I booked for a three night stay at this property using Hotwire. I took note of the mediocre Tripadvisor reviews with some chagrin, but looked forward to the business center, complimentary breakfast and convenient location.
On arrival at the nominal 2 1/2 star Extended Stay Deluxe Mount Laurel, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and was handed directions to the Extended Stay America in Cherry Hill. There was no warning or email in advance. Fortunately, I was driving a car on this visit and was not relying on the nearby Mount Laurel bus station or a taxi.
On arrival at the nominal 2 star Extended Stay America in Cherry Hill, I found no business center, no complimentary breakfast, and a four mile extra drive (roundtrip) to my local destination. The room at the Extended Stay Cherry Hill had some problems.
Bad news: There was a faintly sour smell in the bathroom. The desk light and twin lights by the bed did not appear to be working. I raised this with the front desk, noting that it was too dark to use the desk or to read in the bed without lights. The front desk warned that maintenance personnel were not on duty, but offered to send up housekeeping to check out the lights. The lights were not fixed during my three day stay.
Good news: The bedding, towels, kitchen utensils and dishes, and bath were reasonably clean. The carpet was pretty new. The room may have been partially renovated recently. The room was equipped with microwave, fridge, ironing board and iron, tube TV, pots and pans, dishes, desk chair, desk, easy chair and table. Free internet worked. Front desk staff members were good, handing out fresh towels and taking care of business with good cheer and reasonable efficiency.
Hints on Use: If you decide to book at Extended Stay, then bring your own……
(1) Tea and extra coffee -- Only one sachet of coffee is provided and it is not replaced.
(2) Shampoo and conditioner -- No toiletries apart from low quality soap bars provided.
(3) Plastic baggie for handling the TV remote – Don’t ask why. . .
This was not a satisfactory experience. I do not know if the overbooking was the fault of Hotwire or Extended Stay. I do know that this was a prepay. Had I tried to cancel my reservation, before or after reassignment, I would have received no refund. Some organization accepted a non-refundable payment for a room, sold that room to someone else and then substituted a property at a lower star level that lacked services that I valued.
My one star rating is based on the assumption that Extended Stay management bears some responsibility for selling a room twice and for understaffing maintenance.
As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.
Had there not been an overbooking, I would have rated the Cherry Hill property with two stars.
Had there not been an overbooking and if the lights were working, I would have rated the Cherry Hill property with three stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Pacilli Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Laurel Extended Stay