“Breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Street
Description: Enjoy all-day dining at Christopher's The Heldrich’s casually sophisticated restaurant & Lounge. Serving freshly prepared specialties to delight the discriminating palate. The trendy metropolitan bar is a welcome haven for savvy cocktails, beverages & spirited conversation. The cuisine & ambiance of The Heldrich are destined to be a favorite of locals & guests alike. Check out our website and Facebook page for updated Special events and packages with the hotel!
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I expect vegetarian platter (without eggs) should be increased for breakfasts. Also the juice provided is of packed juice, that would be great if we have fresh juice option.

There are newer reviews for Christopher's Restaurant at the Heldrich

Reviewed 15 January 2014

not bad, but far from good. go to stage next door. it was so amazing! this is more of a trap for biz travelers.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have been here a few times and it is always consistent. It consists of a main restaurant and a bar across the hall. Both are serviced from the same kitchen and share the same menu. I have tried both. I actually like the tables in the room off the bar better for having a late-night light meal after the theater, mostly because of the comfortable chairs.

The flat breads (mini pizzas) are very good. The desserts are very good. The service is fine and attentive. The price is reasonable, especially for the setting in a very elegant hotel.

I am not aware of alternative places nearby for after-theater relaxing and eating. This is a good choice and you would not be disappointed, as long as you expect light fare and not an outstanding meal.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Food was good...once you got it. Took way to long just to get a salad. We got the salad with filet on it. Filet was tasty, but only four small pieces. Kitchen is slow and need to step up their time. A bit pricey for what you got.

1  Thank Donna T
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Overview: Nice ambience, OK food, medium priced, mediocre service. Christopher's Restaurant is located in the heart of downtown New Brunswick in the Heldrich hotel. It is an elegant looking restaurant and makes a great location for an intimate date or a group of friends. The elegance stops at the decor. I took my father and 2 friends there on a Friday evening and was surprised that there were only 2 other parties also dining but yet they told my friend who arrived first that they could not find our reservation. I was also disappointed that when I ordered the penna cotta dessert after a long wait, I was told they had sold the last one. Service is sub par but the food was good. I enjoyed my meal but my father thought his fish was a bit salty.