“Nice Hotel”

Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed here with family on a recent Saturday night. The addition to the hotel looks to be nearly complete. Since we were there on a weekend there wasn't any construction going on. When we arrived, there was only one person working at the desk so check-in was a little slow with other people in line and the man having to answer phones at the same time. There appeared to be a wedding going on at the hotel that day so it was pretty busy.
Rooms are huge. Ours was pretty warm when we got there (temp was set at 74) but we kicked the themostat down and it cooled quickly. One bonus is that the vent is right over the bed so it kept it nice and cool for sleeping. Breakfast in the morning is pretty decent. The hotel is very convenient to I-295.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bostonluke
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

We are glad that you liked your room and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again once the new rooms are completed.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Nice, recently built property. Currently undergoing expansion. Rooms are clean, bright, and modern. Breakfast is typical RI fare with evening food served three nights a week. The staff are very nice, courteous, and helpful. There is a nice little shopping center across a four-lane hiway with fast food offerings and a Ruby Tuesday. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Do be attentive to the hotel enterence off of 38...the two u-turns are far apart.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Punkydoo
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again once we reopen the new addition. We are expecting to open the new wing, late November or early December.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here for a short time but I can say that this is one of the best hotel I ever gone.
The room is very clean. I don't know if all rooms has a kitchen with complete appliances, ref, microwave, stove, oven, plus kithen utentils. I just felt I was at home. Pool and spa are pretty decent. Free breakfast and free internet. I wish I could have stayed here longer. Thank you Residence Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

We are glad that we could exceed your expectations. Hopefully in the future you may be able to stay with us longer.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

This hotel is under construction - so I'll cut them a bit of slack, but not much. When it's done, it will probably be a decent place - perhaps even very nice. But right now it's only half finished - there is only ONE entrance to the property off of Rt 38. If you miss it, plan to drive up and down 38 and look for U turns or turn offs. You could do this for 30 minutes, easily, which happened to us. If you have a family, and don't want to pay for meals, it's going to be very nice - a big refrig, all suites as rooms, ovens, microwaves, etc. Just wait for completion.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

I apologize that you had a difficult time locating the entrance to our property. Because we are located within a corporate complex our entrance must be within the complex. We anticipate our construction to be completed mid November. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn with my 8 year old stepdaughter one Saturday night in August. I chose this hotel because they offer one bedroom suites, which I prefer when traveling with my stepdaughter. The room was small, but up to date, very clean and well stocked. The living room area contained a sofa bed and there were linens for that bed in the bedroom closet. The bed in the main bedroom was very comfortable and the shower pressure was perfect!

The only negatives were: 1) The bathroom is inside of the main bedroom. So if you're traveling with friends or family they will need to access the bedroom to dress in the morning or to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. 2) The frying pan handle was loose and actually broke while I was using it. 3) The battery in the smoke detector needed to be replaced causing the device to begin beeping intermittently during the night.

Despite these minor issues, I enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn and will visit again if the occasion arises. There was construction going on at the hotel, but this information was published on their website, so I was aware when I was booking. The construction had no negative impact on our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the amenities met your expectations. Thank you for notifying us of the minor issues that you encountered. We do our best to eliminate them before they happen unfortunately sometimes they arise and we thank our guest for bringing them to our attention so that they may be addressed. As always it is in our brands culture to strive for excellence and being made aware of these moinor instances help us improve. Hope you and your family come see us again after the new addition is complete.

Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Residence Inn at Bishop's Gate on the way up to New York city. We were only there for a very short amount of time so we were not able to make use of the pool, fitness center, grills, etc but we did have a reasonably pleasant night. The room was typical for a Residence Inn. It was on the first floor and my first concern was that it may be noisy due to the social hour that was going on mere steps from the window but this turned out to not be a problem at all. My only complaints from the room itself was a couple of stains on the sheets and a sofa bed that basically had no mattress (you could feel the support bars under you the entire night and it was quite lumpy). The breakfast was typical for a Residence Inn: full with waffles, eggs, sausages, etc. Nothing incredibly special but nice for a night. Reasonable location juxtaposition to Philadelphia.

• Stayed: August 2012
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

Although you were only with us for a quick overnight, we are glad you were able to get a nights rest and enjoy our Residence Inn signature breakfast. Thank you for pointing out the condition of the linen as we will use this as a opportunity to re-educate our housekeeping staff. Please come see us again on your next trip through the Mount Laurel area.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel on August 4th for one night. It is well situated if you are travelling, the hotel is impeccable, the room is spacious, comfortable and clean. Our check in was quick and easy. The area is nice with walking trails nearby (great if you have a dog!). They are actually expanding the hotel right now, so brand new rooms will be ready soon. I would have given this hotel a great review, but…

The next morning, we had to leave early. We knew that the breakfast was served only from 7:00 on Sundays, but in most Residence Inn they set it up earlier and you can grab a bite before you leave. Actually, everytime we left early, when we checked out the employee at the front desk would ask us if we had eaten something even if it was 6:00-6:30!

We showed up in the breakfast area at 6:20, and all the cold items were already available. As I made my way to the buffet, the lady at the front desk rudely said to my husband that breakfast only started at 7:00 and that we were not allowed to take anything. I thought she meant that the hot items would not be served before 7:00, so I went ahead and served myself. She then rudely told my husband again that we were not allowed to take any of the items there before 7:00.

I could not believe this, so I told my husband to grab a few things anyway, but he was really uncomfortable, because the lady kept grumbling. In the meantime, the gentleman who was setting up the breakfast items went to open the lights in the breakfast area since it was a little dark. Soooo, the frustrated lady told him not to open the lights. Cute, isn’t it? Then, a few young people showed up, and she rudely told them that breakfast would start only at 7:00. A young woman asked if she could only take a bagle, and the answer was NO.

Now come on. Clearly that lady is not in the right business, she should seriously consider changing her career. We have NEVER been treated this way in ANY Marriott hotel. Over the years, we have had issues with reservation mix-up or various inconveniences, but every time the staff would make sure that the issue would get taken care of, and with a smile! This type of attitude is NOT acceptable in the hotel business. I can understand that we all have bad days, and some staff members are not always super "smily", but you can at least be polite and open to your guest’s needs. If you want to limit the access to the breakfast items, then have them locked behind closed doors, and it will keep the desk lady happy….

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for your review.of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay regarding the hotel. In regards to the the service you experience on the day of departure, I sincerely apologize. As you stated everyone has a bad day now and then, but in this industry it is completely unacceptable. As you can see from our other reviews this is out of the ordinary and not to the stanadard of service provided by our hotel. I was made aware of this situation and the associate has been re-educated on the level service we expect that all our guest are to receive.