“I miss the parma pie”

Dining options: Reservations
Hudson, NH
“I miss the parma pie”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We moved away from Mullica Hill in 2009 and stopped at Toscana while driving back home from Washington, D.C. this summer. Ordered our favorite, the parma pie. Just as it was three years ago. Crispy crust, nice cheese and seasonings and chicken parm on top. Only complaint is that it could use a bit more chicken parm on top-one piece per slice is not enough.

Visited August 2012

Mullica Hill, New Jersey, United States
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was not impressed. I think it's pricey for a strip mall restaurant. The temperature inside is never right.. It's either too hot or too cold. The menu selection isn't very good.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Kathy H
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
“Wish I had brought a bottle of wine.”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Outstanding Pizza right out of the brick oven. Friendly wait staff. Next time I will try the mussels.

Visited January 2013
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I love this place so much it is amazing everything is great! I never it terid of it I go here once a week . Basically it's awsome

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Incredibly good wood fired pizza.”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Being someone who is always looking for a great tomato pie, good service and atmosphere, I avoid chain restaurants. Well, stop the bus! Toscana is the exception to the rule. They have the most incredible wood fired oven pizza that I have ever had.
I had eaten there before and have had some excellent pies but last night I was introduced to "Nonna's Special". It came on a huge wooden spatchula, and sat on two cast iron racks, in the center of the table. We ordered the 1/2 meter size. After salad and shrimp, a few glasses of BYOB wine, dinner arrived. The sweet aroma of the pomodoro tomatoes and cheeses told you that this was going to be an excellent choice.
The crust is thin and crisp with just the right amount of char to give it that wood fired flavor. The tomato sauce is purley pomodoro, and the ricotta brought out the full flavor of the pie. They top the pie with sliced meatballs, fennel sausages, pepperoni and mushrooms. Fresh basil goes on just before serving it and it all comes together to make one of the best tomato pies that I have had. There was plenty to go around, but nothing remained of Nonna's Special at our table.
The service is excellent, the atmosphere is perfect for a quiet dinner or for a family with children. Our server was very attentive, opened our wine, brought us an ice bucket, checked with us often and could not have been more proficient.
I will be there many more times and try other selections from their menu, but for a serious tomato pie lover, this place is right up there with my favorites in Trenton.

• Visited December 2012