“Post-Wedding Stay”

Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the night after our wedding. Room was large and spacious with a kitchenette. Beautiful dining area. Applebees in the same parking lot was a plus for post wedding celebrations. Bed was comfortable and rooms were very clean. Front desk staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Radhi S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Thomas R,

Congratulations!!!! Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We are glad you had a memorable stay and we hope all your guests had a good time too. It means a lot when a guest takes the effort of sharing their experience with other fellow guests and we greatly appreciate your gesture. Your review has been shared with our entire staff. We definitely hope to see you again- probably your 1st Anniversary celebration!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this hotel often for business and I've stayed at most in the area as well. This is by far the best. Very Clean. Pool is great. Breakfast is OK. Things get a little loud on weekends when high school sports teams take over. The rooms are fully loaded and comfortable. You do have to remind then to clean every day and to give you fresh towels, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Room Tip: They try to put the frequent visitors on the 3rd floor, so less kids and families up there usually.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Radhi S, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Ms. Hall,

Thank you so much for your kind words of praise. We have missed you! It was lovely to read your mention about being the best in the area. We always value a candid feedback which will help us to improvise our services towards our guests. Exceptional guest experience is our motto and your review will guide us in addressing some concerns raised by you.

We look forward to seeing you soon! Do not hesitate to contact me for any future reservation needs you may have.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very helpful and professional staff. Breakfast offered had a good selection and was nicely presented. Suite layout was great. Everything was very clean. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Dear Emersoninnkeeper,

Thank you for taking the time to share so positively your Staybridge Suites experience. We felt proud to read your lovely comments, and look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit when you are next looking to enjoy some special time.

Thank you once again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I usually do my research when looking for a hotel, and never being wronged before, I read tripadvisors recommendations and I REGRET choosing this place, this is definitely NOT number one in Mount Laurel.... It was the worst experience me and my family ever endured...

1.check-in was a disaster, had to wait in another room to be given the room I had originally booked, while my kids were hungry and wanted to go eat at a restaurant.
2. Housekeeping did not clean our room upon our return from Sahara sams...
3. Staff were unprofessional, some guy named Kayer wearing a raggedy T-shirt at the front desk I was not sure if he even worked there...

*and not to mention carpet in the rooms are worn out...

The guest service manager named Rashida tried mending our HORRIBLE experience and discounted the price for one of the two nights we stayed...I could've cared less... Because giving a discount did not changed the frustration and disappointment we had already gone through.

I SHOULDVE LISTEN to the negative reviews and NOT to the FALSE ADVERTISEMENT "number one hotel in Mount Laurel" ON THIS WEBSITE

I'm really disappointed at tripadvisor for advertising this hotel as the number one, maybe tripadvisor's employees should go and stay here for a night and then rate it!!!!

SMH @ tripadvisor!!!!!

6  Thank Suhay D

Dear Suhay D,
Our sincere apologies for delivering you an unpleasant stay. Your comments regarding your overall dissatisfaction are well taken. Our hotel culture is to warmly welcome and look after all guests, and we sincerely regret that this special stay for you and your family began as it did and for the upset this caused to you all.
We acknowledge and appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for your experience and for the indicated poor service as this is not indicative of our associates, nor is anything other than friendly and professional service acceptable here at Staybridge Suites-Mt. Laurel.
If you were not happy with the action taken by the management, please contact me directly to further address any concerns you may have.
We all hope you will return when you are next time in the area, as we would be grateful for the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant stay, very nice and professional team.
We enjoyed from our stay. Very pet friendly stuff, they treated our dog as part of the family and that's exactly what she is. :) will be back for sure! Highly recommended hotel

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nirit O,

Thank you for the time you have taken to review your recent stay here at Staybridge Suites-Mt. Laurel, NJ. Be assured your lovely post is being shared with all associates, so they will know first-hand of your admiration and appreciation of their dedication and commitment in providing exceptional service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a return stay when you are next travelling our way.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'm not sure how this hotel was named number one. We arrived at the hotel and were checked in rather quickly but this was the end of the good service we were expecting out of the number one hotel in the area. Although we were in a non smoking room it was very obvious to me that someone had smoked in it recently. Also, we were located directly next to an exit door which people used at all hours to go in and out for cigarette breaks. The smell of cigarettes was overwhelming and disgusting. The drain in our shower did not work, and unfortunately this was not the end of things.

When I noticed the ironing board in the room did not work I called the front desk. I asked them to send another ironing board to the room, I was met by a bit of silence and then a curt "I'll be by in a few to check it out. When I went to thank the gentleman on the phone I was met by a dial tone as he had already hung up. A few minutes later the front desk associate showed up at the door with a new ironing board. This one was filthy and I had to cover it with a towel before ironing the dress I had brought. Finally I went down to the pantry to purchase something. As the front desk was unstaffed I asked the first employee I saw what I should do to pay for my purchase, his answer "I don't know what your talking about. I just got here." I finally found the person working the front desk in the breakfast area eating toast.

The breakfast area was the last straw. My husband went down to eat breakfast around 8:30. He came back to warn me that the entire dining room was filthy, none of the tables had been cleaned, and the food service area was a mess. I decided to skip my free breakfast and not bother with anymore headaches.

I don't think we will be coming back here again. From what I have heard the Hilton is a better choice. For the other member here who suggested that we complain to management before writing a bad review I have to say I disagree. I gave the staff at this hotel two opportunities to make things right, I was disappointed both times. I don't think I should have to spend my vacation time speaking with managers about the service at their hotel, it's up to the managers to have an idea of how their staff treats the guests. One look from a manager at the dining room this morning would have told them to ask their staff to clean up. I'm not sure if it's bad management, a change in staff, or just bad timing, but I really am in total disbelief that this hotel was rated number one.

**ammendment. This review was written prior to our last night stay here unfortunately it got worse. Around midnight I figured out why the room smelled so strongly of cigarettes. The airvent that is used to heat the room is a window fixture and blows air directly from outside into the room. Our room was an end unit with an exit door located right next to it. Apparently that outside door is a common smoking area. This was made doubly apparent when around 3:30 Am I was awakend by a very noisy group of people outside who were clearly smoking marijuana-another great smell to add to those at this hotel. Yikes!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Radhi S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Marialaina T,
Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. For us, when a customer takes the effort of searching a hotel and then chooses to stay with us, a bridge of trust has been established.
We are hospitality professionals who strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and we truly and sincerely work hard to be the #1 rated Tripadvisor hotel in Mount Laurel since past 4 years. Hence your feedback about our hotel has left me disheartened and somewhat surpised. Each team member is brought on board with a clear message of providing outstanding service and dedication to their work. When this goal is not met, it is a clear statement that we have failed.
I would have gone above and beyond to address your concerns if you had brought them up during your stay.
I urge you to call the hotel and contact me to have a better understanding of the entire situation.

Radhi S.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I had a very dirty room that I do not believe was clean before I came I had pillows with make up on them. Cigarette burns in a nonsmoking room. I spoke to the General Manager Ein and he was of no help .I was very displeased and will never return. This is not a hotel for children . I submitted pictures.

Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Tiabelmar
Radhi S, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Tiabelmar,
We apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay at our hotel.We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know. After our phone conversation, I hope you were satisfied with the action taken by our management.
While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.