“Unpleasant”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This did not feel like a typical travelers' hotel. It seemed more like a raunchy/party/transient hotel. The hotel guests were loud at all hours of the day and night...in the lobby, in the hallways, in the parking lot...shrieking women and hollering men. Who were these people, and why are they so active at 2am?? I booked a standard king room. According to the website, there should have been a fridge and microwave. Alas, no fridge or microwave in my room. It looked like there may have been a fridge at some point, but now it is just an empty hole. (I wouldn't be surprised if a previous guest simply walked away with it, and the management never replaced it.) The bigger shock was that there was no alarm clock. What hotel room doesn't include a clock??? The "blackout curtains" didn't cover the window, so the morning sun came right in. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Todd R, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi Ann,

I would like to apologize for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us. We normally dont have these type of issues at our hotel. We cater to a lot of families and business travelers. We just went through renovations and some of our rooms are missing fridgerators and microwaves, which are on back order. Even though you have had issues during your stay we hope you will stay with us again in the future and have a problem free stay.

Ekaterina Streltsova
Assistant General Manager
Ekaterina.Streltsova@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel earlier this week. The check-in process was smooth as was check-out. The room was updated and clean. A few dirty spots in the bathroom, but overall the experience was great. Breakfast had the normal options for a Fairfield brand and was good. The breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are happy to hear that our recent renovation met or exceeded your expectations. We share all comments with the entire staff and they appreciate that their efforts are recognized. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

It's clean, a very groovy renovation has just happened. It's right off I295N and 73, in a safe neighborhood. Beds are comfy, AC is refreshing, has free breakfast and free parking, the front desk young woman was so helpful and accommodating, which we all know can be a rarity. Did I mention it's clean?? We grabbed a coupon at a rest stop and got an incredible price for walk-ins. The ice machines are even at an angle, just so cool!

Room Tip: Second floor even right beyond the elevator is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi Elle,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your kind comments and we hope that you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Enjoy the rest of your Summer.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Great staff! Wonderful accommodations! Everyone went out of their way to ensure that my family had a great weekend... From check in to check out and complementary breakfast we had great customer service! The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Hats off to Denise Tropiano!!!

Stayed: July 2014

Hi Revc,

We all loved having your family here with us. You all are a great group. It was our pleasure being your hosts for your family reunion.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I have also passed along your compliments to Denise, our Director of Sales. She is the best and appreciates your kind words.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was a little bit worried at first when I saw the ratings for Fairfield Inn, but I took the chance because of some good ratings recently and it did not disappoint me.The hotel was recently renovated. Very clean room, comfy beds and friendly staff. The breakfast was also great. My kids love the cookies at the lobby. The bus stop to New York is right next to the hotel. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi Drenian23,

We are thrilled to know that the service that you received matched the quality of our recent renovation. Thanks for giving us a chance despite the reviews from last year which pre-dated our extensive renovation of the entire hotel.
We dont do cookies every night, we sometimes do popcorn, so feel free to email me and let me know when you are returning so that we can have the cookies ready for you guys again.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Conveniently located off I-295. Pleasant front desk at check in and check out. Comfortable beds. Clean room. Loved that the sink and vanity area was outside the shower room, which was big. The hair dryer was in a bag and therefore had more power than the wall unit type. Flat screen tv. Mirror in room. Great desk area with multi level space. Lamps had outlets in their bases, which was much appreciated. Breakfast was hot and had variety. The room was big. The only complaint was the lady in charge seemed very ready to get people out. She actually told two business men, who were finished with their meal and conducting business, that it was time for them to go. Then she had her assistant begin vaccuming while my daughter and I were eating. There was still 15 minutes left for breakfast time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi StarfishandSeashells,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to post your opinion of our newly renovated hotel and our staff. I share all of the comments with the staff several times a week. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here same time last year and was not very happy with the facility.... This year, much different story. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The rooms were much better from what I remember.....I believe they were recently remodeled.... Very clean and very comfortable. Rooms were a tad small.... We had two beds... Doubles when the norm is queens... But that is OK. Overall very nice and affordable.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Marc,

Thanks for coming back to see us and for taking the time to comment on your stay. We just finished our guest room renovations a month ago. I share all reviews and comments with our staff several times a week in our meetings. Its great knowing that their efforts are appreciated.
Thanks again.