“Great selection and service”
Review of Destination Dogs

Destination Dogs
Ranked #1 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great selection and service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We r new to the area and some friends recommended dd to us. We had a very good lunch of one of their speciality dogs, fries and an utterly fantastic fresh ny pretzel.

New Jersey
“Nice surprise.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great service, great atmosphere, delicious and creative take on hot dogs. Chicken sausage, wild boar sausage, and a good old-fashioned hot dog were reasonably priced and satisfying. Homemade soda was a hit, as was a waitress-recommended beer we hadn't heard of before. My high school senior's reaction when our check came was, "That's it? I'm coming here with the guys to watch a game and have decent meal in a place that feels good and that I can afford."

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank CoolMom4398
Miami, Florida
“Still good dogs but ....”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I gave DD its first Trip Advisor review when it was at the old Spring Street location. Now all moved into a great location (the old Doll's Place bar - no great loss) with a liquor license, I revisited. DD's new digs are fun with a Cheers like atmosphere and a young, almost of hip (its NJ after all) crowd. I went on a Thursday night and it was packed. Nice beer selection and cocktails with fun names that are a play on travel - like the dogs. The food is the same quality as the old DD and my meal was delicious. Although DD has gotten quite a few reviewer dings for being overpriced, I don't mind paying $8 for a really good hot dog (here comes the 'but') but... I was disappointed that DD charged me $2 for avocado on my "build your own" dog and then served me two ridiculous paper-thin,tiny pieces of avocado - so small that I could barely see it - let alone taste it. If the DD owners are monitoring these comments my advice is to give people their money's worth (especially a young crowd who may not have money to burn). If you are going to charge premium prices for a hot dog than don't skimp. That being said, DD is a great new addition to downtown New Brunswick and I hope it is a success.

• Visited January 2014
Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and funny experience!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had the pleasure of being introduced to this place by a friend of mine, and I must say that I enjoyed the experience! Its not only great and different food, but also a nice environment where you can enjoy some sports and a bear. If i'm coming back to New Brunswick, then I will definitely go to this place!

• Visited November 2013
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Niche market that's not for everybody”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hot dogs are great; they're my absolute favorite "cheat food", and the concept that Destination Dogs offers is a dressed-up, gourmet version of a dog/sausage in a downtown, homey environment. That said, I came after taking my LSAT to treat myself on a Saturday, and it was only okay.

Portions are a little small, though I do understand why because the 'fixins' are a little expensive; the prices were a little too much for the value/worth you were getting; the location is in downtown New Brunswick that's in the section where two more steps and you'll be on the lookout for gunshots.

It's got a great vibe though, and the Howlamo that I ordered was good, but not so good that I could ignore its price and say that I would definitely come again.

• Visited October 2013