“Cheap and Cheerful”

Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in August, with my wife and 17 year old son.
The rooms were large, very comfortable, and well equipped, if not a little tired, and need of updating.
The complex itself is fine; basic swimming pool. laundry facilities, and ample parking, and the front desk staff were very helpful.
All in all, it was a pleasant, if uninspiring stay, and if I was staying in the area again, I would re-book.

6  Thank euanhusarmi

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This property is somewhere in between a hotel room and a short-term apartment. There are a number of nice features such as the suites having useable kitchen equipment (two burners and a microwave, dishes, cutlery, pots.) There is also free wifi, though it does have ads, even using Firefox as a browser. There is one of those standard mid-level hotel breakfasts (waffles, reconstituted eggs, sausage, cereal, decent fruit.) Coffee and tea are available all day. The light cleaning means that towels are replaced and beds are made, but there isn't wiping up or vacuuming unless you are here more than a week. On the weekends you need to arrange for even the light housekeeping. The pool is usable -- between 3 and 4.5 feet (though it claims to be 5 feet), and approximately 10 yards square.

You'll notice some reviews on here that seem to be much more negative than the others. That is because some rooms are much worse than the others. The first night I was put in a room that was musty and had a gap between the bathroom ceiling and the fan, leading to a buildup of mold, torn carpet between the bedroom and the bathroom, and some sort of sticky substance on the floor of the kitchenette area. I asked to be moved the next day and was moved to a room with the same layout, but that had none of the maintenance issues of the first room. I did wonder whether the bad room was related to the fact that I was a solo female traveler. Also, I had been on the road all day and was too tired to request another room after seeing the first one. In general, the daytime staff at the hotel is much more helpful and responsive than the nighttime staff. The second room was clean and the desk was a useable workspace..

Most of the guests appeared to be families taking short trips from other parts of NJ or Pennsylvania to go to the Waterpark. The hotel is about 30 min from Philadelphia because the driving conditions are usually bad. There is a Whole Foods about a mile away with an extensive selection of prepared foods.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the room carefully before you agree to it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank WanderersWife
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was at Mt Laurel on Business trip for a month,Stay Bridge was booked by my company on my behalf.i had a wonderful stay there.Staff was too good and helping.They try to help you in every possible way to the max extent they can.In my case they never disappointed me either it being change in Room,arranging for a pick up drop to shopping center in case when paid taxis were not available.Helped me in temporary turning off my billing when i was out over weekend.Am truly very impressed with their kind gesture,Thank you so very much.Looking forward to stay in here again.Rooms were fantastic with all necessary things available.Thank you Mr.Patel,Radhi,Ann,Casie,Rich and others who made my stay comfortable and memorable.All the very best to you all..

Room Tip: Before you book do tell them the head counts,which will help them to book room of appropriate size.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here while we were awaiting the birth of our grandson. The hotel was lovely and every restaurant you could think of was close by. The suite was wonderful and my granddaughters even said the pull out sofa was comfy :-) Can't recommend this hotel enough!

1  Thank Doris B
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great experience staying here with my 3 small children. Staff SUPER nice!

Had the suite with separate bedroom with King bed + pullout in living room.

Only issue really was with hotel pool which was overcrowded on a Saturday night [not the hotel's fault] and WAAAAY over-chlorinated [which hotel could fix]. Also no towels in pool area which was due to the crowd I bet.

My kids are early risers, so I could have used the buffet to open a little earlier.

Room Tip: If you have kids be sure to confirm that you have 2 rooms in the suite [1 for them 1 for you].
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Choose here for my wedding and was not disappointed! Their sales staff was wonderful booking rooms close together since I couldn't get a block...many hotels were sold out but Katie worked wonders for us! Front desk was ready for the crowd at night and breakfast was wonderful!!! They even made signs for the hotel shuttle to our reception. Driver was friendly and professional. Definitely a great hotel at a reasonable price!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lawrencepapa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would first like to compliment this hotel staff, especially the woman who worked the free hot breakfast buffet / light dinner buffet. My wife and i cringed when we saw a bus full of teenagers pull up as part of some event (twice during our stay) but much to our surprise we never heard them and the buffet area handled that big crowd and everything was clean and fully stocked when we went there to eat. We also were worried at 8pm when we went to put our daughter to bed with our room next to a crowded, loud, basketball court but hotel staff went out there and enforced the 8:30pm closing time. They also were able to accomodate us with a cell phone charger to borrow for the duration of our trip. An absolutely great experience!

The pool was a little small but served its purpose, the dining area was large and always clean, the grounds are located within walking distance of a couple restaurants. We reserved a 2 bedroom suite which was more than enough room for my family and made for a very comfortable trip

The only negative to this trip, which could have been resolved with a call to the front desk, was the cleaning staff never showed up to empty garbage/replace towels/make the bed during our M-F stay despite there being a sign stating light cleaning is included. We actually got a good laugh out of the visit from house keeping on Friday when we were about to check out asking if i could replace the TV guide and put a sign that stated "light housekeeping M-F" on our table. We could have called the front desk and i am sure they would have helped us out, but it wasnt necessary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family