“One of the best!”

Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is one of the best HIEX i have ever stayed in. 5 star! The cleanest, the friendliest, the most helpful, what else is there to say! Tiara, Susana, Troy & Kevin are 5 star professionals! Perfect staff for perfect management. The breakfast manager is super as well, charming, pleasant, and constantly refreshing the food and keeping the dining room clean and spotless. And he makes the best and hottest coffee! travel a lot and I wish there were more HIEX like this! My stay is/was perfect. Thank you HIEX Neptune!
Billy K

Room Tip: Any top floor room.
1 Thank Billy K
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Billy K,

Wow - thank you! We are absolutely thrilled that you had an outstanding stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune! It is great to hear that you loved everything from our exceptional accommodations to our amazing staff. Your review will be shared with everyone, as I am sure it will put a big smile on their faces. We greatly appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location. Central location between Six Flags and Jersey shore. I have always had great service and the staff is always accommodating. I travel for work and it is rare that I find a hotel that is constantly of high quality no matter what time of year it is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Bryan C,

Thank you for the amazing review! We are thrilled you had an excellent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Neptune, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Monticello, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I travelled to Neptune for business, and stayed over at the Holiday Inn for three nights. During this time, I had asked for them twice to salt the walkway, as it was very slippery. Nothing was done!
The worst part was that when my Credit card bill arrived, I found that they had tacked on a $160 charge for smoking!
I have never smoked! I was sure that they were mistaken. I called and spoke to the staff, even after I sent letters from 3 friends (and a Doctor) that I never smoke, they did not rescind. I am appalled! Imagine if you need to bring witnesses that you do not smoke in order to prove your innocence! I seem to remember there was an ionizer in the room when I arrived. I arrived very late, and had to get up a short few hours later. I definitely was not interested in complaining then.
What was amazing was that I slept there the next night, in a different room, yet they did not tell me about this complaint. They merely tacked it on my bill.
I have denied charges with my credit card. We are in middle of a back and forth writing letters and arguing. Yet it does waste a lot of time fighting this charge for no reason
I am a frequent traveler with Holiday Inn, Hampton inn. Marriott and others. I have never received a bill like this! I was never treated less than courteous in any of these hotels. I have never been suspected of lying! I am appalled!
We did have a few issues with billing with the management. I read some of your other reviews, it seems that they have a serious management issue!
I have very little confidence in them solving this satisfactorily.
In the meantime, I have found a nice HONEST hotel nearby.
thanks

Room Tip: Pay cash and check out your room first!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ben c
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear ben c,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune. We have addressed your review with with management and the staff, and we would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel, and we take that very seriously. Upon your departure of the hotel, housekeeping notified management of a heavy smoke odor in your room. In order to remove the odor, we needed to remove all the linens, clean the walls, and put an ionizer in the room which took several hours. There was no issue of smoke before your arrival, so there was no ionizer in your room before you arrived. We followed our smoking policy noted on the registration card which states that any unauthorized pets or smoking will result in a $150 fee. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay, and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Sincerely, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I'm surprised by the negative experiences of other travelers and their recent reviews and feel badly for them. My experience, however, was much better. I booked a double queen room for business travel. It was large, well appointed and very, very clean. The only thing it lacked was a hair dryer and, upon calling the front desk, one was courteously delivered to my door within 5 minutes. I found the service to be very prompt and friendly. There was an adequate selection of breakfast items. The hot food was hot, the cold food cold, the caffeine plentiful, and the dining area was clean. My only complaint lies in the design of the rooms. There is a heavy bathroom door that automatically closes behind you, with no way to prop it open. The bathroom fan automatically comes on (loudly) with the light, so now you are in a closed room with a very noisy fan. Propping the door open with the in-room coffer maker as a door stop did the trick. Based on my experience I would return and am likely to as business will bring me back to this area.

Room Tip: The hotel sits along Rt 66, so if you want a quieter room ask for one facing the back. With that sai...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Tracey B,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune and enjoyed your accommodations and the amenities we offer. We appreciate your feedback about the bathroom door and ceiling fan. We will take your comments into consideration as we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay!

Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'll admit this review is a little late, but I was trying to give the hotel manager a chance to respond to my calls, emails, and survey about my stay...still nothing since my stay in February! I have stayed at this hotel once before with NO problems (and even gave a positive review here...), but my last stay may truly be my last at Holiday Inn Express Neptune. It's a shame because I travel there often for work, too....

The hotel room itself was fine; however, the customer service was appalling. Upon checking out, I asked the woman at the front desk for a copy of my receipt that shows the last 4 digit of my credit card, as this is required from my company in order to submit expense reports. The receipt that was left outside of my room (why was it outside and not under my door?) does not include it, so I always ask the front desk to print a new one with this information. The woman at the front desk gave me attitude, telling me I already had my receipt and that it wasn't possible for her to print a new one with this information. When I told her I had stayed at the hotel a few months prior and was able to get one, she gave me a business card for her manager and told me to call her! The real kicker: my two colleagues were waiting for me in the lobby, and apparently had gotten attitude from the woman at the front desk as well. One colleague who was new to business travel didn't notice her receipt outside of her room, and asked the woman at the front desk for a receipt. She replied, "You already got one. You didn't see it outside of your room?" The new one she eventually printed for her had the last 4 digits of her credit card on it...go figure.

Now to add injury to insult (literally), let me also mention that the parking lot had also been paved in odd areas from snow 2 days ago that didn't make sense, and ironically, the area outside of the entrance was not paved at all! So upon leaving for our meeting the next morning, my colleague slipped and fell on the ice, which also tore some seams on her skirt.

I could overlook all of this as a one-off bad experience, except that when I called the manager the next day about my receipt, (she was out on maternity leave), I spoke with another woman who was unhelpful, too. I asked that she email me a receipt, and after waiting two hours to receive it, I called back. She said she was sending it, and I verified with her that she had the correct email. I never received it...and I checked my junk and spam folders to be sure.

Finally, I received and completed an automated survey that was emailed to me about my stay there. You can guess how that went...I explained the same situation, and asked that someone contact me about my stay. One of the questions in the survey explicitly asks you if you would like someone to contact you, and I still never heard a word! No email, no phone call, nothing.

Will not be staying here again if I can avoid it. Totally unacceptable service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rsierra101
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Rsierra101,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your last stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Neptune. We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, but we are disappointed your stay was not as exceptional as your previous visits. We have spoken to management and would like to address your review. We understand that you spoke with the general manager regarding your receipt, and she explains that she did send it to you via email. We have spoken with the all the front desk representatives about the importance of exceptional customer service. We value all of our guests, and this behavior is unacceptable at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Neptune. The general manager also mentioned she recalls your conversation about the parking lot. We sincerely apologize that your friend slipped. During winter months, the property plows and salts the entire parking lot, but sometimes we aren't able to get in between cars. We do our best to keep the parking lot in the best condition for the safety of our guests. Again, we sincerely apologize that this was your experience. This is not typical of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune, and we hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed this past weekend with a group of about 130 people for a regional competition at Monmouth University. Most of these people were between the ages of 11 and 22.

My roommate dropped something under the arm chair in the corner of our room....reached down to pick it up....saw something else under the chair.....pulled it out. IT WAS A SEX TOY. How disgusting - we were horrified. We brought pictures to the front desk because we didn't want to touch it. NOTHING WAS DONE. They laughed and mentioned that the maids needed to clean the rooms better.

My daughter had a room with 3 other people up on the 3rd floor. Apparently there was a woman knocking on their doors telling them to "rise with the sun" at 4am, 4:30am, and 5am, and she also had harassed them several times over the weekend (also harassed more of our children too) - we were told that if it happened again to call 911. The hotel did NOTHING about it.

One of the kids also mentioned that there was dried blood on his sheets, and another said it took her almost two hours to get a towel so that she could shower.

Breakfast food = gross. Garbage cans overflowing onto the FLOOR.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LNP1975
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear LNP1975,

Thank you for your feedback. We have discussed your review with all the staff and management that was on duty during your stay, and we would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. Firstly, we understand that there was a misunderstanding at check-in with your credit card authorization. When management tried to resolve the issue with you the following day, it seems you were not very cooperative or understanding of our policies. In regards to the item that you found under the chair, it is our understanding that a staff member came to your room to retrieve the item, and you refused to hand it over. We would have been more than happy to retrieve the item so we could show management and take the appropriate steps necessary to resolve the issue. We also understand that the guest you mentioned was asking your group to quiet down at very early morning hours because of loud disruptions. We also do not have any notes in our system regarding blood on sheets or towels. We do our best to provide exceptional service and accommodations to all our guests as you can see from our other TripAdvisor reviews. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, but we wish you the best in your future travels.

Corning, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

In July of 2012 my husband, niece, and I stayed here and it was great. What a difference this past Friday when my husband and I stayed. The bed was hard and uncomfortable, that along with the constant hallway noise of people talking and doors slamming ALL night made for a sleepless night. The next morning breakfast was awful. The room was filthy with food on the floor, dirty tables, and overflowing garbage receptacles. There was no staff to be seen. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cfcz
Jenny F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear cfcz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune. We apologize that your most recent stay is not what you had experienced in the past. We addressed your review with management, and we understand that the property was very busy that weekend. Management has spoken with the breakfast staff as this is unacceptable and not typical of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune. Again, we sincerely apologize that this was your experience, and we hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Neptune
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
Red Roof Inn Neptune
#3 of 6 in Neptune
Residence Inn Neptune at Gateway Centre
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Neptune? Share your experiences!