This morning when I woke up at the Candlewood Suites Hotel, to my horror there were 2 bed bugs crawling next to me on the comforter. Quick side note: This hotel has a thin sheet over the comforter, so I didn't even notice that the comforter had an array of different colored stains on it until this morning.
Upon seeing the bedbugs, I called the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. The manager (Erica I think she said her name was) came up to my room. I had watched one of the bed bugs and was able to point him out to her. She gave me some story about how she needed to have an engineer check it out or whatever. As two adult women, we both knew darn well that was a bed bug. I offered my phone number so she could call me to apologize (after the supposed "engineer" confirmed our findings) or at least tell me if I should burn my luggage before taking it home.
I was honest with her and I told her that if I hadn't heard back from her about the situation that I was going to write a review on Trip Advisor because I would want to know if someplace where I was considering staying had bugs that I might take home and infect my house with. I have not heard from her and she basically gave me the "do what you have to do" attitude and made no attempt to correct the situation.
- There were several pieces of paper/tissues under one of the shelves on the entertainment stands
- The soap dish in the shower wasn't cleaned and had blue goo (spilled shampoo from a previous guest?) all over it
- The dirty bed sheets I mentioned earlier
- The hardwood floor by the door had not been swept and was gritty
- Management is disinterested
- Random musky smells throughout the hotel
I stay in hotels throughout the mid-Atlantic every weekend and am an IHG Priority Member. I have never had an experience like this weekend at Candlewood. If you're looking for a hotel, there are a plethora of others in the area. I would absolutely avoid this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites Mt Laurel we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. We are an all suite property, the perfect place for your next stay, and a great alternative to a corporate apartment. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk with free high speed internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR/DVD player. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers; we are a pet friendly hotel. Earn Priority Club Points for each qualifying stay. Candlewood Suites Philadelphia-Mt. Laurel is located in the business district of Mount Laurel, NJ. We are near the offices of Cendant Mortgage, Liberty Mutual and GE Capital Corporation. As well as Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel Hotel Mount Laurel
- Candlewood Suites Mount Laurel
- Candlewood Mount Laurel
- Mount Laurel Candlewood Suites