“We had a good time for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hotel ML

The Hotel ML
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Brooklyn, New York
“We had a good time for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I thought for the price we had a nice time. I expected the water park to be a little bigger but it is nice and clean. My kids had a blast!
I wasn't so thrilled with our room, It was nice but I am used to a little more upscale, the door could be painted in the bathroom, but we had a coffee pot which was great (I need coffee). The beds were amazing they were so comfortable!!! Flat screen TV. Only complaint the bathroom light mad a noise every time I put it on and the curtains could be cleaned.
The pool is big I loved how they had 2 feet to 5 feet my son stood in the 2 feet and played so nice and it was open to 10 at night !
The staff was very nice I have to say, I had explained my complaints when I checked out and they were more then happy to accommodate me, which I was so pleased with.
We checked in before 4 our room was ready , I was so happy we can go put all our stuff down and change. Only thing my husband smokes I should have gotten a terrace or something with a door because he kept having to go outside which was an inconvenience.
Also the restaurant was ok, tip for breakfast am, waffles shouldn't go in a sterno, they get soggy. But I got a package deal which included a voucher for breakfast and I thought that was worth it.
I also loved they had washer and dryer on 3rd floor. It helped when I had all these towels to wash. ( oh ps the hotel provides towels in waterpark and life jackets)
Oh and they also had an arcade area, we spent 100 in there which I expected but some games didn't work like the bowling game which my son was so upset over.
Over all for the price it was a nice 2 days.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear gabnvinsmom2,

Thank you for the review of the variety of amenities available at both The Hotel ML and the CoCo Key Water Resort. We’re excited to hear that your kids had a blast! Now to the specifics of your comments!

We often get compliments on our beds. They are the best! Sorry to hear the bathroom light made noise. We are always inspecting our rooms for cleanliness, appearance and function. Our guests do love our washer/dryer because of the water park. Do make an effort to visit CoCo Key’s website to see all the amenities before a visit and if you have any questions, call the resort’s front desk. We want to provide convenience, which means we don’t want you to have to over pack towels! Also, we do have many rooms with terraces so please do book well in advance and make your request!

I will shoot a note to the restaurant to let them know about the buffet, but we’re glad you enjoyed the package from the water park that includes breakfast at Talia’s Restaurant.
We are currently making changes to the arcade which I’m sure you’ll love. We’re upgrading games and prizes, so hopefully your son will have a great time in the future as we hope to see you in the future!

Thank you again for writing a review of The Hotel ML, Talia’s Restaurant and The CoCo Key Water Resort.

Best - James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I checked out this morning and felt the need to post about my amazing experience. The staff was so welcoming and my room was very clean. I have zero complaints about my stay. Food at the hotel was great, even ordered room service today before I left. My server was a lovely young man by the name of George Paul. He delivered my food quickly and always had a smile on his face. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sharron M,

Thank you for taking the time to post to TripAdvisor to review The Hotel ML and your recommendation! We’re always happy to hear that our staff was welcoming. We have many fine compliments with regard to the service at Talia’s Restaurant. We particularly appreciate you taking the time to remember and mention a particular server. I have passed a note to the Director of Food and Beverage.

Thank you again for recommending The Hotel ML and we hope to see you again in Mount Laurel, NJ!!

Best - James
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here last week as part of a large national group. Are accustomed to Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton level of quality. Hotel ML is NOT up to these standards. Checked in at 3:45 pm, and we all were told the rooms are not ready. My daughter has worked in housekeeping at high end hotels, and I know that there is no reason for so many "arrivals" to not be ready. Once we got to our room, found the closet door hanging precariously, the robe hook came off the bathroom door, and there was debris in the toilet and on bathroom floor. After I took a lukewarm shower, my roommate told me she discovered that the "hot" and "cold" were reversed. Then, while hobbling through a very crowded hallway with a broken toe(with our conference meeting letting out), I was knocked painfully off kilter by a vacuum cord being pulled by a worker. The housekeeping staff should be aware of large events scheduled, and do there cleaning of public areas at safer times, as well as before guests arrive. Wish we would've stayed at the Westin next door.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Betsy60_12,

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel ML. We appreciate you taking the time and for giving us a chance to respond. Please be assured that during our busiest times, we strategize how to have the rooms empty and cleaned and ready for all our guests and large groups. We apologize for not being able to check you into your room immediately upon arrival.

Additionally, I will send a note to our operations and housecleaning in an effort to ensure we clean the appropriate areas based on business meetings and banquets.

We pride ourselves on being an independently owned and operated hotel where our guests have an experience which will bring them back to enjoy The Hotel ML. We apologize and we hope you will reconsider when visiting the Philadelphia and South Jersey areas. Thank you again for taking the time.

Best Regards – James Gain
lyon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am writing from the 9th floor of the hotel, watching a beautiful sunset, while I write on my laptop with free high speed internet, having had a good night's sleep earlier---and looking forward to another night on a super comfortable bed with clean white sheets. The hotel is perfectly clean and the air conditioning is keeping the room cool on a hot August day.. The staff at the check in desk are working away welcoming new guests. An acoustic guitar singer brings wonderful atmosphere to the lounge and lobby in midweek. Breakfast is delicious. I have been here before in the ML Hotel. I have returned and I will return again. What could be wrong here? I would have to look hard beyond the one (1) gum wrapper that I saw in the hallway. (It was gone two hours later.) Room has refridgerator and microwave which both work well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. Rooms on the west side have a nice sunset. Higher floors are...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear GeorgeinFrance,

We're thrilled to hear about your experience at The Hotel ML. We're particularly thrilled to hear about how the air conditioning worked perfectly. A perfect experience along these lines is our goal 100% of the time.

Also, I'm personally thrilled to hear the gum wrapper was gone two hours later. Our staff strives to create an atmosphere that lives up to these standards.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards - James Gain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I Checked In On August 16 the With The Water Package To Coco keys I Must Say I Was Satisfied With The Service The Clean Beautiful Room With The Terrace Facing The Out Door Pool We Had A Great Stay The Staff Was Very Helpful Also The Restaurant Talia Had Great Food At Reasonable Price Also I Want Room 242 When I Come Back In February With My Family Great Hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear renaholmes,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at The Hotel ML. We love to hear about these wonderful experiences at the outdoor pool, as well as at the Coco Key Water Resort. We look forward to seeing you again in Room 242. Please make sure to request it when you book your vacation!

Also, I will make sure to pass along your compliments to our head chef at Talia's Restaurant and Bar.

Best Regards – James Gain
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

First impressions of the hotel are good as the lobby and restaurant/bar are furnished well. I especially appreciated the shuttle service that was punctual and polite. A special mention to Calvin our driver who didn't hesitate in picking us up from the moors town mall when we needed.

Room was spacious and clean (7th Floor) and bed was extremely comfortable. only complaint would have been the size of the outdoor pool area needed to be bigger as during busy times it was too crowded. I didn't experience coco key resort but from outside looked enjoyable.

Breakfast was a bit pricey for what it was but I had lunch in bar which was very good. The gym equipment needs updating but otherwise good enough to have a workout in.

Overall good experience and would recommend for families.

Beware that only one set of elevators if you are on high floors, it can be a nightmare to get down with luggage around 11am (checkout time).

Room Tip: Views with Pool view much better than highway
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I wish I did! When we checked in, front desk person was extremely rude, like she was doing us a favor. I do have to say it was 1:00 AM, but I did call ahead to let them know we would be arriving after midnight. Once we got to our room, which seemed like it was in the basement of the hotel, we were extremely tired, but very unhappy with the condition & location of the room. It was dirty & looked liked it hadn't been cleaned in a while. So we went back up to the front desk, which once again seemed to annoy the woman working the desk & asked for another room. We were told there were no other available rooms! Really??! I asked for a manager, and after getting a dirty look from her, suddenly there was another room available. It was just slightly better, but at that point we just didn't care anymore. We actually slept in our clothes, as the sheets did not feel clean. Checked out first thing in the morning, just couldn't wait to get out of there. In short, we travel often, this is by far the worst experience we had, don't be fooled by the nice & clean lobby, as we were!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple