“Great Place to see a Show!”
Review of State Theatre

State Theatre
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The State Theatre is a great place to see a show. The Theatre is beautiful on the inside. the staff is amazing and helpful. It is so easy to get to from RT 18.

There is also free parking in the parking garages in the area at night!

I have seen numerous shows there over the last 10 years. It is always worth coming back!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Recently saw Memphis at the State Theatre and sat in Balcony section. We purchased discount tickets through Groupon and would advise people to review the seating charts prior to purchase. Groupon tickets will get you rows S and back in the Balcony. You get what you pay for or in this case I feel we got even less than we paid for. Too bad I did not think to bring binoculars and headphones to decrease the sound. The production itself seemed quite good, I wish we were able to enjoy it more!!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We saw the Gypsy Kings (25th anniversary tour) at the State theater, a beautiful venue originally built in 1921. It has been 20 years since I was there and I can say the theater is still lovely even though it has been 25 years since it was revitalized and brought back to life. The acoustic where wonderful, as was the band and our seats row G center gave us a spectacular view of the stage. If they have a show you would enjoy seeing,this is a special place to see it.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My most recent visit to the State Theatre was to see the Gipsy Kings. As usual, this was a great show in a great venue. This is a well maintained theatre which really does not have a bad seat. The acoustics are excellent and the staff is friendly and helpful. The theatre is also a feast for the eyes as it is well maintained and is reminiscent of gorgeous old world theaters. There are concession areas which serve drinks. Souvenirs and gift items are also available for sale at reasonable prices. I look forward to visiting this venue again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great Autistic. There are performances of the highest quality. These include some of the lesser know stars in the classical heavens. The seats are comfortable with enough knee room for a 6 footer. They accommodate as many disabilities as any where. Parking can be a bit of a challenge. We parked on the street, but there are parking garages. Just take Route 18 down to 27 which becomes French Street, and head toward the middle of town on your left. They don't permit photos of the performance or inside.

1  Thank ChrisDCarlson