“Great stay”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Great stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before we headed back to louisville ky. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable.

We've stayed here before on previous trips and always had a great experience. They have a new feature called the Lending Locker. We didn't use it but they make games and other things available to you.

We'll be back next time. Keep up the excellent work!! Thanks!!'

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
State College
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for a little over a week recently, but have been here on and off the last few years. I have no issues at all with the hotel, although it could use some renovations. The room that I was most recently in (202) was a free upgrade because of the length of my stay or because I'm a priority club member- I didn't ask I just took it and smiled. Full size fridge, silverware, pots, pans in every room. The AC worked well, however I'm not sure how- it was confusing to operate. The only complaint that I have was they were conducting there annual fire alarm testing a little over a week ago in the middle of the day. Unfortunately during this time I was working a shift 7 PM to 7 AM (I'm an aircraft mechanic). However, I was able to rest easy during the day fort he remainder of my stay.
The room I was in had recent renovations and what seemed like new linens. Hopefully these renovations are throughout the hotel. The only legitimate complaint I had, was the lack of trash cans in the common areas of the hotel. Since I was there on and extended stay, maid service only came once a week. I had to track down a dumpster outside twice, after I walked throughout the hotel with a trash bag full of coffee grounds and egg shells.

Room Tip: 202 had recent renovations and an extra bedroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for one night with my dad, before arriving I called to ask for a room with 2 beds and they alerted me that they did not have rooms with 2 beds and that they could set up a cot in the room. I did ask for a cot to be set up in the room and when we arrived it was very late at night, passed midnight, there was only one bed in the room and no cot. Didn't bother calling all we wanted to do was sleep. The blackout curtains weren't long enough and the spotlights from outside in the parking light shined right into the room, it was so bright it was like day time in there! Other than that the price was decent and the hotel was right off of the main road we were traveling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Bentley1688,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that you chose our location and liked it's proximity to the road your are traveling. We continuously strive to improve on our services with the aim to give you the best hotel experience. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your room accommodation. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management and to consider making the appropriate actions to avoid the same incident from happening again.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Faith R
new york
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights for the Memorial Day weekend and would stay again, reception staff very friendly. Loved the setup of the room: two burner stove, fridge and coffee pot, pots, dishes and flatware. Downstairs a free laundry room for guests along with snacks you can purchase (based on the honor system (video surveillance in area, but still a great idea.

An only comment is that check-in was a little chaotic. The two receptionists seemed flustered and a little unorganized with phones and checking in guests, misplaced confirmations, and guest room key not working. They should have a better system, especially for the front desk.

Had a wonderful stay and already booked my room for my next visit in July.

Room Tip: Always try and stay in a upper floor. Don't have any noise of anyone above you.
1 Thank sandyp1017
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This morning when I woke up at the Candlewood Suites Hotel, to my horror there were 2 bed bugs crawling next to me on the comforter. Quick side note: This hotel has a thin sheet over the comforter, so I didn't even notice that the comforter had an array of different colored stains on it until this morning.

Upon seeing the bedbugs, I called the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. The manager (Erica I think she said her name was) came up to my room. I had watched one of the bed bugs and was able to point him out to her. She gave me some story about how she needed to have an engineer check it out or whatever. As two adult women, we both knew darn well that was a bed bug. I offered my phone number so she could call me to apologize (after the supposed "engineer" confirmed our findings) or at least tell me if I should burn my luggage before taking it home.

I was honest with her and I told her that if I hadn't heard back from her about the situation that I was going to write a review on Trip Advisor because I would want to know if someplace where I was considering staying had bugs that I might take home and infect my house with. I have not heard from her and she basically gave me the "do what you have to do" attitude and made no attempt to correct the situation.

Other findings:

- There were several pieces of paper/tissues under one of the shelves on the entertainment stands
- The soap dish in the shower wasn't cleaned and had blue goo (spilled shampoo from a previous guest?) all over it
- The dirty bed sheets I mentioned earlier
- The hardwood floor by the door had not been swept and was gritty
- Management is disinterested
- Random musky smells throughout the hotel

I stay in hotels throughout the mid-Atlantic every weekend and am an IHG Priority Member. I have never had an experience like this weekend at Candlewood. If you're looking for a hotel, there are a plethora of others in the area. I would absolutely avoid this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TracyVegan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear TracyVegan,

Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Club Members. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience, unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations via email at IHGCare@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Once again, thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O

Travellers are raving about these Mount Laurel hotels

lancashire
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights and would stay again, reception staff very friendly and gave us good tips on where to eat in Philadelphia

Room good with cooker, fridge and coffee making pot, downstairs a free laundry room for guests which was great for us as we had been on the road for several days

Just a short drive to the local train station that takes you straight into the city centre

No restaurants on site so eat before you return

Good value, clean and comfy rooms with free Wi-Fi

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good and quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
farmington Hills, mi
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This could have been a great stay in this lovely facility....but... There is an allergy in my family to feathers and down. It's serious enough to result in a hospitalization if it exits in a hotel room. We require all feathers and down pillows and bedding to be removed and replaced with non-allergenic bedding. Most hotel chains understand but some hotels don't get it. Even though we pre-notified this hotel of the issue, nothing was done prior to our arrival and, when we arrived there was not a single non-allergenic pillow in the entire hotel. We had to make do with skimpy decorative pillows. What a shame! We'll never stay at this brand again and will tell everyone we know about this failure. Staff was very apologetic and pleasant, but it was still a lousy night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Scribiner,

We appreciate your time in writing a detailed review about your experience. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. It appears that better judgment could have been made in assigning your room. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the pillows have caused you. We regret that this aspect has negatively impacted your overall experience and prevented you from enjoying your stay with us.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Tracy V.