“Pleasantly Surprised”

Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend was visiting the East Coast for the first time from Ohio. He had never been to NY/NJ so I wanted to show him everything we had to offer, including the Jersey shore. I booked this Hampton property with the hopes that my experience would be better here than the one I stayed in Boston, MA. Fortunately, I got exactly what I wanted. The hotel staff was very friendly. This hotel seems like it's brand new. When you walk in there is fresh coffee and tea. A complimentary breakfast is included in the mornings.

The room seemed very clean. Obviously, I don't bring a black light with me to every hotel I stay in, but the sheets and comforter were clean, the bathroom was cleaned, and best of all, this Hampton is a non-smoking facility and it smelled fresh. I am a very difficult person to impress and I am very particular about things, so the fact that I am writing this review tells you I wanted to return the favor to this property for a great night stay. I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Higher floor worked for me, floor 6
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank njplaya1989

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is a newer hotel with a mold problem waiting to happen. The shower curtains were too short for the tub and fell out, water flooding the bathroom floor every time we showered. I noticed that another reviewer said that his bathroom had a leak. This is only the beginning.

The whole place smells like the dump (which is literally next door). Maybe that explains why the housekeeping manager walks around with a backpack of industrial-sized febreze, spraying the crap out of the hallways and rooms, to the point that you can't breathe, doubled over and asphyxiated. Don't stay here if you have asthma. And don't read the MSDS sheet on febreze (ignorance is bliss).

The AC in our room smelled like a moldy washing machine and febreze (surprise!). I got sick whenever it came on. And you can't open a window (but maybe that's a good thing, with the dump next door).

The staff is mixed. I loved Shelley and the night staff, Debra and Richard. Dominique and the other female manager (I forget her name) were rude, abrupt, and not very helpful or flexible in accommodating our situation. Housekeeping was ok but the gentleman who manages housekeeping was also rather abrupt.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Bart P
Dominique E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hampton Inn Neptune! I am pleased to let you know that last year we began installing new, longer shower curtains. We are very excited about the change and know that our guests definitely benefit from it. We apologize for the odor you encountered during your stay, especially with our employees spraying the hotel,and we’re taking steps to make sure it won’t happen again, including proper training of our chemicals.
We know that travel can be stressful, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you’ll stay with us again in the future. I will make sure I pass on your kudos to Shelly and Debra!

We love having you here!

Dominique Ervin

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We traveled in for the night for a friend's wedding. It was a 6 hour drive and the comfy beds were appreciated. The decor in the entire hotel was really nice and modern. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool with included toys was great for the family too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a delightful two-night stay thinking that this would just be a suitable place to lay our heads. It turned out to be most lovely--helpful staff, good breakfast, comfy and quiet rooms that were very nicely appointed, great shower. What more could we have asked for?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Check in and check out were a breeze. Friendly staff. Rooms were clean ( they clean the duvet cover on top of the bed after every stay as well as the sheets! ) and the beds comfortable. They provide toiletries ( shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion ) as well as having a coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge, iron, and hairdryer right in the room. Wifi worked great. We arrived on Friday and stayed till Sunday and they cleaned the room for us while we were gone on Sat. ( which was a nice surprise, I wasn't expecting that ). We didn't use the pool or the workout room, but they looked nice. AC worked well. Water pressure in the shower was good. The continental breakfast was pretty good ( self serve, though there are people there to help you if you wanted something special or needed help ). Typical breakfast ( make your own waffles, toast, bagels, etc., already made omelets and homefries, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juices, coffee & tea, etc. ). The only negative thing I can say about the whole stay was that the coffee was really awful ( no matter how much cream and sugar you add, you're choking down the first half and throwing the rest away, it's that bad ). Location was good, close to major routes, with beaches, restaurants and shopping outlets not too far away. We stayed there because we were going to Raceway Park, which was about a half hr or so away. I would recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again myself.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room ( there was a wedding party staying there at the time ) and they gave us a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I love Hampton Inns and this one was no exception to being a great Hotel....The staff was extremely helpful including directions to local restaurants but most important directions to navigate the many circles, one ways and round abouts on NJ road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had an awesome stay at this Hampton. Perfect location, across the street from outlet mall, 2 minutes from Walmart and Walgreens, about 10 minutes from the beaches, and right on the Garden State Pkwy. It's a new hotel so its super clean, comfy beds, lots of channels, free wifi. Complimentary breakfast was great although maybe the only complaint I would have is that on weekends there's not enough tables in the breakfast room. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
1 mi away
Courtyard Wall at Monmouth Shores Corporate Park
Hewitt Wellington
Hewitt Wellington
#1 of 7 in Spring Lake

Been to Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall? Share your experiences!