“Unbeatable in all aspects!!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Mount Solon,Va.
“Unbeatable in all aspects!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

This was our first stay at this hotel, as it was recommended by relatives who've always raved about it. Now we know why! Our suite was comfortable, spacious, and CLEAN! The whole place could pass for a new facility. The staff was friendly and helpful. GG's restaurant is wonderful (with my friend Louis on the piano)! We had a suite on the 3rd floor and our balcony looked over a well trimmed courtyard and the indoor pool. We've stayed at many hotels around the world, and surprisingly, I think this was the nicest, for a very attractive price. Hilton has done it again! Doubletree is our new home away from home when we travel to N.J.! Thank you Doubletree!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

We stayed here for a visit to Philly. Access o Philly by car was easy, and the hotel is very convenient to the NJ Tpke. The rooms are large, actual two room suites, we had two doubles and there is a fold-out in the living room. Two TVs and quite alot of space. Small wet bar area w/micro and refrig. This is what I would call an older hotel that has been renovated over the years. The common areas are perfectly acceptable, nothing to 'wow' you. The covered pool was nice size and had a spa - good for the kids and adults too. There were some noise issues coming in from the hall under the door, we placed our luggage in front of the door to help. Bathroom was in need of an update. The wireless internet seems only to be in the lobby, I could get a very weak signal in my room but had to buy the internet for $10/day to get a real connection (annoying). I would receommen this hotel for a family that need space, you can avoid getting two rooms if you have kids, and escpeially if the price is right (<$100/day). The restaurant appears to try to be more sophisticated than it is and ends up being quite over-priced for the hotel an d the area. No breakfast is included and the buffer is overpriced at something like $15.00. SKip it and eat in your room or at a local place in the area. There are numerous chain restaurants in the area if that is what you want. When visiting Philly do not miss the Reading Terminal.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank paulbinct
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

I had the pleasure of working with Angel Nase in hosting a family reunion in July, 2009. We had events planned for that weekend and the setups in the Banquet and Living rooms were outstanding! Angel and the rest of the staff were very accommodating and the service could not have been better. The breakfast voucher consist of a buffet breakfast featuring an impressive variety of selections. This experience, my first with Doubletree, was delightful and I highly recommend this hotel for events such as ours.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I were married on 6/6/09 at the Falls in the Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel. It was one of the best experiences of my life from start to finish. My wedding coordinator Angel Nase was true to her name - she was an Angel. My calls were returned promptly, I was able to meet with Angel and my convenience and she was able to grant my every wish. The staff of the Doubletree was incredible. My guests and I did not want for anything. There was always a member of the staff available to us throughout our evening. The food was out of this world and plentiful. The Chef even came out to meet my husband and I before the reception started to make sure everything was the way we wanted!!!! Our cake was so beautiful people did not believe it was real and it tasted wonderful! The room looked magnificant and the facilities were immaculate. My husband and I and several of our guests stayed overnite at the hotel. The suites were immaculate and we were given a complimentary brunch buffet which was wonderful. I would recommend the Doubletree for any event large or small. I'm already planning to have my son's high school graduation party there in a few years!
Thank you so much to Angel and your staff, you will always have a special place in my heart!

• Stayed June 2009
Spring Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

I always stay at Hilton Hotels if at all possible.Being a Diamond member has its benefits. The Doubletree on Fellowship Road has everything a business traveler would need. Everything worked ,including the business center.
The property is very large,my room was close to the lobby,not a 1/4 mile away.This hotel is becoming dated. There must be 20 pay telephones in the lobby and other areas .
Everthing in the room was fine.
GG,s dining in the Hotel was excellent.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Juneau, AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Mt. Laurel Doubletree Hotel in conjunction with a family celebration in December 2008. My cousin reserved a block of rooms at the nearby Westin, but I chose to stay at the Doubletree because of my top-tier HHonors status, and I am glad I did.

This is a large, spread-out property. Upon arrival we were quickly checked in to our second-floor suite in one of the more far-flung reaches of the hotel. Glad we had a rental car to complete the final phase of this journey - it would have been an excessively long walk from the lobby to the elevator! Self-parking was free.

As other posters have noted, the hotel is approaching the point where it could use some renovations. That said, our room was clean, large, and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. I was impressed with the walk-in shower. Temperature control was quick and efficient. As a Diamond HHonors member I was entitled to free internet, something I hadn't expected and was delighted to receive.

We also got our breakfasts comped in GG's Restaurant, and it included whatever we wanted at the omelette station. The food was very good.

There is a business center near the meeting rooms, equipped with pay computer stations. There were also laundry facilities and an exercise room on site but I did not have occasion to use them. The property had a large swimming pool that was glassed-in and available for use this time of the year, a nice feature for families.

All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay. If we are ever back in the area, we would stay here again.

• Liked — Unexpected amenities received
  • Disliked — Offsite restaurants and other attractions require a car - not much within walking distance
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dave1013
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed at this hotel because it was across the street from my company's office there. I chose this hotel based strictly on the location and the hope that a suite would provide me with enough room to strech out for a two night stay. I was disappointed with the configuration of the living room area. The TV was mounted on the upper left of a cabinet and made for an uncomfortable viewing angle. Additionally, the TV was probably 20 years old and made an obnoxious buzzing sound while watching. If that weren't enough, the TV would reset itself back to the hotel default channel about every 10 seconds which caused me to give up on the living room as a living space altogether.

Instead, I spent much of my time confined to the bedroom area which completely went against the original hope of having more space. From the bedroom, off of the parking lot side of the B entrance, local traffic noise noticeable and annoying. Upon arrival I noticed that there were many more hotels in the immediate area and one in particular which had the same price and seemed much more luxurious from the outside. I was too lazy to switch hotels after the first night but regretted not choosing some place better.

• Liked — Hard to tell
  • Disliked — Staff was very friendly
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)