“Excellent stay recommend highly”

Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Brunswick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Well I have to say for a one night stay it was excellent as soon as we waked in great decor and friendly staff the women checked us in right away and was so polite her name was Lavanya very polite great job they even offered free wifi and bottled water for weekend guest she even asked what floor we preferred I've never been asked that anywhere very pleaded we ordered a cot we didn't scene settle in and it was immediately there I was very very pleased service was fast room was spotless clean and smelled like freshly cleaned everything was stocked and and plenty of towels and everything I highly recommend this place and would suggest if your in the New Brunswick area to stay here
Las177
Senior trip advisor

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Las177

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and never been disappointed. The hotel always seems full of life, there seems to always be some conference, wedding or event. The bar and restaurant are decent and it is close to major schools and businesses.

The Good:
Quick check-in
Good food - try the French fry flight with multiple dipping sauces
Bar has lots of TV's
Rooms are large
Great vibe

The Less Good:
Shower was tough to figure out and was different than instructions which were posted in the bathroom
Desk only had one outlet, multiple outlets were over next to the bed
Service in the restaurant was lackadaisical for breakfast and lunch, better at dinner

---------- My Rating scale ----------------------
5 stars - Next time, this where I'm staying
4 stars - Next time, I'll check my options, but this will be at the top of my list
3 stars - Next time, I'll check my options, this property will be on my list
2 stars - Next time, I'll check my options, but will prioritize other properties
1 star - Next time, I won't stay at this property

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank phildude
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here for a wedding in July, and the banquet halls were nice, and the rooms were nice. The building seems a bit old, but the hotel was overall nice, and the location is great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent NJ business hotel. Free wifi. Very nice rooms. Good location (for business). Easy taxi ride to local bar area around Rutgers. Sports bar on premises. There is also a gym and pool that are adequate. Approximately 30 minute drive from Newark airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank coffeeguy247
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed in may 2014 for my sons Rutgers University graduation. Location was good- train station one block away. Restaurants in walking distance. University was a short drive. Right near highway. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Parking was inexpensive compared to other hyatts I've stayed at. Upon arrival check in was quick however they gave us a room with one king for 4 people when I had booked a room with two queens. They said they were sold out but then found a room matching my reservation. They were very accommodating. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa8887_13
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Recently visited this hotel with a total of three rooms... Check in after 11pm and we found the front desk to be disinterested and actually mentioned he can only do one thing at a time. Not the service I would expect from a full service hyatt. Later I called for late night dining option and was given a recommendation that was closest. Called and the number was inoperable. Hotel is well maintained however the room furnishings are tired and it's showing it's age. All and all I would stay here again but being a Platnium with the rewards program I would have expected more from johnathan the night auditor in the very least maybe a personality.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jackie f
Reviewed 9 August 2014

had tickets to the Stress Factory and decided to stay overnight, got a great AAA rate for the night that included breakfast. Check in was impressive, kudos to Hyatt for training their staff to excel in customer service.

Room was spacious, clean, bed comfy. Heard the bathroom in the next room and the AC was a bit noisy. Carpet in halls could use replacing. Breakfast buffet was adequate.

I am very picky when it comes to hotels and I would definitely recommend this Hyatt

Room Tip: ask for a room NOT facing route 18
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Embassy Suites by Hilton Piscataway - Somerset

Been to Hyatt Regency New Brunswick? Share your experiences!