“Good Choice for Steaks”
Review of Steakhouse 85

Steakhouse 85
Reserve with OpenTable
Steakhouse 85 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Street
Transit: The restaurant is just a one minute walk from the New Brunswick stop on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor line.
Description: Steakhouse 85 is a 21st century rendition of the classic American Steakhouse. The menu at Steakhouse 85 is comprised of fresh and inspiring modern day interpretations of classic American cuisine, served alongside the traditional steakhouse classics we all know and love. The back bone of our menu is without a doubt our beef. Our mouth watering dry aged steaks are rubbed with a simple yet luscious combination of sea salt, black pepper and fresh herbs. They are seared on a 1200 degree cast iron grill and then broiled to your liking. Paired with a large classically designed bar, complete with savvy cocktails and a Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this steakhouse is sure to please.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was in the mood for a steak and Steakhouse 85 did not disappoint. My petite fillet was cooked perfectly and beautifully seasoned. The couple my husband and I dined with had eaten here many times before and recommended it to us. The manager greeted us upon arrival and seated us in a booth away from the live jazz. (fortunately, because it was very loud) Our service was spot on, attentive but not intrusive. Food, especially the steaks were excellent. The whole menu looks good but if I were to go there again, I would do the "date night" special, $99 for two.... plenty of food, decent choices and a much more economical way to go since the restaurant is a bit pricy. Dessert was disappointing, the Bananas Foster was served in the wrong kind of dish, very little ice cream and sauce, mostly mashed bananas and whipped cream. Overall, great steaks, great service, a little loud and a little pricy.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for my birthday. I enjoyed everything we tried. We had mussels and scallops for our appetizers, pan seared brussels sprouts with smoked bacon accompanied our steaks perfectly for our entree and delicious lemon gelato for dessert. Our service was wonderful. Our waitress was very informative about the menu. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Attended a business dinner here in the back room. Service was excellent as well as the food. Salad/appetizer choices were great as well as the desert options. They had a nice bar area, which seemed busy. The appetizers were served by the waiters which added a nice touch of elegance. The deserts were self serve and smaller portions, which is what we needed after a fantastic dinner.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere with good service.

The steaks are well prepared according to order - I have been dining here for the past 4 years and the quality has been consistent.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just ate there with 2 business associates. I had the petite filet mignon. The other 2 guys had the exact same thing. Mashed potatoes, asparagus and creamed spinach were the sides. Food was tasty, cooked correctly and no service issues.

1  Thank Tony G