakea provided great service to you.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The rooms were nice. The lady at the front desk named Jazmyn helped me with what i needed, and she was so nice and very polite. And the service was just great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Juan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the Service, staff and rooms. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My reservation was for 3 nights and 4 days. The front desk clerk at check inn was very rude
( I believe her name was Nelly ), the lobby had strong odor of mildew. I went in an the room look alright, but it smelled like marihuana. Free internet. Functional with small kitchen even

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family