“Was comfortable...stayed there for a wedding...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Philadelphia/Mt. Laurel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 10 October 2009

My wife and I stayed for two nights in late September (after spending two nights in Philly) while in town for my brother's wedding this location was only five minutes from their house so I booked using Hilton points for our 2 night stay. I had seen previous concerns about the interstate noise so I had requested a room on the side farthest from the interstate and found it to be very quiet. The room was a typical Homewood Suite room (1 King bedroom) and was very comfortable and a good value for the Hilton points.

My only complaint was one morning at breakfast when one of the attendants got a little smart-mouthed with me when I asked if they were going to re-fill the breakfast items since it was 25 minutes before breakfast was supposed to be over and she said no in a rude way. Also, there was no clean plates as the two attendants didn’t seem to be keeping up with the guests. I went to the front desk and told them that they needed to get them help and make some more breakfast food. The manager was found by the front desk and she promptly went back to the kitchen area and told them to make some more breakfast and got them get some plates washed. She then brought my wife and I plate and apologized for the attendants so the issue was addressed.

Overall, it was a very nice stay at the property and its location was convenient for the wedding.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2009

Did a weekend stay with my wife. Requested King Room away from 295. Checked-in and got a king room right on 295. Beware this hotel is within a few hundred feet of the highway. You hear it all night. Could not switch rooms as only smoking was available.

Employees were friendly however there is only one person on duty in the evenings. So if you have a room cleanliness issue like we did...nothing happens except and apology. Our bathroom was dirty. Hair from probably the last 10 stays were in the tub and floor.

The second day we did not even get maid service. Again after 6pm there is no one to tidy up the room on site anyway. Unfortunately we were gone all day long and when we got back to our unfinished room we only got an apology again.

Wont stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EkimPennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for one night on Saturday June 6, 2009. We arrived around 4:30 and check-in was quick and efficient. I received 2 bottles of water and 2 packs of cookies as an Hhonors gold member.
The room was a standard Homewood Suites one-bedroom layout. The television in the living area had a built in TV guide that wasn’t accurate as to what channel was actually being viewed and didn’t have all available channels listed. There is NO pay per view or video checkout available at this hotel. I verified this at the front desk as this seemed strange especially for a newer hotel.
The sink in the bathroom is attached to the bedroom without a door, this can be annoying if someone is getting ready in the morning while somebody else is still sleeping. The tub and toilet are separated from the sink area with a door. The toiletries were Neutrogena and included shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.
The free breakfast provided was not as good as I have had at other Homewood Suites locations. The selection seemed to be lacking. For example, they had bagels and bread, but no muffins or doughnuts. The apple juice looked watered down. They did have “make your own” waffles.
Since there was no video checkout, I used express checkout by calling the front desk. This was quick and efficient.
The location is good. It is right near the Moorestown Mall as well as many other stores and restaurants. It is also convenient to RT 295, 73 and 38.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fligster
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Had a two night stay, and reserved a room with two queen beds. Upon checkin, I was told that only rooms with one queen bed were available. This presented a problem given that we had three people in the room. Not to worry I was told, there was a sofa bed in the room as well. Great, except I specifically reserved the 2 queen bed room type because I didn't want to pay $120+/night to sleep on a couch. I was told that in exchange, my first night would be comp'ed.

Upon entering the room, we found some dirty clothing that belonged to the previous occupant that housekeeping missed. I guess they realized it, because not 2 minutes later they came into our suite without knocking, thinking that the room wasn't occupied. This would be the last time I would see housekeeping, as they did not service our room after the first night... and we did not have a "do not disturb" sign hanging on our door. We had to go down to the pool to get towels on the second night.

Breakfast would have been nice if they didn't run out of food and silverware. There was still 30 minutes left in the breakfast serving window... and they were out of all of the hot foods other than eggs. You'd have to eat them with your hands though, because all the silverware had been used and was in the process of being cleaned by the staff.

Upon checkout, the bill did not comp the first night. We ended up paying rather than arguing, though in retrospect we probably should have asked. Overall, this property was a disappointment, which is unusual given that I've had quite a few stays at various Hilton-run properties as a HHonors gold member. This one stands out as one of the worst experiences I've had in years, which is at odds with the otherwise good reviews for this place... not sure who was asleep at the switch for this weekend.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank sullim4
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. Though we were kind of being butts to one another, the stay was great. The room was beautiful, a living room, kitchen & bedroom....beautiful flatscreen tv in the living room (which has a pull out sofa) and a large tv in the bedroom. The kitchen was well equipt and the room was neat and clean. I only have two complaints...we were positioned WAAAAAY on the other side of the hotel, so the trip to the lobby was a good long walk. The oher issue was a not a huge problem becaue I both work with children and have children myself and know how they are, but there was a group of giggling children on a trip of sorts who kept running up and down the hallways...that wasn't the issue in and of itself, the issue was when they would run down the hallway and knock on our door becaue they thought it was funny,,,

We missed breakfast both mornings, but they do have full hot breakfasts. They also have a manager's reception with food Monday through Thursday (we came on the weekend so wasn't able to partake). They have a nice indoor pool and all & all the atmosphere was great. Best of all, they are but a few hops away from the mall. We took the car there once, and walked there twice (be careful if you decide to do this because you have to cross 3 major roads on foot tht were not meant for pedestrian walking). This would be great for an extended stay. It felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Nice, typical Homewood Suites hotel. Back away from the main street a bit behind Best Buy across the street from the Morrestown Mall and shopping area. About 30/35 minutes off commute from PHL and about an hour fro Ocean City beach. The welcome staff was nothing short of fantastic. Nice work out and pool areas. Mon-Thursday "dinner" offering was better than most Homewoods, while breakfast was a little less impressive than other Homewood's. Internet service is generally good, but it does seem that the wireless service does go down periodically for a few minutes. This hotel does back up to a freeway. Try to get a room number below X15 to minimize this noise. Since this hotel features full kitchens, you should know the closest grocery store is a Shop Rite, less than a mile to the North of the hotel on Nixon. Really it is a pretty nice store. If you want to go out to eat, there are dozens of offerings very close by.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Arrived at this wonderful hotel but found that the Livingroom TV Remote did not work. After telling the maid of this, the problem was resulved in less than five minutes

Other than that, I really enjoyed my visit and was impressed that the staff went out of their way to help

The rooms were well maintained and the "Express Checkout) was a big help

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo