“Not a pleasant stay.”

Red Roof Inn Mount Laurel
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here from 7/25 - 8/1. If you are planning on staying at this hotel, please read the reviews as the comments about the rooms stinking are totally TRUE. The first room I was assigned (Room #113) had not even been cleaned there was hair all over in the tub and that room stunk like a musty smell. I was then moved to Room 125 for the rest of my stay and again, that room smelled musty as well and also the AC did not work for squat either I had it all the way up on high and it worked for about maybe 40-50% of the time, mostly when I was not in the room. The staff was nice but overall the room was terrible and I won't be staying again. I guess it's true when they say you get what you pay for. I will spend the extra $30 or so per night and stay at a better hotel the next time I am in New Jersey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Redroofmtlaurel, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, Mt. Laurel, NJ for your lodging needs. The staff and management are always striving to provide all of our guests with the friendliest service and most satisfying experience possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and are sorry to hear that it fell short of your expectations.

Your comments on the room condition are certainly not typical, and I will be certain to raise your experience with our entire team. Appropriate measures will be taken to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have stayed here before and am pleased to report that the facility as maintained it's standards. I arrived very late and my reservation had been duplicated. The desk clerk was most helpful canceling the extra room. The room was very clean and the desk chair was a nice addition. This is a great place to stay in that it is easy to find and just minutes from Philadelphia and Citizens Bank Park. There are restaurants in the area within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank USAFret
Reviewed 12 July 2014

For business travel this was a great place to stay if you have appointments in the Philadelphia area. It has basic services at a good price. Clean room, professional staff and very quiet to come back to after a long day on the road at appointments. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've stayed at this RRI location multiple times in the last couple of years and have always had a good experience. I travel with a big dog and that was my main reason for selecting Red Roof initially but I would stay there even without the critter. I agree the carpet cleaner might be a bit too intense but fortunately I have no allergies and after a bit I didn't notice it anymore.
My rooms have always been clean, adequately sized - bigger than some Bill M rooms I've paid much more for - and not been able to take the dog to.

!'ll be back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've stayed here many times. It's very basic, but easy to get to clean, and pets stay free! Staff is friendly, and some rooms have refrig & microwave, but only coffee available for breakfast. love their shower.

Room Tip: I like first floor in the back where it's quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Have stayed at this Red Roof a few times. It is adequate but not as nice as some of the other Red Roof Inns. Rooms are basic, not all are updated. Rooms with King beds are small. Rooms are soundproof. Beds are comfortable but bed pillows are not! Front desk is helpful. Hotel is pet friendly. Grounds are well kept. Location is convenient. There is a Starbucks across Route 73 that opens early and closes late. Plenty of gas stations in the area. Plenty of casual dining too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Redroofmtlaurel, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over holiday weekend. We asked for aarp discount & hotel refused to honor it. So we payed more than we wanted. Wifi didn't work well over holiday weekend either. On desk clerk was kind of rude to us as well. We may stay at another hotel next time.

• Stayed: July 2014

Your comments on the staff and wifi service are certainly not typical, and I will be certain to raise your experience with our front desk team. Appropriate measures will be taken to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.