“Attentive Service at Clydz” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clydz

Clydz
Reserve with OpenTable
Clydz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 194 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spring Street and Elm Row
Transit: The restaurant is just 2 blocks from the New Brunswick train station, on the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line.
New York City, New York
“Attentive Service at Clydz”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I reserved here on line, making a request for a quiet table away from the kitchen, and yes! Exactly where I was placed - in a corner where the two of us could speak conversationally. We were up the short stairs in a back room, far enough away from the busy bar but not too far away from our server when needed. Our server also was very attentive to my companion's needs, and went the extra step to please which was very much appreciated. The meal was delicious. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Awesome Martinis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Awesome Martinis especially during their happy hour. Menu looks interesting, but haven't tried the food yet. Get there early though, as it gets very busy unless you don't mind stand by the bar for drinks.

Visited August 2013
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Love the drinks & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I love to visit Clydz for a martini when I am in New Brunswick. I've never tried the food, so I can only comment on drinks & atmosphere - I am a picky eater, and the cuisine at Clydz is a little too adventurous for my taste. The martini list is impressive. There are so many options that I find it very difficult to choose, but I do have a few favorites like the "Blue Lagoon" martini. Clydz has a really great atmosphere. It would be better if the place were a little bigger. It gets way too crowded quickly, so if you really want to enjoy your drink (and hold a conversation with your significant other and/or friends), it is best to go early (before dinner) or have an early dinner and try to make it there by 9pm - especially on a weekend night. Clydz is, hands down, the BEST place to have a good drink in New Brunswick!

• Visited August 2013
Princeton, NJ
“Drinks were very good, food average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Went here with friends on a Friday night. The staff was very accommodating. The drinks were very good. The food was only average and not very interesting. No seasoning. I had the Buffalo strip steak and my husband had the NY strip and both were only average. My friend had the sea bass, which was cooked well but again no seasoning and very uninteresting. The cost of the meal was high and I expected better quality. If I was just going for drinks, this would be ok. Don't think I would go again for dinner. Much better ways to spend close to $100 per person!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SF Bay Area, CA
“Great for drinks / OK for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Met a relative here for drinks & dinner. Drinks were good though the bartender a bit unattentive. (He forgot my Guiness resting under the tap so I grabbed it while he yacked with a waitress) People were packed in, even on a Wednesday night. Huge drink menu. Appetizers were good- though they didnt have about 3 on the menu.
After drinks we got a table for dinner. My filet was 'ok' - not the best I've ever had - but the beans were cooked well. My cousin had the kangaroo loin. He said it tasted 'flat'. I dont know if that is lack of spice added to the entree or if it is indicative of the meat itself. But neither of us finished our entree.
Entrees were a little highly priced for the quality.
I think this place has great potential. Wish the entree menu was as good as the apps we ordered. (the goat cheese and tuna were great!)

• Visited July 2013