“I was not happy at this hotel.”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 27 September 2011

After trying to check into the Comfort Suites around the corner and them not willing to upgrade my room even though I have stayed in a Choice Hotels property more than 70 times this year, I chose to go elsewhere.

Well this property was close so I stopped here, I was given a good rate and decided to stay. Once I agreed to stay, then the "issues" came out...

Internet, NOT INCLUDED, business center, NOT INCLUDED, and so on... My room #218, stunk to high heaven of what I think was about 50 gallons of air freshener. I know this is more of a long term property and the people staying here forget that, but the acoustics do not understand.

If you want something neutral, something comfortable, might want to go elsewhere, but if you are going to be here for a long time.. maybe this is ok for you..

Room Tip: Print your stuff BEFORE you come here...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 August 2011

The only good thing about this "hotel" was the desk clerk who checked me in. He was very courteous.

This is the WORST place I ever stayed in . When I first arrived I noticed young people simply hanging out as if they were on a street corner. As a matter of fact, many of the hotel guests looked like marginally homeless people or welfare recipients.

The hallways and rooms are out dated. The outside looks modern but the room furniture had questionable stains. The head board had scratches.The TV remote did not work. The A/C fan was permanently on and off although I pressed the button for it to run continuously.
The stairwell was dirty and covered in human hair on a few steps.
Like someone else did on here, I started to leave and get a refund but decided to tough it out.

Now, the most annoying part was NOISE. There were noises that sound like slamming doors. The people above me must have had lots of kids because it sounded like they were stomping on the floor.

Even though I had the fan blowing(when it wanted to), TV turned up ( wouldn't go up much) AND earplugs, I was still bothered by stomping and slamming.

After I finally got to sleep I went to check out at 6am but, no....the office didn't open until 7am.

Never again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I was looking for a place on priceline.com and entered my price and this hotel came up. I think its a great deal. I was suprised at how nice it was. I had a nice kitchen with stove refrigerator microwave a reclyner DVD player. Everything was clean and very quiet, the staff was very friendly. The only negative for me was that it was a little out of the way for me personally but really worth the $33/ night I paid.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Nicely decorated, clean. Kitchen was well stocked with cutlery, dishes and accesories. Four burners, and a stove, big fridge/freezer, and microwave.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is adequate at best. The rooms/bathrooms are only cleaned once/week. Towels also are not changed, but you can take them to the desk and exchange them. The internet connection required a fee. Only two packets of coffee were allowed for the week for use in the in-room coffee maker. I would have preferred a much cleaner, more up-to-date hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I checked in at this hotel to find my room with missing trash can, soap, forks, and other items that this hotel claim to provide. The kitchen is very small with dirty pots and pans tucked in the cabinets. I asked for some items, and front desk always asked me to pick it up from the front. After a long day of travel all the way from Hawaii, I was too tired to go to the front desk a few times for each item that was missing. Then I called for the TV to be fixed or programmed because there were no channels. A staff came with a frown on his face and told me that he was supposed to be at the front desk, and it was the maintenance job to fix the TV. Well, I just cannot keep track of who and what supposed to do which job. All I wanted to be is comfortable. Later on that week, the same front desk staff were observed by me to be sleeping at the front. I even felt bad waking him up at around 730AM but I had to ask for a plunger because my toilet was stuffed up again for the third time. When I checked out, the same front desk staff did not even thank me for staying at this very inferior hotel but still greeted me once again with his trademark frown. Please do not believe the word Deluxe. I am very well-traveled, and this is one of the worst hotel/motel I have stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2008

...because you're about to get BURNED. They claim to have "kitchens" but they dont have dishwashers, dishwashing liquid, sponges, paper towels, or much utensils at all. If you want that cheap shampoo that is included at no extra cost at virtually every hotel known to man you better take it down to the vending machines and pay for it, watching all along as it is slowly corkscrewed out of the slot next to the Nestle Crunch bar. While I was paying for my shampoo-rape I noticed the guy who was doing his laundry cursing the dryer for "not drying worth a G.D."

They only clean your room ONCE a week. And they do a downright despicable job if it. My shower curtain reeks of moldy urine. I never saw the breakfast or coffee the entire time I was there. You won't either if you leave any earlier than 7am, which I guess is not yet breakfast time in Mount Laurel?

I'll never stay at an extended stay suites as long as I live. I would have walked out on the first day like the other reviewer but my company was paying for it and it was only for a week. If you find yourself similarly imprisoned I would suggest several double absolut straights at the chili's nextdoor before even considering going back night after night, less than half drunk.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Travellers also viewed these Mount Laurel hotels
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Wyndham Philadelphia - Mount Laurel
Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place

Address: 500 Diemer Dr, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-3945
Region: United States > New Jersey > Mount Laurel
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Price Range: £58 - £82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mount Laurel Extended Stay