“Cheap close to Beach”

“Cheap close to Beach”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Well you get for what you paid.. 4 min in car to Ocean Grove/ Asbury Park
Free breakfast was OK and served until 10am
Pool was clean good size for kids plenty of seats.
Bathroom renovated good size
Bed comfortable.

:( hallways uglies and stinky..
Too loud

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Limarie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is by far the most sketchiest motel I have ever seen or been to. The rooms look like they've never been clean!!! I am not a picky person when it comes to sleeping in a room especially if its only for one night. I wanted to leave the second I stepped in there! My boyfriend and I had a "non smoking" room and let me tell you I got a headache the first minute I stepped through the door. Also nothing like having a strip joint at the motel entrance. STAY AWAY from this place!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Nl1234

Travellers are raving about these Neptune hotels

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I am a water restoration and mold remediation tech. I stayed here during the clean up for sandy. It was good because it was the only motel I could find at first glance it seemed like a very nice place to stay until I walked into the room and the mold smell smacked me in the face I know it when I smell it and know what it looks like there is about 4 or 5 different places where there is mold in the bathroom and you can tell that all they do to try and get rid of it is wipe it down which obviously is not doing the trick.its in room 129 FYI but it was the only room available and I deal with it every day so I just ignored it . But on the 2nd morning when I was leave to go to work I tried to have my boss pay with a cc over the phone they said they need a formed filled out and faxed back but my boss did not have access to one so I asked the lady if she could do it by email she says yes but here boss is the only one who can do that and was not in but she can leave a message with him I asked her if I should pay in cash she said no I will take care of it. I then asked can I leave my stuff in the room or should I take it with me she said no its fine. So about 6 pm comes around and I get a text from my boss saying I did not receive the email so called them up and asked what happend th guys reply was you checked out I said what do you mean I checked out y would I leave my stuff there and keep the key if I did his reply checkout was @ 11 and he has my stuff @ the front office so said wait a min and fully explained what happend he put me on hold for 15 min then told me we are all booked so I went to pick up my things and it all looked like it was there but later when I checked my things I had two pair of underwear I know was in the bag that where missing so yes they stole my underwear. Not to mention because of the storm there wer no rooms available any where for weeks and I have had to sleep in my truck for three days because they couldn't do there job.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Regulater50
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We attended a wedding in a nearby Spring Lake Heights. The other “budget” hotels in the area were priced higher than the wonderful Radisson in Oslo, Norway, which we booked through hotels.com some 6 weeks prior. They looked very poorly on the photos, so Crystal Inn seemed like a good deal. The office welcomes you with a very strong stink of powerful air fresheners that attempt to conceal some other odors. We settled for a smoking room, as others were not available. It did not make much difference as the whole hotels smells of nicotine and dirt. The room was sprayed by some different flavor air -freshener that tried to kill other undesirable smells. Switch plates that one time were ivory-colored turned brown from dirt. I washed my hands every time I touched the doors or other items in the room. My daughter-in-law got trapped in the bathroom till we forced-opened the crooked door. It was the most expensive hotel, since we started our trip from Tampa Bay, Florida and had a value of 20% of the previous places, which we also booked through hotels.com. We cannot see how someone could rate it at 5. It sure beats the third-world slum hotels as it had shower heads, warm water and toilet seats. By those standards it was a five.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MICHAELTAMPABAY
Hamilton
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Okay let me start out by saying im no 5 star hotel monger... I have stayed in some run of the mill holiday inn sort of places several times, but the Crystal Inn was probably the worst for cleanliness. When my boyfriend and I entered the lobby there was a young girl sitting at the front desk reading a magazine. When she realized finally we were there to check in she peeked over the counter with the most harsh stare possible as if WE were ruining her reading time. Her attitude was awful and converstation consisted of a couple "Mhhmm's" and "Nope's." (not very friendly or conversational to say the least) I called ahead and booked a non smoking room (me being a smoker I don't like to smoke inside nor do I like the smell on my bedding and such) and when we entered the room it reaked of stale cigarette smoke, almost as if the cleaning staff was smoking while they made the beds and cleaned the bathroom. We had to laugh because when we washed our hands after putting down all of our bags even the soap smelled of cigarette smoke, but I wasn't going to go back downstairs and complain to the 'ever so lovely' girl at the front desk so we just opened the sliding door and sprayed some perfume. Moving on... We checked the bedding for bed bugs and sorts and the good news was no creepy crawlies BUT to my demise the pillow cases were stained something horrible. I just threw the pillows on the floor and thankfully brought my own to sleep with. We sat down on the couch to relax and watch TV while using the provided table to sit and eat I lunged from my seat only to realize my butt was soaked. Yes I said soaked and for a split second I wanted to burst into tears thinking the worst, but thankfully it was only water (god I still hope I was right) on the couch cushion. There is a pool there so we came to the conclusion someone must have come back from the pool and took a seat with a wet bathing suit. Then again why wasn't the cleaning staff checking that sort of thing? Needless to say my apetite was ruined and I decided to jump in the shower to which I could hear just about everything that was being said in the next room. If you want some privacy this probably isn't the place for you, besides the loud drunks at night which I can deal with you can hear everyones converstation. Anyway... Im not an easily skeeved out person but this did it for me. Opt for something nicer, even if you do have to pay a few extra bucks it will be worth not feeling like your going home with fleas and roaches and a wet butt.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NikkiFreakinO
Michigan
Reviewed 19 October 2008

I've been coming here for over a year, an have stayed all times of the year. I've never had a place that continiously goes out of their way to ensure confort and satisifaction. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Off all the places I stay at, I look forward to going to Crystal Inn in Neptune. The price is very good, and the bed is comfortable. The rooms are always clean, and fully stocked with all the aminities needed. I hope whoever stays there has the enjoyment I always get when I am there.

• Liked — The balcony on 2nd floor and comfort
  • Disliked — no problems to put hree.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CallMeMurphy
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2008

The staff were friendly, however i didnt want to prolong the conversation as the lobby/reception area smelled like something had died in it... The room i must say was huge... and there was a balcony (standard with every room) which was nice. I had the king size suite that came with a couch that pulled out. The bathroom (to me) was disgusting... The sink had a wad of gum clogging it and the water would slowly drain... the towels were discolored, and there were stains and cigarette burns in the sheets... not to mention the sheets were marked (in a sharpe pen) "crystal inn"... as if anyone would want to take home THOSE sheets.... Close to american bank, grocery store, liquor store, Ihop (another terrible experience) perkins, applebees and shopping plazas and outlets

• Liked — The room size close to large shopping area
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank the_traveless
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
The Asbury Hotel
The Asbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Asbury Park

Been to Crystal Inn? Share your experiences!