“We came here tonight after reading the positive reviews for the burgers.”
Review of Stage Left

Stage Left
Reserve with OpenTable
Stage Left is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 197 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: George Street
Transit: The restaurant is located a few minute walk from the New Brunswick train station, on the New Jersey Transit - Northeast Corridor line.
Galloway, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We came here tonight after reading the positive reviews for the burgers.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We came here tonight after reading the positive reviews for the burgers. We walked down from the Hyatt. It was very cold and we brought in our red cups. The hostess immediately gave major attitude. She tried to sit us right next to the door but we asked to be moved. As soon as they found out we were only ordering burgers we were treated like pond scum. Loved the burger will NOT go back though.

Boston, Massachusetts
“WOW Good”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went to the restaurant and sat at a table in the bar area. I knew it would be solid because the Zagat rating of 27 for food hung on the wall. I had no idea, however, that it would be this good. Ordered a burger on a plate and a side that was perfect. If all burgers were this great, steak would be eliminated from the earth. I am serious. It was that good. Please go and see for yourself. Called my wife mid meal because i needed to tell someone. Did I mention how great it was...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ObjectiveRater
Colonia, New Jersey
“Absolutely Amazing....”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stage Left is a one of a kind dining experience. The food is fabulous..3 cheers for the chef..the service staff did everything to make our dinner a special experience. The were attentive to everyone in the resturant. Tried the steak tasting with my husband and would do it again..looking for a place to remember..STAGE LEFT IS THE ONE.

MARION D

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Minnie650
Houston, Texas
“A Stong Recommendation”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Heldrich concierge recommended this restaurant and it was great. Excellent food, not over-priced and wait staff very attentive. There is a cute outdoor seating area if you are so inclined.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank jas9411
Miami, Florida
“Very good food - service not so much...”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently hosted a business dinner at Stage Left and left feeling less than loving it. As expected the food was good, but the menu was unnecessarily confusing; which caused my European guests a problem until they understood that there are two different menus (explaining WHY was less easy). The wine steward was inattentive as was the waiter, but when the food arrived all of my guests pronounced their choices excellent - especially those that had the duck. It was pronounced the best they had ever had. A word about the wait staff - the lack of focus and inattentiveness was one thing but they were also condescending. This was a problem I had at the Frog and Peach before the new owners fixed that little problem. I am now back at the Frog regularly. Maybe the cultivation of this kind of culinary rarified air works for some diners - but it is off-putting to others. I for one will avoid Stage Left for a while until the restaurant gets its ego in check. Hey, it’s JUST FOOD. And this is New Brunswick, NJ not Balmoral.

• Visited November 2013