“Expectations met”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 7 January 2014

So while I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites, this was my first stay at this specific hotel. I was only staying for one night and was traveling with my dog.

The hotel room totally met my expectations; it was very clean and everything operated smoothly. The price was decent and restaurants were easily accessible. Even though there were large number of hotels in this small area, it was very quiet.

A/C worked well; bathroom was huge!

There is decent, lighted space outside for walking the dog so that was good, not all Candlewood Suites have the dog area well lit.

The only issue I had at all was upon check in and check out. I arrived around 3pm as did several others. The front desk only had 1 individual and so the wait was longer than expected. I experienced the same thing upon checkout in the morning.

Otherwise, good vist!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel was perfect from the minute i walked in i didn't expect it to be so good, we had problem with attendance giving of wrong room one without sofa bed which we thought we ordered ,but management quickly resolved room's are nice,a lot of TV channels beds were comfortable only problem sofa bed was hard springs stuck you in back other then that perfect

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabar Y
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Started my business trip driving from NY on a very rainy night , finally arriving at my hotel . I was greeted by a friendly face and asked if I wanted a cup of coffee or a water ,I guess I looked beat up from my trip in the blinding rain . My suite which by the way is appox the same cost as a hotel room in the area . Only with full kitchen , microwave, coffee maker , stove and yes a full size refrigerator ! An easy chair , wi -fi , and a great work station . I have stayed at another extended stay type hotel ... But this was different .. The new led 40" TV , hardwood floors . I'm not ever going back to a hotel after this stay at Candlewood suites! *****.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Fldsetter
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First time staying at this hotel. I travel and stay every week in this area for a couple nights on business. This hotel met my expectations but the use of the perfume spray they use in the rooms and the elevator is truly gagging to me. For me, it makes it difficult to return.

Otherwise a nice place to stay. Nice honor snack room, and TV, room, towels, etc. were all good.

Get rid of the perfume!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lou L
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello Lou L

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites, Mt. Laurel. Also, thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations. It's always great to hear that guests enjoyed their time with us. I am not too sure about the perume but I will be sure to check with the front desk and housekeeping to make sure they are not using too much. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Have a great day.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I travel to this area quite a bit and this was my first (and last) time at this hotel. I unloaded my dog and a crate and got to the room only to find that the HVAC didn't work well and it was very warm in the room, even though it was October. There was also a funny smell. I called the desk and was given another room but at the opposite end of the hotel - had to pack up everything again - and the HVAC wasn't much better in that room. Disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kara G
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Kara G

Thank you for your stay here at the Candlewood Suites, Philadelphia, Mt. Laurel. It is unfortunate you had this experience on your first visit to Candlewood Suites. This is not a typical experience here. And unfortunately your complaint has validity. We have recently contracted with a new vendor for our A/C and heating units. We hope this change will provide the high quality experience our guests expect. Thank you for sharing and have a great day.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The area is decent with lots of hotels. This is by far the least expensive option in the area, and I was thrilled with how clean, spacious and well appointed it was. I have never stayed at this brand of hotel before, but would gladly stay again if the opportunity presented itself. No complaints whatsoever.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentTravels3071
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I wanted a nice hotel for a weekend trip to Atco Raceway, but I got the worst room I've ever seen.
The refrigerator motor was very loud, which woke me each time it ran and the ice maker in the freezer didn't work. The motor to the heater was also very loud and the thermostat on the wall didn't work. To stop the toilet from running continuously you had to shake the handle and the float stop needed replacement. The hotel room was dirty, especially the bathroom, kitchen sink and dishwasher and the garbage disposal didn't work. The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work too well and it was very noisy, it woke my boyfriend when I used the bathroom even with the door closed. The hot water ran out fast and the tub drain was very slow, I was standing in soap scum water to my ankles after my shower, and there was no soap dish on the bathroom sink. The channel listing in their book was incorrect and there was no guide in their cable system.
Even though I've stayed at cheaper priced hotels, this was the cheapest hotel I've ever stayed at and can't imagine where they spent their renovation money or how bad the place was before the renovation.

Room Tip: If you want a good room stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hello Kitt 405

I'm sorry top hear there were several issues with the room you were in. With a similar experience I would be hesitant to return. I hope you took an opportunity to give the front desk a chance to give you a room you would have been satisfied with. It doesn't sound as if you had the chance to have a different room. If you voiced these issues to someone while you were staying there and nothing was done, I apologize about that. Thank you for taking the time to make everyone aware of your stay and have a great day.