“Business Friendly New Jersey Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Business Friendly New Jersey Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've been using The Heldrich Hotel for many months as my "go to" lodging for the business i do in the New Brunswick, NJ area. In comparison to other "Big Name" hotels, this the Benchmark Hospitality International group of U.S. hotels and resorts.

I find the Heldrich to be very relaxed with outstanding staff and genuine caring for my well being, comfort and satisfaction.

There are a couple of things to be aware of in staying at the Heldrich.
I don't believe there is a rewards program, such as stay points that most hotel franchises have.
Hotel valet parking is currently $25 per day.
Rooms do not have LCD or better TV screens - they are tube!

Other that than, the hotel decor and amenities are great. The business center meets my needs for printing, etc. The lounge is a great mixture between sports and quiet quaintness.
Christopher's Restaurant is also very good with a great breakfast buffet and menu.

The Heldrich is in the heart of New Brunswick, NJ including the Theater District, multiple restaurants and pubs, making walking a definate choice for destinations.

I will stay at the Heldrich again when my travel to the New Brunswick, NJ area calls.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East, North and West sides have city views. Others on the inside wings look into the h...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victor_R_08901, Front Office Manager at The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We appreciate your kind comments about the Heldrich Hotel on Trip Advisor and are grateful for your loyal patronage. All our guest rooms are now updated with brand new HDTV's and the Fitness Center has been completely remodeled with state of the art equipment. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a wonderful hotel. Very nice and helpful staff. Room were spacious and clean. My room did have an old school tube tv. No problem though, it worked just fine. This hotel is excellent for training classes. I was here for a 3 day training class and the accomondations were excellent. Very comfortable seating and classrooms. The amount of food and drinks they provide during the day is unbelieveable! What a fantasitc assortment for breakfast and lunch. I hope to have more training classes or conferences at this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We very much appreciate your kind comments about the facilities, the food and the staff of the Heldrich Hotel. We would like you to know that our Fitness Center has been remodeled with new equipment also added and all our guest rooms now have brand new HDTVs. We look forward to accommodating you at the Heldrich soon again! Thank you!
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I attended a conference held here in Sept 2013 and stayed 2 nights.

Right after getting to the room, I noticed that the bathroom sink was a bit backed up, and someone had begun fixing it (but hadn't finished) because the rod that connects the pull thing to the drain plug was missing. I asked the front desk whether they could please send someone to fix it. She offered IMMEDIATELY but I said after 9:30 please. NOT before, please. She said OK.

I left the room at 9:30 am and stopped back in at noon, and the sink was fixed. Nice.

The front desk folks were also very helpful when I needed to find somewhere to print my handouts for the conference. They had the hotel shuttle drive my co-presenter to Staples. So I won't complain too much about the fact that (1) the kid got totally lost and after 30 minutes took her back to the hotel in the hopes that another driver would have better luck, but then (2) the next driver announces after 10 minutes, "We have to go back to the hotel because I'm almost out of gas." She said I'll pay for the gas, please just get me to Staples and back before the dang conference ends.

The facilities for conference on the 2nd floor were excellent: comfortable chairs, lots of public spaces to sit, great food service area that kept cold beverages on ice. I admit it was a bit distracting on Saturday afternoon when Justin's bar mitzvah music competed with one of the talks. But I like bar mitzvah music, so I wasn't as annoyed as some of my colleagues, who were only slightly amused when I started dancing the hora.

The buffet lunch in the hotel restaurant "Christopher" was REALLY good: salmon, chicken, grilled artichoke & other veggies, lots of pasta. And the food, drinks, and service in the hotel bar were equally as good. I should have gotten the bartender's name - he was friendly and gave great service. The flatbread and the tuna tartare were EXCELLENT, and the wine selection was nice.

All in all, a very pleasant experience. Would totally stay here again if I have to go back to New Brunswick.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your kind comments about the staff, the food and the facilities of the Heldrich Hotel. Our Fitness Center has been remodeled and updated with new equipment and our guest rooms are now equipped with brand new HDTVs. We hope to have the privilege of accommodating you again soon! Thank you!
Cupar, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here for two nights this week on a very short business trip to NJ. This is a beautiful hotel, the lobby is just lovely, the staff are friendly and the room more than comfortable. I had dinner here too and I highly recommend the pulled pork sandwich YUMM! This would also be a good hotel for couples.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Emma M
We appreciate your kind comments about the staff, the facilities and the location of the Heldrich Hotel. You may want to know that our Fitness Center has been completely remodeled and updated with new equipment and our all our guest rooms are now equipped with brand new HDTVs. We hope to see you back again soon! Thank you.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

A Night at The Heldrich

My wife and I were in New Brunswick, NJ Sunday September 15th to see comedian Sinbad in concert at The State Theatre across the street. We decided to spend the night instead of taking New Jersey Transit back home late at night.

We arrived Sunday afternoon with a 4 PM check-in. The Heldrich provides a complimentary shuttle service between the New Brunswick train station and the hotel. You just have to call the front desk upon arrival. The hotel is also a 5 to 10 minute walk away.

The front desk staff, the shuttle driver and everyone else we met were so nice and accommodating. The hotel sits behind a beautiful town square, with a monument in the middle, as well as a distance sign pointing the way to New Brunswick’s sister cities around the world.

The lobby and public areas are beautiful, with unique pieces of art displayed. The hotel staff members are dressed in art-deco era uniforms that add a touch of bygone elegance.

We were in room 620, just off the elevators. The room overlooks the front of the hotel and the town square. Next to the elevators, behind a closed door, is the vending room with snack and soda machines as well as the ice machine.

The room was good-sized and very clean. The room did not have a closet. Instead there is a large wall unit with closet and drawer space that surround the standard definition television (vintage late 1990’s/early 2000’s TV). DirecTV provides over-the-air and cable channels. Free WiFi is offered in the room.

We had a queen-sized bed that was very comfortable. A chair and ottoman were near the window. Closer to the door is a table with a coffee maker. There was no refrigerator in the room.

There were signs of wear and tear in the room, especially on the wood surfaces (the room desk and the wood border around the bathroom mirror). Also, the towel bar in the shower was missing the bar! The rooms could use better lighting as well.

They also place a $50 hold on your credit card for incidentals. Of course many hotels do that, so not a complaint, just a FYI.

Christopher’s Restaurant and Lounge are in the lobby. They are expensive, so we did not eat there. There are scores of affordable places to eat nearby.

Despite the negatives listed above, I really liked The Heldrich. The hotel was quiet, clean and the staff was friendly. I would stay here again. If they give the rooms an upgrade, I would not hesitate to rate the hotel 5 stars!

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe room if you want a view of the front of the hotel. They cost a little more than the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind comments about the Heldrich Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is good for events and location, however the price is higher than other good hotels around its location. There is no fridge in the room and also nothing else special into the room. You have to pay $25.00 per day for parking the car, on the other hand you have some options of parking around the hotel. A good thing that happens at the Hotel is a service of Liquid Church on sunday.

Room Tip: Room with overlooking to the front of the pram
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments about the Heldrich Hotel on Trip Advisor. We have just completed remodeling our Fitness Center including addition of state of the art equipment and all the guest rooms are now equipped with brand new HDTVs to further enhance the value for our guests. We hope to see soon! Thank you.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had stayed at the Heldrich a few years ago and thought it was fairly nice. This trip, the hotel seemed worn and in need of an update. The deadbolt lock was falling off the door and the desk chair was broken. Also, this is the first hotel I've stayed at in a while that doesn't have a flat screen tv. Hopefully an facelift is in the future...

• 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your constructive comments about the Heldrich and agree with them. We have completely remodeled our Fitness Center and replaced the old TVs in our guest rooms with brand new HDTVs. We hope to have the privilege of accommodating you again in the near future. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center
#2 of 7 in East Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswick

Been to The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!