“Great staff, good deal.”

HYATT house Mt. Laurel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Booked one night at $144 for the Trio room - this was a 2 BR suite - one with a king and one with 2 double beds.

We checked in 2 hours early without any questions whatsoever.

The pool was made available to us although it probably was unlikely open yet before Memorial Day.

The lady at the front desk was very nice (didn't catch her name). Marcel (who I believe was the manager) went out of his way for us and was extremely friendly, helpful and accomodating. Even the two men who came to help us with the walkup for our bags (there's no elevator, but it's easy access to your room from the parking lot) were very gracious, even when I told them I didn't need their help.

Room smelled like maple syrup for some reason, but was quite clean by any standard. Beds were very comfortable, and the towels were fine.

There was also a separate living area with full kitchen.

I did notice the "ashtray" on the outside floor remained full of butts and cigarette boxes for the full 24 hours I was there.

The breakfast was perfect and there was a man cleaning the tables after people finished their meals.

There is free Wi-Fi and copies of both the Journal and USA Today.

I also used the 24-hour business center to print up some papers.

My wife and I would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We went to Philly for a basketball tournament, but decided to stay in Mount Laurel because of the cost and the fact they could accommodate the entire team and their famillies. We were early to check in, however the hostess moved some things around and was able to get us in our room so we didn't have to wait until 3pm. We had a one-bedroom suite which was perfect! It was like a mini apartment with a great kitchen and living area and a nice comfy bedroom. I haven't stayed at many Hyatt hotels, as I'm a Marriott junkie, but Hyatte is definitely on my radar now. The only issue I had with the hotel was that there is no elevator (and nobody told us). We happened to be on the third floor, so imagine our surprise when we saw all those steps. I didn't mind, but I think that' something people should know, in case they are physically unable to make that trip. Also, the lock on our door was rather loose, like it was installed improperly or someone had tried to break into the room quite a few times. I think it was just a bad installation; we did not complain to management about it since there was another lock on the door. Overall I was very pleased and will definitely stay with Hyatt in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I checked into this hotel on a Friday night for a weekend stay. After unpacking everything, I went into one of the cabinets in the kitchen to pour myself a glass of wine, only to find a live roach crawling around. So, I trapped it in a cup and called the front desk. They told me that they would send someone over. I couldn't understand why or what they would do, but they never came. While sitting there waiting, I decided that I did not want to stay in this room or even in this building. Everyone knows that there is never only one roach, and if one gets into your bag and you bring it home, then you are really in trouble. So, we packed up all of our things, and I took the roach in the cup to the front desk.

They offered to give me another room in the same building but I refused, I wanted a room in another building. Finally they gave me a room on the 3rd floor in another building. We lugged all of our things up to the 3rd floor, checked all of the cabinets in the kitchen for more roaches and unpacked our things.

When I went to sit on the bed, I noticed that there was hair on one of the pillows. When I moved the pillows, there was actually hair and pubic hair all over the bed and the sheets were wrinkled like they had been slept in and never changed.

After having 2 rooms that were both disgusting, we repacked our things again, went over to the Hyatt Place which was very nice and clean, reserved a room there, went back to Summerfield Suites and checked out. We didn't even make it through 1 night. I would never go back, and definitely would not recommend this hotel unless you would like to bring home some unexpected house guests. Absolutely disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank outahea2
Reviewed 26 December 2009

I've stayed the Hyatt Summerfield Suites numerous times and have enjoyed the stay each time. The rooms are large, spacious, clean and very comfortable. Excellent for a long stay and a stay with families.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 2 June 2009

This hotel was refurbished quite well. It had nice two bedrooms. Very comfortable beds. Now the bad.... the toilet was clogged. When I called room service, I was told everyone was gone for the day (only one person was on duty for the whole hotel). I had to go get a plunger from the main office, fix the toilet and return the plunger. Not quite the experience I was looking for. Our neighbors were also somewhat noisy. Unfortunately, the noise went through the walls. Other than that, nice hotel. Just don't expect an incredible breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2008

This hotel has been renovated BUT the breakfast area is absolutely filthy; the public toilets are disgraceful, no one at reception answers the phone, housekeeping is erratic and one needs to beg to get the room cleaned; towels are lacking. What a disgrace.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank allan1949
Reviewed 8 December 2008

Great deal for the 2BD/2BA suite, clean and quiet, but there were a few oddities...

all beds were made improperly - no top sheet
no wash cloths or hand towels
no toiletries
broken cabinet handles
hole in floor under carpet
heating was either full blast or completely off (blowing cold air)
worn, faded blue towels on the second day of our stay

Not sure I would stay there again unless I didn't have other options, but it wasn't horrible!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)