“Unprofessional, rude staff and dirty rooms”

Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Unprofessional, rude staff and dirty rooms”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for my daughters dance convention which was down the street. Wasn't even in the rooms 15 min and we noticed the bed spreads had cigarette holes all in them, the mattresses were yellow, the rugs were not vacumed, furniture was not dusted, the walls had holes in them, one room the shower handle was broken off so no way to access the shower faucet, the water coming from the sink and other shower faucet was brown. When I went to tell the lady at the front desk that I wanted a refund she was very rude yelling at me and said that if she goes into our rooms and sees that we made a mess then we would have to pay. We were not even there 15 min. She called the maintenance man to go inspect our rooms and they argued about it because he didn't want to. WOW so unprofessiona. So then she said she would have to go inspect and left me and my friend in the lobby for a good 20 min. The whole time she was over in our rooms yelling at our kids to clean the mess up and kicked them and all our luggage out of the room into the cold until we went back over to the room. Mind you we made no mess in 15 min besides a emplty can of soda in the trash can. I demanded my money back an told her i would report her and never ever to yell at someone's children again. O and when I told her about the brown water coming from the faucets she said "o yea we had a bad pipe yesterday, my bad". My mouth was open forever on how she treated us. Maybe that is how she lives in her home but not us. The place was discusting and i don't know why they even are still in business under the name Howard Johnson....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dottie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lanham
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I think that the hotel should be closed down for poor services including room quality and general cleanliness in the lobby. I never tried the breakfast and other services provided because the room I slept in stinks and so I concluded nothing good was going to come out from anything served in the hotel. I later gathered from a cab driver when I was checking out that, the rooms are given out to people on hourly basis for all sorts of activities including drugs and prostitution.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Muniru S

Travellers are raving about these New Brunswick hotels

Plainview, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

DISGUSTING! I don't care how cheap this hotel is I would'nt stay here. I was with a group and they booked this on priceline.com with the chesp price you don't get to pick your hotel after you purchase it then you find out which hotel you get. We pulled up in the parking lot I knew we were in trouble. We got the key and went in the room leaving our bags in the car. We walked in said HELL NO! and right back out. Filthy, rundown and the smell was horrible . This place should be condemned.

• Stayed August 2013
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 7 in East Brunswick

Been to Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ

Property: Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ
Address: 26 Route 1 North, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick)
Region: United States > New Jersey > New Brunswick
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 New Brunswick NJ reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Inn - New Brunswick Hotel New Brunswick