“Large room but tired looking”

HYATT house Mt. Laurel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We got the impression that most of the guests were staying there long term. The desk clerk was helpful with printing out our boarding passes. There was a living room, kitchen, bedroom with walk-in closet. No hair-dryer. The breakfast buffet was really good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived a few hours early (after driving two hours) to find that our rooms were not ready even though checkout was hours earlier. We were waiting for an accessible room and were the last on the list. Time was getting short as we didn't want to be late for the wedding. All of our friends had gotten rooms so we decided to think outside the box. The staff graciously let us get ready in the Sweet Suite (photo attached) & they stored our luggage until after the wedding when we checked in. The rooms were great, beds were heavenly, and a good time was had by all! Congrats to the staff for making what could have been a frustrating start to a fun weekend an easy solution !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Heather S, General Manager at HYATT house Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear 'wcb1126'

Thanks so much for taking the time out to review your stay with us! I can't apologize enough that your rooms weren't ready upon arrival but I'm so glad to hear you were satisfied with the staff's solution. Hope you had a great time at the wedding and we look forward for you staying with us again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first stay at a Hyatt House and we were quite pleased. The property doesn't feel much like a hotel but more like an apartment complex. It's hard to even see where the lobby is as you pull up. We had a one bedroom unit with a king in the bedroom and a pullout in the living room; two flat screen TV's. Fully equipped kitchen, and the usual extremely courteous Hyatt service as at all of their properties.

We only stayed one night, but it felt luxurious to be able to stretch out in all that comfy space. It smelled extremely fresh and clean upon arrival. The price was excellent, significantly lower than the nearby Hyatt Place - we've had several good experiences with that brand and were curious about this one. We really liked it just as well and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KmomChicago
Heather S, General Manager at HYATT house Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear KMomChicago,

Hello! Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Our staff goes above and beyond to make your stay as comfortable as possible so it's great when their hard work is appreciated! THANKS AGAIN!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just got back from 7 nights at the Hyatt House in Mt.Laurel, NJ and was very pleased with Stephanie and Mary, both were very accommodating to our needs. Some small issues with our unit but resolved immediately. Although this was a very nice place among many in Crawford Place, it does not have elevators which I never gave a thought to, since having stayed at all the others this was not on the radar. Upon arriving, we found we were on the 3rd floor, (just not happening), but Mary and the staff quickly moved us to a first floor unit. I must comment to the fact that we had many friends come to visit and we went to the large lobby to play cards, and that Stephanie and other staff brought us a pitcher of ice water and cups. A very nice gesture. Would definitely stay there again, but only on the 1st floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Heather S, General Manager at HYATT house Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear PJE44,

Thank you so much for your review! The staff really appreciates your positive feedback and we all enjoyed having you here! It's so great when a group of people gather in our Guest house, we love getting to know our guests and we hope you return next time your in the area!!

PS-We wish we had elevators too! So glad we were able to accommodate your first floor request :)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The 2-room suites were laid out very comfortably with everything you would want for a longer stay. The furnishings were clean, fresh and spacious. The price was comparable to single room hotels. There was an overhead skylight above the bed that prevented sleeping in on a Sunday morning with no apparent ability to dim that light.

There are no elevators, so carrying up heavy luggage to an upper floor, could be a chore.

There was a fairly complete complimentary breakfast buffet that was not restocked well during the morning rush, so by 9:45 AM on a Sunday, there were only slim pickings available.

Room Tip: Pick one on the 1st floor if you don't like steps - no elevators available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vincent B
Heather S, General Manager at HYATT house Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Vincent B.

Thank you for your review! I'm very sorry about the high traffic breakfast on the weekend. We definitely have a game plan in store for this weekend to make sure all the food is hot and plentiful throughout the entire breakfast. We would be happy to accommodate your first floor request next time you are in the area. Please reach out to me personally and I will be sure your next stay is a pleasant one! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Hyatt House in Mt. Laurel is a good value. All of the hotels in the area seem overpriced, but I got a relatively good deal.

Check-in: The service at the front desk was very polite and prompt. Unfortunately, when I checked in there were no available rooms with two queen beds. That meant my mom got the king bed, and I ended up sleeping on the pull-out sofa. Also unfortunate, was the fact that my room was on the third floor. There are no stairs, so the climb was very difficult for my mother. I asked the next day for a room change. There were no rooms available at the time, but the extremely polite and helpful front desk attendant (I don't know his name, but he was a young Indian guy) wrote my name in a log at the desk. The next day, he called me and told me that he was holding a first-floor room. I was very pleased.

Room: The room was quite big and was like a nice one-bedroom apartment. There is a granite and stainless steel kitchen with all of the usual amenities - just like home. There is a desk table, a round breakfast-type table, and a coffee table. There is a tv in the livingroom area, as well as in the bedroom. The bedroom is separated from the living room with double doors. It has a big closet and a standard bathroom. And now, to discuss the sofabed...

Sofabed From Hell: Uncomfortable doesn't begin to describe this sofabed. The mattress was pretty much an uneven layer of metal springs with a thin blanket over it. Kids can sleep on anything, because they are light and their bodies are still in the right shape. Adults should stay away from this sofabed. I ended up calling the front desk and having them bring me an extra comfortor and an extra blanket. With those under me, the bed went from nightmare to just terrible. I don't judge the hotel too much for this, as this is what I've come to expect from sofabeds.

Other Amenities: I didn't eat the breakfast, but I got free coffee every morning with flavored creamer. I got a lemon poppy muffin and a bagel one morning - all free. They were good and fresh. There is a basketball court, which was in good condition. You can get a basketball at the front desk. There is a decent pool area, but it was closed and covered due to the weather.

Summary: If you need to stay in Mt. Laurel and want a place that feels like home, you'll get a good value with Hyatt House.

Room Tip: There are three floors and no elevator, so choose your room according to your preference.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear 'TinManJones'

Thank you so much for the review! We love the opportunity to make things better here at Hyatt House Mt Laurel! Thank you so much for the compliments regarding Sojib, our front desk agent who made sure you were moved to a 1st floor room. I'm so sorry what you requested wasn't available at check in. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious full service kitchen and guest room! I'm very sorry about the sofa bed! You will be happy to know that we have plans to replace our living room furniture in 2015. Please come back and give us another try anytime your in the area and thank you again for taking the time to review our home away from home!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Every thing was as expected, a good place to crash with the familY for a few days. Nice free breakfast, friendly staff. Kitchen was well stocked, ample free parking, near turnpike exit. Nice choicenewspapersapesfree

Room Tip: There are no elevators! Keep in mind, 3 floor hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear MyBTJ,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to give us this rave review! The staff and myself really love to hear that our team made your stay a great one! We look forward to your return visit! Thanks Again!