The Hotel ML
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Checked in asking if we can upgrade from an Executive King room. Nothing available. Asked for a router since Wi Fi was a joke, no router available for Exec King rooms. You can only order room service within their schedule. It's ok, not really crazy about it. It is peaceful though.

• Stayed: August 2014
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear coqui111170,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback for The Hotel ML. We appreciate you letting the front desk know that the WIFI was running slowly. Often, we reboot the transmitters on the appropriate floor and this solves the issue. I will remind the front desk to do so in the future. Also, we do have hard connections in all of our rooms for an internet connection. That said, we do hope you’ll return in the future because we know how important WIFI is to all of our guests. To this end, and having just spoken with the Chief Engineer, I know we have just doubled the amount of WIFI transmitters on our floors.

Thank you again for letting us know of your issue. We are improving so our guests can rely on us to provide that crucial and free connection to the internet that all of our guests expect and deserve.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed there for a group event. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were nothing special but clean...bathroom was a bit small to a point i had to go outside to change my mind. Actually kept bumping into the door no matter what I did. Not the worse thing though. They only have two elevators which are small and slow. With our group we had to leave rooms 20-30 minutes early to get to the lobby to meet the buses. Breakfast buffet was overpriced and dull. Check out alternatives after the first day or get a package that includes breakfast. All in all, not bad but definitely look around if you have a choice.

Room Tip: lower floors to avoid long elevator waits. Not much of a view out the windows so no need for higher...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rastabug

Dear Rastabug,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at The Hotel ML. We do strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. While we’re excited to hear our staff was accommodating and friendly, and our rooms were clean, we’re not happy to hear you weren’t thrilled with the breakfast buffet. We apologize. Our main goal as an independently owned and operated hotel is to create loyalty among our guests. The quality of our food often receives high praise on TripAdvisor and we hope you will choose The Hotel ML in the future so we have another opportunity to offer such service.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I thought for the price we had a nice time. I expected the water park to be a little bigger but it is nice and clean. My kids had a blast!
I wasn't so thrilled with our room, It was nice but I am used to a little more upscale, the door could be painted in the bathroom, but we had a coffee pot which was great (I need coffee). The beds were amazing they were so comfortable!!! Flat screen TV. Only complaint the bathroom light mad a noise every time I put it on and the curtains could be cleaned.
The pool is big I loved how they had 2 feet to 5 feet my son stood in the 2 feet and played so nice and it was open to 10 at night !
The staff was very nice I have to say, I had explained my complaints when I checked out and they were more then happy to accommodate me, which I was so pleased with.
We checked in before 4 our room was ready , I was so happy we can go put all our stuff down and change. Only thing my husband smokes I should have gotten a terrace or something with a door because he kept having to go outside which was an inconvenience.
Also the restaurant was ok, tip for breakfast am, waffles shouldn't go in a sterno, they get soggy. But I got a package deal which included a voucher for breakfast and I thought that was worth it.
I also loved they had washer and dryer on 3rd floor. It helped when I had all these towels to wash. ( oh ps the hotel provides towels in waterpark and life jackets)
Oh and they also had an arcade area, we spent 100 in there which I expected but some games didn't work like the bowling game which my son was so upset over.
Over all for the price it was a nice 2 days.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear gabnvinsmom2,

Thank you for the review of the variety of amenities available at both The Hotel ML and the CoCo Key Water Resort. We’re excited to hear that your kids had a blast! Now to the specifics of your comments!

We often get compliments on our beds. They are the best! Sorry to hear the bathroom light made noise. We are always inspecting our rooms for cleanliness, appearance and function. Our guests do love our washer/dryer because of the water park. Do make an effort to visit CoCo Key’s website to see all the amenities before a visit and if you have any questions, call the resort’s front desk. We want to provide convenience, which means we don’t want you to have to over pack towels! Also, we do have many rooms with terraces so please do book well in advance and make your request!

I will shoot a note to the restaurant to let them know about the buffet, but we’re glad you enjoyed the package from the water park that includes breakfast at Talia’s Restaurant.
We are currently making changes to the arcade which I’m sure you’ll love. We’re upgrading games and prizes, so hopefully your son will have a great time in the future as we hope to see you in the future!

Thank you again for writing a review of The Hotel ML, Talia’s Restaurant and The CoCo Key Water Resort.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I checked out this morning and felt the need to post about my amazing experience. The staff was so welcoming and my room was very clean. I have zero complaints about my stay. Food at the hotel was great, even ordered room service today before I left. My server was a lovely young man by the name of George Paul. He delivered my food quickly and always had a smile on his face. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sharron M,

Thank you for taking the time to post to TripAdvisor to review The Hotel ML and your recommendation! We’re always happy to hear that our staff was welcoming. We have many fine compliments with regard to the service at Talia’s Restaurant. We particularly appreciate you taking the time to remember and mention a particular server. I have passed a note to the Director of Food and Beverage.

Thank you again for recommending The Hotel ML and we hope to see you again in Mount Laurel, NJ!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here last week as part of a large national group. Are accustomed to Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton level of quality. Hotel ML is NOT up to these standards. Checked in at 3:45 pm, and we all were told the rooms are not ready. My daughter has worked in housekeeping at high end hotels, and I know that there is no reason for so many "arrivals" to not be ready. Once we got to our room, found the closet door hanging precariously, the robe hook came off the bathroom door, and there was debris in the toilet and on bathroom floor. After I took a lukewarm shower, my roommate told me she discovered that the "hot" and "cold" were reversed. Then, while hobbling through a very crowded hallway with a broken toe(with our conference meeting letting out), I was knocked painfully off kilter by a vacuum cord being pulled by a worker. The housekeeping staff should be aware of large events scheduled, and do there cleaning of public areas at safer times, as well as before guests arrive. Wish we would've stayed at the Westin next door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
thehotelml, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel ML, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Betsy60_12,

Thank you for reviewing The Hotel ML. We appreciate you taking the time and for giving us a chance to respond. Please be assured that during our busiest times, we strategize how to have the rooms empty and cleaned and ready for all our guests and large groups. We apologize for not being able to check you into your room immediately upon arrival.

Additionally, I will send a note to our operations and housecleaning in an effort to ensure we clean the appropriate areas based on business meetings and banquets.

We pride ourselves on being an independently owned and operated hotel where our guests have an experience which will bring them back to enjoy The Hotel ML. We apologize and we hope you will reconsider when visiting the Philadelphia and South Jersey areas. Thank you again for taking the time.

Best Regards – James Gain

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am writing from the 9th floor of the hotel, watching a beautiful sunset, while I write on my laptop with free high speed internet, having had a good night's sleep earlier---and looking forward to another night on a super comfortable bed with clean white sheets. The hotel is perfectly clean and the air conditioning is keeping the room cool on a hot August day.. The staff at the check in desk are working away welcoming new guests. An acoustic guitar singer brings wonderful atmosphere to the lounge and lobby in midweek. Breakfast is delicious. I have been here before in the ML Hotel. I have returned and I will return again. What could be wrong here? I would have to look hard beyond the one (1) gum wrapper that I saw in the hallway. (It was gone two hours later.) Room has refridgerator and microwave which both work well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter. Rooms on the west side have a nice sunset. Higher floors are...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear GeorgeinFrance,

We're thrilled to hear about your experience at The Hotel ML. We're particularly thrilled to hear about how the air conditioning worked perfectly. A perfect experience along these lines is our goal 100% of the time.

Also, I'm personally thrilled to hear the gum wrapper was gone two hours later. Our staff strives to create an atmosphere that lives up to these standards.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards - James Gain

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I Checked In On August 16 the With The Water Package To Coco keys I Must Say I Was Satisfied With The Service The Clean Beautiful Room With The Terrace Facing The Out Door Pool We Had A Great Stay The Staff Was Very Helpful Also The Restaurant Talia Had Great Food At Reasonable Price Also I Want Room 242 When I Come Back In February With My Family Great Hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear renaholmes,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at The Hotel ML. We love to hear about these wonderful experiences at the outdoor pool, as well as at the Coco Key Water Resort. We look forward to seeing you again in Room 242. Please make sure to request it when you book your vacation!

Also, I will make sure to pass along your compliments to our head chef at Talia's Restaurant and Bar.

Best Regards – James Gain