“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Staten Island, New York
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Booked this hotel through Priceline as a last minute trip for one night (Saturday 7/23). After reading some of the reviews we had second thoughts. When we arrived the front desk was very nice and helpful with a quick check in. Our room was on the 6th floor with one king bed. The room was very clean and spacious with a new flat screen tv, microwave, small refrigerator and a nice desk for your computer needs. Our room also had a view of the pool / parking lot. The carpet had some usual "wear and tear" but overall a very nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
thehotelml, General Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words, we're thrilled that you had a great expereince at The Hotel ML. We pride ourselves on being friendly and responsive to our guest's needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I checked into the Hotel ML with my disabled husband on Friday, July 22 for a 4 day stay. The lobby was very nice and had a bar/lounge area with ample seating all around. There is a large flat screen television mounted in one corner of the lobby. I had requested in advance (via telephone), a 1st floor room, but upon check-in I found out that the first floor was one floor down on the elevator from the Lobby, so I immediately requested the 2nd floor (lobby floor) and there was no problem. Once in our room, I loved it! The beds were plush and comfortable and because this was a double-bed room, I loved having my own bed to myself. There was a large flatscreen television on the dresser which was probably 40-50 inches wide. I had a view of the pool area (no noise whatsoever from my 2nd floor room) which was accessed from the 1st floor (down the elevator) and out the door. There were several chairs and about 4 or 5 umbrella tables poolside. I saw several families enjoying the pool, some who had ordered pizza, some who brought their own snacks and just enjoying everything. The pool is gated for security purposes and towels are provided. Additionally, the hotel has a water park, the CoCo Key Water Resort. This is an indoor water park, which gives discounts off of the hotel stay and admission to the water park with different packages. The hotel also has a restaurant, although I did not go to it. The fitness center looked adequate and is on the 1st floor with its windows facing the pool area.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children, and intend to utilize the pool, there are several rooms on the f...
1 Thank tooluvedfashionista
Thank you for your kind comments, we're thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that you took advantage of many of the amenities offererd at our full service hotel. We work diligently to provide a wide variety of activities for our guests, and we have recently added live music in our lounge on Wedensday nights. I hope we will see you again soon!
Long Island
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here recently for one night. What a classy place. The lobby was quite modern and the furniture in the room was beautiful. There was a flat screen tv. We stayed in a king room and there were 6 comfy pillows on the bed. Our sleep was heavenly. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Besides, it was a steal!

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for providing your feedback. We undertook a $3,500,000 renovation in 2010 which included a number of significant upgrades in our public areas such as the lobby and guest room corridors, as well as a number of other initiatives to improve our guest's experience overall. We will continue to reinvest in our hotel to make sure we are providing a fantastic product at a great value.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We went to the Hotel ML for a mini vacation and the waterpark on site. The price was very good, which should have alarmed me. There was nothing special about the hotel, but we were turned off by a number of problems. We didn't have internet access as advertised, so called to request it. Upon returning to the room 2 hours later, we still had no access and called again. Still no word, but tried anyway and got on. 15 mins. later lost the internet again. We went through the cycle twice more and finally gave up. Later we tried to watch TV however the TV had a terrible picture and inconsistant volume. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, the walls are paper thin and I could hear voices very clearly. We were very lucky that none of the neighbors stayed up late or we would not have been able to sleep.
We will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelsWithTeens15
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at our hotel. While it will be forever true that technology is subject to interruptions from time to time, I am especially disappointed to learn that you reported your challenges to us and we were not able to provide a solution to you, and for that I sincerely apologize. So many times when customers have an issue, they do not bring it to our attention and provide us an opportunity to rectify the situation. But in this case you did share your challenge and we still let you down. Please know that we will follow up internally with our staff and indentify what we should have done to provide better service to you and our future guests.
NY
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I read the reviews on TA and while they were mixed, I chose to stay anyway for the convenience of the on site indoor water park. I called the reservation # listed on TA assuming it was the hotel itself and was even told that it was when I called but it turn out to be expedia. I mention this because this because it was the expedia rep who told me 3 times that my $97 rate included admission to the waterpark (it did not). At check in this was all made clear to me and I waited 20 mins on hold to get an expedia rep to cancel my reservation so that I could book directly w/hotel before I hung up the phone. ML Hotel supervisor Linda Gilchrist was super patient and kind enough to work out a price difference that was fair to my family and even included a free buffet breakfast for our troubles even though it was completely expedias error. Thanks to her my family enjoyed a great stay in a hotel that is much prettier than the pictures show with superb customer service, very nice outdoor pool and an indoor waterpark that my boys loved.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for your comments, it is especially important to ensure that accurate information is being shared with our guests whether by our staff directly, or by another agent such as Expedia. Please know that we have contacted Expedia to ensure that the information they are providing about our hotel is accurate and I am confident that this was an isolated incident. With that, I am thrilled to hear that Linda was able to accommodate your needs...she is fantastic and we are honored to have her on our team. I'm thrilled to hear you had a great experience and hope we can welcome you and your boys back again.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We got this hotel through Priceline - it was rated a 3 star hotel. However, it should not be included on the priceline list. As you enter - there entrance was lined with at least 9 smokers - making it impossible to unload your luggage with out feeling as if you smoked a cigarette yourself. Once inside, we entered the elevator to find a dirty baby wipe on the handle bar in the elevator. When we approached our room - their was a dirty diaper in a bag - sitting in the hallway. Once in the room, it felt humid and we pulled back the curatins to find all the hand prints of the previous (or earlier) occupants. Although the staff is friendly, the place was not very clean. Be careful with three stars in this area!

1 Thank worktraveler10
Thank you for providing your feedback. During the summer months we are fortunate enough to host many families for getaway experiences at our hotel and the CoCo Key Water Resort, and our housekeeping department works diligently to keep our hotel as clean as possible. We routinely walk all of the corridors to collect any refuse so I am confident that the items you observed were removed as soon as we noticed them, and we are always more than happy to respond immediately to any cleanliness issues identified by our guests.
Jim Thorpe, PA
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We booked one night at the Hotel ML through Priceline ($55.) We were pleased with the room and the property in general, but the friendliness of the staff is what convinced us to book another night. Every worker we interacted with appeared to genuinely like their job. We were treated as guests, not just customers. What a refreshing experience!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the pool was quiet.
2 Thank LMS39