“Budget friendly and spotless!!”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Budget friendly and spotless!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were forced to live in a hotel until we were able to finally another home because our lease was up. So, we decided to check out the extended stay America in mt laurel simply because we have 2 dogs and they accept pets. I was shocked at the deal they gave me for a 7+ night stay then when we got our room I was shocked how clean and spotless the room was. The people who work here are so friendly. They have all the accommodations of an apt! The place seems brand new. I even made a comment to the maintenance man how impressed I am!!!! Great price / great place!!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank msmelissa81
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Melissa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your dogs. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our newly renovated hotel and your clean, comfortable room.

Thank you again for your kind review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lausanne, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was reminded to write a review of this place. I stayed there last fall, and I'm looking for a place to stay again for 10 nights this December, so that's what reminded me to stay. I'm leaning towards not staying here again though.

Things I liked:
-The room itself was actually pretty great. Big fridge, cook-top and microwave all included in the kitchenette. Bed was fine, TV great. You get a few pieces of cookware and plates, etc.
-The front desk staff was pretty helpful. One guy in particular was quite nice and chatty, though sorry to say I can't remember his name. They all seemed kind of young though, and just "there" to do a job.
-Laundry room is pretty convenient, as I was staying for 2 weeks.
-Location is great, LOTS around there.

Things I did not like:
-The whole place had a general "funk." Like too many people frying stuff in their rooms or something.
-Seems like some people are living there permanently.
-Can be noisy. On more than one occasion, 2 dudes would be yelling to each other from their rooms down the hall. And also more than once, it seemed like some sort of youth sporting event was going on outside of my window. (I was on the 2nd or 3rd floor I think.)

I don't know, I think if the price was right, I might stay here again. But I've found somewhere less expensive with better reviews, so I will probably go with this other place. But if you're not afraid of "roughing it" so to speak, you'll probably do ok here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Zubie_9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Your comments in regards to staff and amenities are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you had less than satisfactory stay with us due to noise issue and an odor in the building. In response to your review, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to work on preventing odors in the future. As well, I will be coaching my staff on how to handle noise complaints so that the noise disturbances you experienced are not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pml@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Marco Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was attending a wedding from out of town and went for something inexpensive as I knew I would not be spending much time in the room. Serves me right as the room and lobby smell strongly from smoke. (it was a non-smoking room) As the ash trays just outside the front and back lobby doors are filled to the brim with butts, it's also apparent that the staff hangs out there smoking and the smoke must waft into the lobby or AC system.
Regardless, the rooms come with nothing in them toiletry wise, you must ask at the front desk. The problem there is, the two times I went up front, nobody was there. It is an efficiency suite, so, if you had to stay there for an extended time, as their name implies, you would eventually get used to the smell, bring in your own toiletries and call it home.
In short, if you're looking for a room for a night or two, go elsewhere.
I must add that at check-in, Alvi was professional and courteous. But, as I was checking in another guest was complaining and Alvi was dealing with him at the same time. I should have taken that as a cue to leave.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless you truly need an extended stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MarcoBeachBum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Ok. First and foremost, let me say that I have to travel 9 months out of the year as a catastrophe adjuster. The company I work with books the hotels one day in advance, and I just show up.
I have to say, I initially did not want to stay here, simply because I read the reviews. I nearly called the office to tell them to cancel the room, because I was expecting a disaster.
Now, on to the important stuff. The room I got was nearly twice the size of the extended stay in Chicago. It has an actual oven, not just a cooktop. The bathroom was twice the size. The room was clean, and the air conditioner worked well. The cable channels were sufficient and more importantly, the place was not run down.
Wow, I really thought the place was going to have people hanging out in the lobby, lights broken, carpet ripped,etc. That is simply based on the reivews.
Also, the receptionist was unusually friendly, almost like she was getting paid a bonus to be nicer then normal. But, genuinely nice.
So, for anyone planning on staying here, the place is perfectly fine. I haven't got one complaint yet. I have to stay here for a full month too. So, I will update accordingly, if necessary.
So, if you want a nice hotel for the price, I highly recommend this one.

Room Tip: I was given the handicap room. Not sure why. So, I think that is why the room was so big.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Judson W
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel because I was getting home repairs at my home. Checked in and was given a room key for a room on the third floor. As soon as I stepped off the elevator a very strong smell of marijuana hit me. I went inside my room and the carpet was not vacuumed and trash was near my bed. I went downstairs and asked to be switched to another room because the room was dirty. I was given another room on the third floor but this room was a little better. The following day I was awakened early afternoon around 1pm by loud music, stomping and horrible singing. I got up and opened my door and noticed the noise was coming from the room across the hall from me. The door was wide opened and I saw several people in the room including one of the staff members. The staff member was singing and jumping around and being loud along with the other people that were in the room. I was very shocked and there was no way I could complain about the loud noise since the staff member was one of the people participating in creating the disturbance. I packed my stuff and went downstairs to check out. I had to call on the phone to get the staff member to come to the front desk area to check me out. I had the worst stay ever and I will never go back there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Emily E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues in your room and inconvenience cause by a member of our staff. Your comments were reviewed by our team, and we will be working to ensure these issues are not repeated in the future. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pml@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Mantua, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are in between houses right now, & i am 4 months pregnant. We decided to use a Extended Stay for temporary housing until we can close on a new house. The first thing I noticed is that the front doors are manual doors, which is only a issue when moving your bags in & out of the building.

Check in was easy, but when we got to the 2nd floor, it wreaked of smoke. We opened the door to our room, & there was someone's belongings all over the room, & we were hit with a wave of smoke. So we lugged our luggage back down to get a new room. The next room also stunk of smoke. So we went back down to get a 3rd room. The third room smelled like smoke & mexican food. We decided that maybe this would NOT be a good place to stay for a month. So we checked out, & after being there only an hour, they charged us $76 for one night's stay. I wasn't expecting a Hilton, but being charged for a night we didn't even use was a bit unnecessary especially when your property doesn't seem to have rooms that have been ventilated, cleaned & smoke remediated.

I cannot comment on anything else, because we did not stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at this hotel thru Priceline. Paid only $50 for a one queen bed room. Obviously equipped with a kitchenette, fridge and flat screen TV. I had no problems checking in around 3:00 pm. It has a very good location if you are going to Philadelphia or want to stay in a place outside of Atlantic City. The facilities looked new inside-out. The rooms was spacious and well maintained. Why do I say that it could be excellent, one reason. The room booked was a non smoking room. And they gave me the opposite. I didn't say anything since I entered the room for the first time after coming in from a long day in Philadelphia and we were tired. Didn't want to go thru the ordeal of complaining and then waiting for a new room. It was only for one night. But the smell was annoying non the less.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Still, it upsets me to hear that you experienced booking issues during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.