Crystal Inn
Holiday Inn Express Neptune(Neptune)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Free Internet
Empress Hotel(Asbury Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at Crystal Inn Neptune while visiting some friends at the shore. The proximity to the beach couldn't be better. The room was clean, linens fresh. The front desk person was extremely helpful. He even helped me bring my luggage to the room. No complaints here especially due to the affordable rates.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Romesh A
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at this motel last week because I was having family problems and needed a safe place to stay. When I booked the room, I was given the price for a single, and when I got there, the incompetent person at the front desk told me to wait until he had a chance to count his drawer and "get himself in the door" because his shift just started. So i walked to the back of the lobby and waited. During that time another customer walked in and asked him for the single room that i had just asked for and he gave the room to them. Forcing me to pay an additional 50 dollars for a double room that I didnt need. I was in a bind and had to take the room. The next morning I was woken up by housekeeping banging on the door. and after I was not able to answer fast enough they began to enter the room. Within 15 minutes of that incident I spoke to the general manager and explained that the housekeeping staff does not pay attention to the "Do Not Disturb" signs on the doors as most of them are broken. I also explained how the door to my room was broken and would not close unless you lifted the handle and forced the door closed. They made a very half hearted attempt to fix the door but were unsuccessful. I have no confidence that the housekeeping staff did not enter the room when i was not present. Also on two separate occasions I came to the hotel to see that the "secure" entry door in the back of the building, was wedged open with a washcloth. The second time this occured there were 5 police cars in the parking lot of the hotel. I went to the front desk to explain that I would be checking out (at 2 A.M.) explaining that i felt unsafe in the hotel due to these issues and that I respectfully requested a refund for the one remaining day that I had paid for and the staff refused. I had also explained to the GM how the single room was sold out from under me and he said that he would look into it and get back to me, and I haven't yet heard back from him about that situation. I was finally able to speak to the GM about the safety concerns I raised and again asked for a refund of the ONE night i did not stay in the hotel, he again refused. When I began to explain to the general manager that quoting a "CASH" rate was illegal and told him that I would be reporting him to the IRS he called the police. I noticed on my check out receipt that they had fudged the numbers to make it look as though they charged tax. However when I checked In I was told what the cash rate was and what the 'other' rate as he would have to charge me tax if I used a credit card. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL it is unsafe and the staff is unconcerned with the well being or safety of their clients. I also called several times trying to find out the owner of this hotel, and they refused to give me any information so I could file a formal complaint. I gave them 1 star only becuase there is no option to give a zero.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jason F
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Well you get for what you paid.. 4 min in car to Ocean Grove/ Asbury Park
Free breakfast was OK and served until 10am
Pool was clean good size for kids plenty of seats.
Bathroom renovated good size
Bed comfortable.

:( hallways uglies and stinky..
Too loud

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Limarie B
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is by far the most sketchiest motel I have ever seen or been to. The rooms look like they've never been clean!!! I am not a picky person when it comes to sleeping in a room especially if its only for one night. I wanted to leave the second I stepped in there! My boyfriend and I had a "non smoking" room and let me tell you I got a headache the first minute I stepped through the door. Also nothing like having a strip joint at the motel entrance. STAY AWAY from this place!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Nl1234
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I am a water restoration and mold remediation tech. I stayed here during the clean up for sandy. It was good because it was the only motel I could find at first glance it seemed like a very nice place to stay until I walked into the room and the mold smell smacked me in the face I know it when I smell it and know what it looks like there is about 4 or 5 different places where there is mold in the bathroom and you can tell that all they do to try and get rid of it is wipe it down which obviously is not doing the trick.its in room 129 FYI but it was the only room available and I deal with it every day so I just ignored it . But on the 2nd morning when I was leave to go to work I tried to have my boss pay with a cc over the phone they said they need a formed filled out and faxed back but my boss did not have access to one so I asked the lady if she could do it by email she says yes but here boss is the only one who can do that and was not in but she can leave a message with him I asked her if I should pay in cash she said no I will take care of it. I then asked can I leave my stuff in the room or should I take it with me she said no its fine. So about 6 pm comes around and I get a text from my boss saying I did not receive the email so called them up and asked what happend th guys reply was you checked out I said what do you mean I checked out y would I leave my stuff there and keep the key if I did his reply checkout was @ 11 and he has my stuff @ the front office so said wait a min and fully explained what happend he put me on hold for 15 min then told me we are all booked so I went to pick up my things and it all looked like it was there but later when I checked my things I had two pair of underwear I know was in the bag that where missing so yes they stole my underwear. Not to mention because of the storm there wer no rooms available any where for weeks and I have had to sleep in my truck for three days because they couldn't do there job.

• Stayed: November 2012