“Comfortable Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first trip to the NJ area. I was there for a little over 3 weeks on a business trip. I came to know about Staybridge through my colleagues and also had a few colleagues staying there. I was primary looking for a hotel which had in-room kitchen facilities, self use laundry facilities, in and a fitness centre. I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

First stay at Staybridge hotel. We went just for an overnight and I really liked this hotel. It was exceptionally clean, the suites were huge, 2 bedroom, 2 baths, fully equipped kitchen, breakfast was great, common areas very clean, free self laundry service and good service at the front desk. Convenient location to many chain restaurants and lots of choices. My only comment would be to tell management to staff up! The two people at the desk did a good job but could have used a few more hands to help people check in, answer phones and the like. They did the best they could so I can't blame them but management should staff up.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is well worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was my first stay with Staybridge. I came to know about Staybridge through my colleague. I really enjoyed my stay. They will show personal interest on each guest. The room we had was fine and clean. They provide nice Breakfast with lot of options.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here a few years ago and the place is still good. Prices went up a bit, but so did everyones! Still a good value with free breakfast and close to Philly. Suite is great if you have kids! This is a crucial time for the hotel to see if it can maintain its "newness" ...so far seems like they are on top of it!

Room Tip: Studio suite is not worth it.. go for the king or double.....unless you are alone then it is fine. W...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Clinton, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I picked this hotel based on an EXCELLENT Staybridge Suites stay in Eatontown, NJ-one of my best experiences ever at a hotel. The actual hotel is lovely and well cared for. The outside gardeners do a beautiful job with abundant flowers and well manicured grass. The room we had was fine and clean. Breakfast was one of the better ones I have seen in hotels. There was yogurt, fresh fruit!, oatmeal, make your own waffels, cheese omlettes, sliced ham, hard boiled eggs, and the rest was standard things you would find at a breakfast. So far, so good.....The problem I have with this hotel is the front desk staff. In most cases, my interactions with the front desk are only at check in. We arrived about 7pm and the front desk person was THE SLOWEST and unqualified person to be at a front desk. If he moved any slower, he'd be dead. He took every phone call that came in, and also attended the side door mini store while checking people in. I was standing 3rd in line for about 20 minutes. Hello!! I have been in enough hotels where the front desk person was sharp and could multitask. There should have been 2 people here based on what I saw. It was 7pm~still a popular time when customers are arriving, wandering around, need questions answered, etc. If it was 11pm, ok, one front desk person would be fine. I finally! get waited on, in between all the interruptions!, and ask about the shuttle bus that was parked outside. I got a blank look and lots of 'um's'. It turns out that our car had a tire problem, we already dealt with AAA outside, and the car couldn't be fixed until the morning and it had to be fixed at a local car dealer. I was there for a business meeting that started at 8:30am at a nearby Double Tree hotel-too far to walk, but close enough. The person with me was going to take care of the car problem, so I inquired about the shuttle to get to my meeting. Again, blank looks and an "I'm not really sure & there's no one here to ask" demeanor. He asked what time I needed the shuttle, he would mark down the time so the morning staff would be aware of this request, and that it would be a good idea for me to 'remind' them in the morning just to be sure they were aware of my request. OK!!! I requested the shuttle at 7:50am. 8am-no shuttle bus driver. I asked the morning lady front desk person and she said "Oh, he'll be here shortly, I think"-"I think???"...8:10am still no shuttle bus driver. I had bad vibes about this from my request the night before and they were coming true. I reminded the front desk lady that my meeting starts at 8:30am. She walked away for 3 minutes to the back room, THEN came back and called the driver, "Where are you?".... Another man showed up who requested an 8:10am shuttle. FINALLY, some dude shows up at 8:20am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who happens to be the bus driver. I barely made it to my meeting and I was very unhappy. If there was no shuttle service, that would have been fine and I would have looked for a taxi service. But, shuttle service is offered and clearly my situation was unusal. The staff--the evening front desk person, the morning front desk person, and especially the shuttle bus driver all blew it. I came here for business and I don't think I would return............An aside note, there seemed to be two kind of people here. Many business people & then young familes due to the water parks in the area. Just an observation.....Another side note, there is free internet and a nightly light snack/dinner from 5:30pm to 7:30pm midweek, which we missed because I was waiting to check in so long. Another side note, since we couldn't go out to eat, we found an pizzeria menu in our room that delivers from down the street. The menu was quite extensive & reasonable. I believe it was called Cichinos? or something like that. They will deliver it right to your room. It was a terrfic pizza and we were glad for the delivery and good food based on our situation. There was a McDonalds within walking distance but we preferred pizza.....Any time I do a review, I always try to look for the good in any hotel property and I have listed a lot of good things. But, service is a big issue and the management needs to step it up with better training, add more staff members or get new staff !!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ssg47
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear ssg47,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and we regret you found the level of service you received from our Front Desk staff less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments and forwarded them to our Front office team for them to review the the procedures they have in place and make necessary improvements to their service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here overnight for a Girl Scout's trip to Sweet and Sassy (at the next town over). The two bedroom suite was perfect for our needs. One room had a full/Queen sized bed and it's own bathroom, and the other room held two double beds and another bathroom. There was a kitchen with a dishwasher and fridge/freezer as well as a living room with a sofabed and table for 4. The girls loved the pool and free breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I went with my family for a vacation. We were celebrate my daughter's graduation! When we got to the hotel they place in the room a note for the graduate with a butterfingers and skitters. She was so happy!! The staff made us feel like we were at home, specially CJ It was Saturday morning and there was no breakfast and they have to call him as soon as he got there he ask for a few minutes and soonn!! we have breakfast he was so worry that he even ask people is the breakfast ok? If is not please tell me what would you like! He was the best. The housekeeping they were great also everything was very clean I really would like to go back!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family