“Can't go wrong at Mama's!”

Mama's Pizza Grille & Bistro
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Mount Laurel
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I tried Mama's on a recommendation from Marriot Residence Inn on Rt 38 Mount Laurel where we were staying. I was in town for my son's tournament. Mama's has a small town "homey" feel, not like one of those "chain" restaurants. At Mama's, we had some of the best Italian food we ever had ! Our favorites were the Veal Marsala and the Penne ala Vodka, as well as the meatballs. You can tell the food was made fresh to order. The service was good too! Shout out to the Marriott Residence Inn for treating us well and giving us a great recommendation!

2  Thank Rose L

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been to this restaurant 4 times and each time it was absolutely the best Italian food I have every had. The restaurant seating area is very small so if you are going on a Friday or Satiurday night make a reservation. The food is not like other fast food Italian restaurants. I have sampled the veal parmesan and the Bolognese spaghetti and both could stand up to a 5 star Philadelphia restaurant. The tiramisu is homemade and superb too. The customer service is also excellent. I love this restaurant!!! Good size portions so expect to take some home too.

2  Thank Joan Y
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here since they opened almost 2 years ago it's all good from the first time . I am also from New York like the owner the food is different from the average south jersey eateries around here !

2  Thank Newyorkyankees1
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have known Giovanni when he had his restaurant in Voorhees. When he closed, we lost track of him. Fortunately, for Facebook, I was able to reconnect with him. We couldn't wait to see him and try his new digs. So, last night , we did. What a pleasant surprise!!! First of all, it is not just a pizza restaurant. To the right of the entrance, there is a small restaurant with about 10 tables. It is away from the pizza ordering area, private and cozy.
Now for the food.... The menu is large and since we knew everything was homemade, we wanted to try everything. But, since we knew our stomachs couldn't handle it, we started with the stuffed long hots and the rice balls. The 3 large orancini were delicious and my husband and son devoured the 4 large long hots. I had the spaghetti and meatballs Something simple, but I wanted to try the meatballs since another reviewer on another site said they were terrible. Well, they were the best I've had. He even told my husband how he makes them which he does daily. My husband had a special pasta with calamari and my son had the arrabiata. Both were delicious. Portions are large and we didn't have room for dessert. Maybe next time.
The restaurant is a BYO and there is a lovely patio for outdoor summer dining.
The pizzas looked wonderful and we can't wait to try them.
Delivery and catering are available. Please take my advice and give this great place a try. You won't regret it!

1  Thank kathieann
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

A place you could easily miss as you're zipping along Marne Highway, it's worth slowing down for and stopping in. The food is homemade and fresh, no shortcuts taken in preparation here! Dinner as well as sandwiches and pizza are all highly recommended. Decor is nothing fancy, BYOB.

4  Thank Lovelake

Been to Mama's Pizza Grille & Bistro? Share your experiences!