“Fair food, subpar service, BYOFS Bring Your Own Fly Swatter”
Review of Toscana Brick Oven Pizzeria - CLOSED

Toscana Brick Oven Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have visited this restaurant many times since it opened. There aren't many restaurants in Mullica Hill so I'm always hoping that this place would get better. The menu is stale... same stuff for years. The specials are always the same, they should just add them to the menu. Waiters are either over talkative or very slow. We dined this past Friday and sitting the window, there were so many flies I thought we were sitting outside next to a trash can. This is disgusting! I understand some flies can get it, but there were 5 or 6 hovering around our table... so I can only image how many were in the entire restaurant. This place needs to be revamped. New menu, improve service, clean it up and then I will return.

1  Thank SurfAngler

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Decided to try this place for lunch while in the area...the ambiance is very lovely and we were prepared to have a yummy, comforting lunch. Unfortunately, the poor service started out the experience that ended with mediocre food. The hostess looked like a wreck...literally, she was crying. I realize that this is probably a stand-alone incident, but I felt it warrented a mention considering we were about to dine in the establishment. The lone server seemed overwhelmed by a large party, I'm guessing unexpected. This left us and the few other diners waiting too long for service. So, the hostess pulled it together and got us some drinks, forgetting to leave the proper amount of silverware on the table. (*big pet peeve!) So, I got it myself. The menu looked so appetizing...again, we really wanted to enjoy this place. However, the grilled eggplant wrap tasted like I was eating the grit right off the grill! It was very unappealing! The spicy burger was spicy and the meat was cooked to order, however the lettuce on the burger was the unedible end of the lettuce (*bigger pet peeve!!!) My little nephew did not like his pizza, but said the "mozzerella fritta" was "good". This is also known as frozen mozzerella sticks dropped into the fryer! Sadly, we won't be returning!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

No fan of the Toscana Pizza, but meals have been okay,nothing to rave about. Not much in this area with as nice of a setting to take guests and you do get plenty for the price.

1  Thank NJnatives
Reviewed 24 February 2013

BEWARE! The meter long pizza shown on their menu is only 22 inches long as opposed to a true meter which is 39 inches long. Where is the remaining 17 inches? You definitely do not get what you pay for here. When I raised this issue, the hostess just lifted her shoulders like, so what.

3  Thank whattimestheflight
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We moved away from Mullica Hill in 2009 and stopped at Toscana while driving back home from Washington, D.C. this summer. Ordered our favorite, the parma pie. Just as it was three years ago. Crispy crust, nice cheese and seasonings and chicken parm on top. Only complaint is that it could use a bit more chicken parm on top-one piece per slice is not enough.