“Overnight Trip”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overnight Trip”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

From the outside, this hotel looked very nice. Went in and was greeted by clerk and she was very friendly. I did state I would be arriving early and needed a early check in. My room wasn't ready but they did get one ready. Come to find out, it was a handicap room and I immediately went back to the desk and asked for another room. Bunch of young people yelling and screaming outside and hanging by the door. Doubt if I will be returning to this hotel. Didn't like the location at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We apologize that we did not have a room ready for your early arrival. Unfortunately, because we are an extended stay hotel, we are at the mercy of our departures for availability of room types and early arrivals. Again, we apologize for not meeting your expectation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I were driving North and were exhausted, so we randomly stopped here. What a wonderful surprise, we were greeted late at night by friendly staff, given a large, comfortable and clean room. Management seems to have figured out what guests want. I wish we were staying longer....breakfast buffet was delicious and a very happy staff member roamed about, cleaning tables and helping out guests. Would like to take this hotel with us to my next destination.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the last minute. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip.
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent the weekend with family at the Mt Laurel Residence Inn - some annoyance that this is the 2nd time (1st was summer of 2013) that my confirmed room type had to be cancelled by hotel and new type of room assigned. But last year, the Front Office Manager was able to accomodate my required room at the last moment. This time, I did understand the Permanent status of the extended stay guests but not happy about it. GM was able to appease my annoyance with an adjusted rate on 2 rooms instead of the 1 (2 rm suite). Worked out fine - the single rooms were large enough to accomodate my family after all.
I still think the property and the staff deserve the Excellent rating. Friendly and curteous staff - helpful GM. I saw a hands on GM who cared about his staff, his guests, and the facility. On Sunday morning, the GM was prepping the breakfast in the lobby with a friendly smile. I especially like that he saw one young man who so wanted a waffle but had no clue how to work it. Before I could offer assistance, the GM went over and showed him how it worked, walked him thru the choices for breakfast and did it all with respect for the teen. We learn by example and the staff of this Residence have a great teacher in this GM.
Cost of rooms may seem high but worth the value in comfort, style, no noise heard in hallways nor from other rooms,wireless availability nice pool and exercise room, great lobby area for gathering at breakfast, food quality in AM was great (salsa & shredded cheese was my fave).
If you have a little extra money to spend (although I think the price is reasonable if you have 2 or 3 sharing room plus free breakfast and other amenities), I would REST with the BEST at this Residence Inn! Next Family function - will be booking here again!

Room Tip: Had 3rd floor rooms - all were comfy and quiet.
Green Features: Like that guests have the option to not have linens changed daily if by choice - save on the waste of water is always a good thing in my book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were able to enjoy your stay and experience our customer service. We look forward to seeing you next year.
East Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel staff was very nice and the hotel is centrally locate near many strip malls and attractions ( casino, Sesame Place, etc) but the water in the shower on Sunday mornings is Luke warm and our toilet overflowed. Still the kids loved the pool.

Room Tip: Lots of kids running around and noise at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues with your stay. We will have maintenace look into these items as they are out of the norm. We are happy that your family enjoyed our pool.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks on business. 1st experience in a Residence Inn. Excellent extended stay hotel. Free wifi & parking. Full kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, & dish washer. Lots of outlets for my electronics. Free hot breakfast with 3 manager's reception dinners a week. I truly felt like it became my home away from home. Within government per diem rates, they also will issue a state tax exemption when you're travelling on federal business. Very enjoyable, would repeat if I'm ever back in the area, and a chain to look for when I'm on the road next!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and enjoying all we have to offer. We look forward to having you stay with the Residence Inn brand for future stays.
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here just one night on the way from Washington, DC to Boston, but wish I could have stayed longer! The room was ENORMOUS, clean, quiet, and wonderful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I had the chance! Did not stay for the breakfast, but it smelled delicious. Staff were very friendly and I was greeted each time I passed through. A+! A little more than I would like to pay, but worth every penny. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was great. I had requested extra towels when I made my reservation, and they did not end up making it to the room, but if I had bothered to go to the front desk to ask for them I'm sure they would have been more than willing to provide them for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Hopefully next time you'll be able to stay a few more days.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were at the Mt Laurel Residence Inn for almost five months due to winter storm damage to our home. I have only good things to say about the staff. Lynn went out of her way to help us get settled under very stressful circumstances. When anything popped up Ben, the Manager, took care of things quickly and helped in dealing with the insurance company's housing department. In fact we found everyone on the staff to be helpful and friendly.

For those not familiar with the area the hotel has easy access to rts 38 & 295. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and there is a large supermarket at the next traffic light.

I would definitely recommend a stay here and our thanks to Ben and Lynn.

Room Tip: One thing we did find was that rooms in the new section of the hotel are quieter, probably due to ne...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guests. If we can be of service in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.