“Love the drinks & atmosphere!”
Review of Clydz

Clydz
Reserve with OpenTable
Clydz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 201 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Street and Elm Row
Transit: The restaurant is just 2 blocks from the New Brunswick train station, on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I love to visit Clydz for a martini when I am in New Brunswick. I've never tried the food, so I can only comment on drinks & atmosphere - I am a picky eater, and the cuisine at Clydz is a little too adventurous for my taste. The martini list is impressive. There are so many options that I find it very difficult to choose, but I do have a few favorites like the "Blue Lagoon" martini. Clydz has a really great atmosphere. It would be better if the place were a little bigger. It gets way too crowded quickly, so if you really want to enjoy your drink (and hold a conversation with your significant other and/or friends), it is best to go early (before dinner) or have an early dinner and try to make it there by 9pm - especially on a weekend night. Clydz is, hands down, the BEST place to have a good drink in New Brunswick!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went here with friends on a Friday night. The staff was very accommodating. The drinks were very good. The food was only average and not very interesting. No seasoning. I had the Buffalo strip steak and my husband had the NY strip and both were only average. My friend had the sea bass, which was cooked well but again no seasoning and very uninteresting. The cost of the meal was high and I expected better quality. If I was just going for drinks, this would be ok. Don't think I would go again for dinner. Much better ways to spend close to $100 per person!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Met a relative here for drinks & dinner. Drinks were good though the bartender a bit unattentive. (He forgot my Guiness resting under the tap so I grabbed it while he yacked with a waitress) People were packed in, even on a Wednesday night. Huge drink menu. Appetizers were good- though they didnt have about 3 on the menu.
After drinks we got a table for dinner. My filet was 'ok' - not the best I've ever had - but the beans were cooked well. My cousin had the kangaroo loin. He said it tasted 'flat'. I dont know if that is lack of spice added to the entree or if it is indicative of the meat itself. But neither of us finished our entree.
Entrees were a little highly priced for the quality.
I think this place has great potential. Wish the entree menu was as good as the apps we ordered. (the goat cheese and tuna were great!)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place was packed on a Monday night. We ate at the bar because we could not get a table for awhile. The food was great and the presentation of the food was outstanding. It was pretty loud and difficult to talk. The bartender was pushing drinks on us, and I could tell why when I saw the bill. Pricey.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We went here for my birthday and it was a really enjoyable experience. First off, I am 5 months pregnant so I wasn't sure if I would be able to eat a lot of things and I knew I couldn't partake in any of the martinis :o(

Turns out that the menu was eclectic but had a full range of yummy choices. Our server, Gene, was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the restaurant and the food. Bread/Butter to start...chive butter was soooo good!!! We shared the Python Ravioli and I had the stuffed chicken. It was terrific! My husband had the Kangaroo which he said was tasty but it wasn't his favorite. He had a Sake Martini which was amazing and they made me a Shirley Temple martini so I wouldn't feel left out not drinking!

Dessert was Pecan Pie which was fresh and delicious! I truly enjoyed it!!