“Fourth time...still a charm!”
Review of dim sum villa

dim sum villa
Price range: US$3 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Upscale authentic Cantonese Style dine in restaurant, featuring on site freshly prepared dim sum appetizers and Cantonese entrees. Guests are welcomed to bring their own wine to enjoy during their dining experience.
Millburn, New Jersey
“Fourth time...still a charm!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After frequenting Chens for many years, the new Dim Sum Villa spins circles around the previous restaurant! The shrimp with scrambled eggs...my favorite! All food is fresh and served hot and timely. The owner is personable and anxious to please! Have brought a number of friends here and all agree, a winner!

• Visited July 2014

West Caldwell, New Jersey
“I hope they're here to stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I've been here with my family a few times already for dim sum. We love all the dumplings, the veggies, buns & etc. The dim sum usually comes out in carts or trays, but if you don't see an item you like, you can have it made to order. The service is friendly, attentive, on-point. The staff takes the time to ask how we're doing, suggest dishes & refill our drinks. I also love how they have dim sum everyday. Most dim sum places in the area offer it on weekends only. There aren't many great dim sum places in North Jersey, so I hope they're here to stay.

• Visited June 2014
“So Delectable”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had such an INCREDIBLE meal tonight. We love going there and chatting with Emily. What a great recommended she gave us. We had the Filet Grouper with salt & pepper topped with mild chili peppers which was so delectable. The rice dish also recommended was Fook Jian Fried Rice. Thank you again for another delicious meal.

“AMAZING Chinese food!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Everything is made fresh and to order. The food is so good. I've never had anything that was short of excellent there. I tell everyone about it. Very, very delicious food!

• Visited June 2014
Emily K, Owner at dim sum villa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to host and serve you at my restaurant. We will continue to look forward to seeing you in the future!
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Excellent Cantonese and Dim Sum”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family has now visited Dim Sum Villa 3 times - once each for dim sum, lunch and dinner. We have been very pleased with most of the food at all 3 visits. Delicious dumplings, buns and desserts for dim sum. Especially the vegetable dumplings which are very plump, filled with fresh veggies and something with a crunch in possibly a rice flour wrapper which was translucent and gorgeous. Not a lot of choices if you don't eat pork or shellfish, though.

The lunch menu has changed since the restaurant opened. There is now a price fixe lunch that includes soup. The limited, strictly Cantonese menu has now been expanded to include many favorites. The beef with bitter melon is delicious and worth a try if you are looking for something different. I do miss the shredded beef with carrots and celery from the previous restaurant at this location, #1 on the lunch menu when it was Chen's.

The dinner menu has also been expanded. When we went last week, we were the only caucasians in the restaurant. There were many tables with Asian families and to me, that is always a good sign. The egg drop soup was served in beautiful, modern bowls with an interesting shape. We had requested black mushrooms with the bok choy with garlic and it was quite delicious. We also had the beef chow fun (dry) and that was tasty, but greasier than I would have expected.

The walls are painted a rich chocolate brown, but there could be some adornments or decoration. The tablecloths were clean, as were the restrooms. We were pleased with our 3 visits there and will return. The owner recently had a baby so her parents (the retired owners of Dynasty in Green Brook) are there in her absence.

• Visited May 2014