“Great Location for our needs.”

Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had requested a room with two beds, the desk clerk argued we me regarding our issue. I had to say at least three times, I would NEVER rent a hotel room with just 1 double bed. Finally she agreed to change our room and we actually ended up with a two bedroom suite!!! The breakfast food was the typical breakfast buffet you get at every hotel. However on certain nights during the week they also had pizza and salad in the breakfast room. Not sure if it was free but it didn't look bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here for 18 nights from 2-20 June 2013. I liked the place immensely. The rooms are very comfortable and big with an attached kitchen. The place has a homely atmosphere with a personal touch and without a commercial ambiance, maybe because it does not have too many rooms. They arrange a complimentary dinner as a social evening Tue-Thurs which is a very good idea. (The hotel went out of their way to arrange special vegetarian dinners for me.) It compensates partially for the fact that they dont have a restaurant. But there are nearby places to eat and a McDonalds right next door. They have a pool, gym and free self-service laundry all of which are very clean. I wouldn't like to comment on the location since I am not from the US and I dont drive, but for me the location was great as the hotel provided me a complimentary shuttle daily to my workplace. They also provided me the shuttle to commute to and from the nearby train station 6 miles away on weekends. The front desk also helped me to plan my weekend trips by train/bus. The service is prompt and the housekeeping is good. On the whole, I had a great time and I would willingly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family and I stayed in a two bedroom suite for five nights in July as part of a two week trip from the UK to New York, Philadelphia and Atlantic City. We greatly appreciated the high quality of this hotel. It was a good base to explore Philadelphia where we spent two days with a concet at the Mann Center and the Six Flags Great Adventure Theme Park (50 minutes drive) where we also spent two days. Following a stay in a small Manhattan hotel room, the spacious suite consisting of a king bedroom, a queen bedroom, each with an adjacent full bathroom and a lounge and kitchen area was like paradise.

The staff were very efficient and helpful, the housekeeping was excellent, the breakfast was very good with healthy optons of fruit and grain cereals in addition to the usual breakfast items of omelettes and sausages. The hotel also has a lovely small heated indoor pool which we spend one afternoon relaxing in and it was great to have towels supplied.

A wonderful feature is the free laundry. This is a room beside the gym which has about four washers and four dryers, and to be able to use this without the usual process of collecting quarters was great. The machines also have electronic timing displays so that we were able to set a timer on our phones and arrive back just as the wash and dry cycles were finishing. Others must also do this as there was never anyone's washing sitting idle. An added convenience is the laundry basket supplied in the suite.

We loved staying here and would highly recommend it as a great value means of seeing Philadelphia and visiting Six Flags.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first trip to the NJ area. I was there for a little over 3 weeks on a business trip. I came to know about Staybridge through my colleagues and also had a few colleagues staying there. I was primary looking for a hotel which had in-room kitchen facilities, self use laundry facilities, in and a fitness centre. I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

First stay at Staybridge hotel. We went just for an overnight and I really liked this hotel. It was exceptionally clean, the suites were huge, 2 bedroom, 2 baths, fully equipped kitchen, breakfast was great, common areas very clean, free self laundry service and good service at the front desk. Convenient location to many chain restaurants and lots of choices. My only comment would be to tell management to staff up! The two people at the desk did a good job but could have used a few more hands to help people check in, answer phones and the like. They did the best they could so I can't blame them but management should staff up.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was my first stay with Staybridge. I came to know about Staybridge through my colleague. I really enjoyed my stay. They will show personal interest on each guest. The room we had was fine and clean. They provide nice Breakfast with lot of options.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here a few years ago and the place is still good. Prices went up a bit, but so did everyones! Still a good value with free breakfast and close to Philly. Suite is great if you have kids! This is a crucial time for the hotel to see if it can maintain its "newness" ...so far seems like they are on top of it!

Room Tip: Studio suite is not worth it.. go for the king or double.....unless you are alone then it is fine. W...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family