“Unhappy with customer service”

Courtyard Mt. Laurel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
“Unhappy with customer service”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Gave me a room at the very end of the hotel around three corridors. Asked for room closer to lobby and they weren't able to accommodate. Ok. So I called down and said the toilet wasn't operating properly. Came back from dinner to find toilet still not operating, grease on door handle, and grease on seat. Fairfield hotel across the street at 1/3 less in price. Checked out went over there. As a frequent traveler and rewards member, very dissatisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you very much for the honest feedback. We truly appreciate all comments whether positive or less than what you as our guest expected. We understand you have choices for lodging here in the Mt. Laurel area and to have dissappointed you is not our standard. Please know we will continue to focus on the guest experience daily, and your feedback is always welcome.
We thank you for continuing to be loyal to Marriott Hotels!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've stayed here once before a few years ago and after reading some of the reviews, I was slightly hesitant to stay here again. Good thing I didn't listen to the bad reviews. I didn't experience anything mediocre or poor about this property. The room I was given was perfect for what I needed and seemed to be recently updated.
The only glitch that I had was the microwave I requested for the room didn't work. But the manager on duty herself, purchased a new one and delivered it within a few hours. THAT"S customer service! I'm on a strict diet so I didn't dine in the lobby but at dinner time, there were many eating at the Bistro. The gym is fine for a novice, but a little sub-standard for myself. No worries!! I was offered free vouchers to a full size gym less than 1/2 mile away - which was perfect for my workouts.
Overall, I was very pleased with this property as it fits well within the Courtyard name. If/when I'm back in the area, I will be looking to stay at this place again. Well Done!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review!
My staff and I truly appreciate you as our guest and we hope to serve you again in the near future when you visit the Mt. Laurel area. We are thrilled you were pleased with your stay!!!

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott!
Neptune City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We usually stay at the hotel over Columbus Day weekend for a soccer tournament. This year it was cancelled. Parents decided to come out any way with out the kids. Rooms were recently renovated from last year. Great location to be able to walk to dinner. The rooms were spotless from top to bottom and the front desk staff could not be more helpful. The fire pit in the courtyard is the high point, great seating and fire pit with good friends made a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the terrific comments! We are all very pleased that you visited the Courtyard Mt. Laurel this past weekend despite the cancellation of the tournaments. We know how much the children look forward to their matches and when the weather doesn't cooperate we are all as disappointed as they are!
We are so glad you all enjoyed your time here and please plan to join the Courtyard Mt. Laurel again in the future.

Regards.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 October 2013

For the most part, my stays at Courtyards are pleasant. And the Mount Laurel property was good, as well. Front desk was very friendly and was able to upgrade us to a larger room due to our membership status. Was great to have all that extra space. Hotel is convenient to get to, very clean, and with comfortable beds. I experienced same issue as a previous reviewer—many unruly kids running and screaming around the property (although I suspect there isn't a whole lot the hotel can do about that if the parents are allowing it to happen). One thing I dislike about Courtyards is the new "bistro" idea. I've never seen it work effectively. They always seem understaffed and stressed because of the large amount of people waiting to get service. I would stay at this hotel again, but would skip the bistro.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Mt. Laurel for your recent visit to the South Jersey area! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

I apologize for any delays serving your party at our Bistro. We strive to be properly staffed and offer timely service daily...if that was not what you encountered please accept my apology and also my gratitude for your feedback! Your comments will be reviewed thoroughly and we will work to improve our Bistro service and follow up.

Again Thank you, and we do hope to see you again very soon.
United States
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Like I said, this is a great hotel and facility. It is very clean and comfortable, with very nice grounds and well-appointed rooms. The staff members were very professional, courteous, and helpful. A special thank you is extended to Leah and Tammy at the front desk.

The hotel offers many nice amenities and is located just minutes away from Philadelphia and major highways. However, one thing was missing that puzzles me, and the only reason I don't give this facility a five.

I have stayed in many, many hotels/motels, and almost all of them offer some kind of complimentary breakfast in the morning...even the most inexpensive chain places. This hotel does not even offer you a piece of toast. Yes, they do have a little "bistro" or restaurant area in the lobby, but at an additional, inflated expense. You would think that a hotel of this quality could at least offer a token, simple complimentary breakfast. Go figure.

The Sage Diner is right down the street though, with really outstanding breakfasts.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheCosmicTraveler
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the Courtyard by Marriott in Mt. Laurel! I am pleased to pass on your comments regarding the property and the Front Desk representatives you mentioned by name. I am very proud yto work with both Leah and Tammy every day.
Regarding the comments about our Bistro and coffee service we Proudly Feature Starbucks in our Courtyard Hotels. As well we offer all guests complimentary coffee service in our sleeping rooms and refresh this daily during Housekeeping service. We know many guests like to jump out of bed or out of the shower to a freshly made hot cup of coffee and therefore we supply all guest rooms with a coffee maker for either hot tea or coffee to get you started.
Again Thank you for staying at Courtyard!
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Apparently this hotel chain has blocked Fox News Channel, all other news channels are available, contacted the front desk and good explanation was given. I'll never stay in this hotel again for this reason and will take my business some other pace. . I did some more research and found out that Marriott hotel chain is not allowing FNC in their hotels.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
We are always grateful for the feedback and please know all comments are reviewed and shared with the staff for training purposes and follow up.
I apologize for any confusion regarding our selection of news channels, however as of today's date we still carry both the local FOX affiliate from Philadelphia which is FOX29and the FOX News Channel in our guest rooms! We also carry the FOX Business Channel on all of our lobby televisions.
FOX 29 is # 6
FOX News is #19
FOX News in lobby is #360
FOX Business in lobby is #359
Thank you again and we do appreciate your concern.
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had a group of about 20 rooms staying here for a wedding weekend. In general, everything went well. There was some confusion regarding whose room belonged to whom, but it seems that all worked out by very polite staff in the end. The rooms were clean and neat, evidenced by a rather strong smell of Clorox on the sheets and towels. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family