“Nasty stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Neptune
rye creek
“Nasty stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Everything was dirty,room, grounds and pool area.The smell was awful mildew mixed with curry.There was a spot on floor covered by carpet but you steped in a hole and boards feld boxsprings in place.No screens on windows so you could open them also cobwebs inside the windows.Said free wifi but didnot work.Also the air conditioner didnot work room was very humid and hot.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hotelloveryecreek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I had an absolute great time during my stay at the Inn. The manager was very welcoming, and the hotel room itself was very clean, warm and was equipped with all the essentials.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Place is a welfare hotel. Doors damaged from being kicked in. 10 people with little kids hanging out in one room with door open. We stayed in room at the end and the room smelled but of good size with a huge bathroom with lots of mold. I had to keep the curtains closed with binder clips

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank mistertom428

Travellers are raving about these Neptune hotels

pringle,pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

this was a very nice hotel everyone was very nice and helpful they kept everything nice and clean i am going back next year for a full week

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Corning, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for the professional volleyball tourney in late June '10. The manager AK really stepped up to help us out. The hotel is what it is. It is a 2-3 star hotel. We were looking for a place to stay close-ish to the beach. All the prices rates are to be expected to be near a beach. Couple of the positives. AK actually started the AC in our room before we got there to make sure it was cool when we got there as it was 85 out. We also asked the front desk numerous times about various information (i.e. directions, food places, and beach stuff). They were spot on each time. We also needed to get to the beach early and their breakfast is from 730 to 930. I asked if they could have some of it out at 7 and if you can believe it they did. Both days! Breakfast was bagels, cold cereal and juice which was what i like. The room was mediocre as to be expected. Shower was small BUT our water pressure and flow was actually amazing and felt great after a day on the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I have just stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn located in Neptune, NJ. This was by far the worst hotel that I have ever been to. First and foremost I was attacked by bed bugs. Not just one or two bugs, an entire swarm of them. I understand that this is a hotel and bedbugs are common even in the most posh of hotels, but this was ridiculous! On the topic of vermin there were mice scurrying around my room. The room was very dank and dark. The carpet was stained. The room smelled of mold and mildew. Everything was coated in a thick residue of nicotine. The bathtub had peeling paint. And the bathroom was missing tiles. This is not the first time that I have stayed at this hotel. I have stayed under its previous name of the Neptune Motor Lodge, and had the same horrible experience. I decided to give the hotel another try, thinking that there were standards adhered to and that possibly there was new ownership. I was very wrong. I was checked in by a gentleman that was wearing a ripped and stained shirt and pants. I did not think this was very professional. I go to my room, the cable is not working. I try to use the room phone and it does not work. I think I would have been better off staying at the Bates Motel! I am not one to normally complain, but due to these experiences I need to share.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Glenville, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

I didn't really have high expectations from reading the other reviews, but we just wanted an inexpensive place to stay on our way to the beach - a place with a pool if we got in early and didn't have anything to do. This place was a little scary. We were traveling with a 4 year old daughter. The 2" thick bullet proof glass in the lobby didn't give me that warm and cozy feeling. Neither did the motel room door which had obviously been kicked in several times. The place is VERY run down - I can't say it was dirty - it did look fairly clean and I didn't see any bugs - it was just hard to get past all the stains on the floor/ceiling, cracked tiles, broken door frames, etc. It was also noisy - every time the AC turned off, all we could hear was people talking and doors closing. We had to keep turning on the AC to block the other noises. And good thing we didn't want the pool - it looked gross and the liner was falling out - there was some yellow caution tape to stop people from getting close to the ripped areas. When we checked out at 8:00 am - the only sign of breakfast was a thing of cereal and some coffee - nothing else there. Good thing we had already decided there was no way we were eating there. I'd say it's a place to crash after a night of drinking at the several bars surrounding the place. Other than that, spend a little more and stay in a safer area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Infrequent_Traveler5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neptune
Red Roof Inn Neptune
Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
#4 of 6 in Asbury Park
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,051 reviews
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Neptune? Share your experiences!