“Buyer Beware!”

Garden State Diner
Ranked #231 of 571 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Newark Airport and Port Newark
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Buyer Beware!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

$9.00 for a glass of Bud Light at Newark Airport. Ask before you buy! Had a turkey wrap that was about 3 inches long with some potato chips and the bill came to $19.69 .

• Visited March 2012

Montgomery, Alabama
“Watch the prices!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We selected this restaurant because we were told that it was a Greek restaurant. The only Greek item I saw on the menu was a gyro. The restaurant is more like a "diner" as the name implies. I had the gyro which was adequate but tasted like it came from a diner. Wife had the reuben which was good. I made the mistake of ordering a beer when none were shown on the menu. When the bill came the price of the beer was $8.00. In addition a 15% tip was included in the bill. I had no problem with the tip but always thought it was up to the customer to add it. Since I feel like I was ambushed on the price of one beer, I will not return.

• Visited March 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“This place is getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Where would we be without the Garden State Diner at terminal C? A licensed bar, a terrific choice on the menu and one of the tastiest steaks that I've ever had, cooked to perfection. And all at very reasonable prices. This is always our first port of call when awaiting our flight home and we're never disappointed. We love the music filled atmosphere and the design of the place that takes you back to 1950s/60s America. And the service has certainly improved over the last couple of years or so. Why don't we ever see more of these diners elsewhere? Looking forward to visiting again the next time we're over.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Micklefielder
Ottawa
“Just great food in an international airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We checked tripadvisor as our fight layover to Costa Rica allowed us time to eat.
Always aware that food in transit can be a problem.
Anyway found this and gave it a try.
The reviews are correct . The food is very good. I had a burger plate with sweet potato fries on the side which was a slight extra cost but a lot better health wise and a milkshake. Everything was well cooked and tasted great for airport food. They have a web site so you can see the menu online.
The service was great and quick. The place was made to look like a 50's diner and looked like it. The only thing missing would be the cigaret smoke that would have been all over the place in the 1950's.
I looked at the other reviews and a mention about cost but we thought it was fine. It was a bit high but you are in an airport and I did not think it was unreasonable.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank suntripers
new jersey
“GREAT NJ diner food in the airport!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

It's the real thing right there in the airport...try and get breakfast there before your flight.....bottomless coffee and taylor ham/egg/cheese sandwiches!!! Forgeddaboutit!!!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank jsdoc56

Been to Garden State Diner? Share your experiences!