“Very good for business and breakfast”

The Westin Mount Laurel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed here a couple of times of business and had a very good experience each time. Nice, clean rooms with friendly and diligent service team.

Breakfast Buffett was included and very good !

Overall - very good!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have probably stayed at this property 10 times for business travels. Each time my experience would get worse. This stay was finally the last one for me. The management is horrible and rude. They truly do not care. I showed up this time at 9pm only to find that my reservation "didn't exist". They said i must have booked with an online travel website and to call them... However i booked on SPG.COM which is starwoods booking site for preferred members. I told them i booked directly with Westin/SPG and they couldn't care less. They then told me that they would check me in and work on it in the morning. If my story was true then they wouldn't charge my room on my card since i did after all "pre-pay" when i booked on the Starwood site. Well, you guessed it, they double charged me.... On top of that the room was filthy, the mirror was cracked and taped back together. There was mold in the shower and the bed was disgusting. The manager Martin never seems to care each time i have complained. As a Gold Level Starwood Preffered Guest, i travel frequently and primarily in Starwood properties. This hotel is not like any other Westin property i have stayed in. It is below par and not even close to the Westin Brand Standards. Do yourselves a favor and stay at the Aloft for about half the price.. Stay away from this place. Its not even close to worth it.

Room Tip: No room feature can make up for a horrible staff and management
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Marty B
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel whenever I travel to mount laurel for business. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly, helpful, and courteous. The restaurant is adequate and the bar is very good. This is my go to hotel when in mount laurel.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed overnight on May 17th, we were in a king suite. It was slightly getting a little worn, the sofa looked a little beat. The bathroom was very nice with a big bath and separate shower. The safe was a little too high in the closet, I couldn't see inside. I would stay again. Breakfast buffet was nice. Concierge lounge was closed Sunday AM for private event, that was a first for me. I would also say the parking lot was very far from the front door, so arriving back from a party at 1AM I wasn't entirely comfortable walking that far by myself.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed 2 May 2014

OK they have done nothing to fix the WIFI in the hotel rooms. May be the slowest WIFI in the world. So I was awakened by the fire drill test they do once a month. They don't do the test in mid afternoon but at 830am. Who does something like that and wakes up paying guests when test could be done at 2pm. The GM here has not a clue what is going on in tHis hotel it never changes and in future may be staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are over 6 foot tall be prepared for a shower head at chest level. The incompetent plumbers o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank DoctorVonCueBall
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here this past weekend for a night. We wanted to go to Dave and Buster's, but didn't want to stay in Philly. The hotel was very busy as there was a an event going on. When I checked in my room, there were some used towels and sheets in the corner by the door. The rest of the room looked very clean. I called to let them know. Within a few minutes, someone was there to take the towels and some else came to offer a room change/upgrade.

Nothing runs perfectly, but the staff at this Westin went out of there way to make me comfortable during my stay. The bed was great as always and hotel was fairly quiet considering there were tons of people downstairs drinking and dancing all night.

I would highly recommend this location as an alternative to staying directly in Philly. Its close by, cheaper, and much better service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jlg454nyu
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear jlg454,
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed both your room and the service extended towards you. We hope to see you again in Mt. Laurel!.
Regards,
Martin Faye

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed overnight at The Westin Mount Laural for a dance competition my kids had early the next morning. The Hotel has a very large and eligant lobby. We checked in late in the day, which was very fast by the time I parked the car my wife and kids were in the room. The rooms are very nice,the bed are comfortable, but small not sure if they were queen of full. There is a mini bar with soda's beer and liquors. The room and bathroom were clean and kids slept good. I checked out early the next morning with a very nice and friendly manager. Overall I would recommend The Westing Mount Laural to family and friends

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear psully22,
We are glad that you enjoyed you brief stay with us in our hotel. I am happy we were able to take care of your family, even if it was just for a few hours. Come visit us again!
Regards,