“Hotel was not as bad as others made it seem..”

Knights Inn Mount Laurel
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 20 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakeisha S

Reviewed 16 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My Daughters and I had to travel to Shriner's Childrens Hospital in Philadelphia. 1st rm we were in, bathroom flooded (shower head broke and only pointed outward in handicap shower, moved to another room next day, toilet got clogged and overflowed, manager showed me where the plunger was. I had to fix/clean up myself. Pillows are flatter than drywall, no extra pillows, had to buy some at Walmart. Towels? what a joke, 4 people and a baby and I had to always ask for towels, which there never were any. If I did get lucky, they gave me one set. I had to beg and get manager involved to get towels when toilet overflowed. Lamp shades dirty, one light didn't work at all, shelf to hang clothes was broke and apparently the air conditioner units are too heavy and in both rooms they were propped up by a brick.
I called the Wyndham Group which Knights Inn is a part of, I was on hold twice for over 20 minutes. Finally spoke to Customer Service, explained about my/our stay and said if I had, had the money I would have stayed at the Wyndham hotel that was right next door. Told her its a shame this Knights Inn is associated with the Wyndham name.I was told I get a call back concerning my visit. I received a call from the manager at this Knights Inn and the funny thing is he remembered me. He offered me 20% off the next time I'm in area, told him I didn't think I'd be staying there again (and I will be making several trips back for my daughter). Asked him to send me an email with the details and as of yet I haven't received anything. Very disappointed with the hotel, customer service and customer satisfaction. Would I stay here again, NO. Would I recommend it, NO. I've stayed at cheaper hotels/motels that were better. Price isn't exactly cheap but probably lower than others in the area.

Room Tip: Don't ask for handicap room 126 or regular room 226
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bummom03
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Me n my boyfriend are from Philly and we stay at the Knights Inn in Mount Laurel, N.J. just to get away from the craziness n we both like the Knights Inn because they have the AAA n the government discounts ,its also well kept,clean.The people at the front desk are very nice,breakfast is ok.You have a couple food places rite across from there.Applebees, McDonald's, The other guest's in the hotel are quiet. We come here all the time and never had a problem n its close to Philly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rhoda S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having a limited budget and a love of travel, I usually shop for cheap hotels. Most have mixed reviews and I discard those that have things I can't handle. One of this hotels biggest complaints was the breakfast and it was accurate. From 6 am to 9 am and don't come at 9:01. No more towels than the number of occupants reserved and don't ask for more. The exterior of the building was pretty shabby but the lobby was light, clean and cheery. The room was clean, updated, and the bathroom had a fan! (Something you don't always find these days and it makes for difficult dressing in a steamy room). The location was on a very busy highway but not too far down so access wasn't too bad. The staff was very friendly and helped me when they could within the guidelines of the hotel. I had checked before booking and hair dryers were provided. However upon arrival there was only a plate on the wall and no dryer. I went to the front desk and someone was installing the dryer within minutes. The problem occurred on check out day in a time crunch with the dryer, air conditioner, microwave, and refrigerator were all running. Pop goes the breaker! It took about 15 minutes for the staff to locate the panel and get the power back on. I would recommend this hotel for those who know they get what they pay for but not the faint-hearted. Especially the part where the two lights over the beds had a broken switch and didn't turn on which was alright since the outlet box was hanging about an inch out of the wall.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Gross. Gross.
- When I arrived(2hrs after check in) my room was dirty. I had to wait 20mn until the room got "cleaned".
- The bed light switches were broken off, so the couldn't turn on the lights.
- The room phone didn't work.
- The electric plug box near the bed was hanging out of the wall w/wires exposed.
- I got a non-smoking room and it reeked badly of cigarette smoke.
- Cable went dead after 11pm
- Staff was very rude to me and berated their employees in front of the customers.

I wanted to spray everything with lysol. I cancelled my reservation for the next night. I ended up going to the DAYS INN & SUITES CHERRY HILL - PHILADELPHIA for the next night. Spend the extra money and stay here instead. It'll be well worth it.