“Ideal location to Airport”

Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Very nice hotel. Very quiet except some hall noise. No jet noise. Modern equipment for plug ins, ie USB ports, electrical outlets are great, WiFI. Firm bed that was great for my back. Few blocks to transportation into New York. Took about 30 minutes to get into NewYork. Clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraD135

Reviewed 18 May 2012

it is a very good hotel and the location is very convenient. They also provide a shuttle service to the air train station.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The stay was for one night the group came in on a charter bus total amount of guess was twenty one including our bus driver. Let me go back to the beginning two day prior to our arrival the group had a different reservation at a major hotel chain and we had a problem at time of booking at this point we had a bus and now nowhere to stay. I was looking one line and called several hotels I was not going to settle for just any hotel chain and when I called this hotel I was transferred to group sales and spoke with a group sales agent I did explain the problem and without hesitation she was will to work with me. To make a long story short we did get the rooms needed and the price was better that our original hotel. The hotel appearance look just like the internet and staff was friendly and professional. The group has already booked for May 2013. I want to Thank Ms. Iliyana Petrova for making this a top priority, by making calls and sending e-mails to get everything taken care of in such short notice.

The only problem we had was with service in the restaurant it was slow. We had to keep asking for our orders and refills. I don't think they had proper staffing that evening and with the group booking on such short notice that is understandable.

Room Tip: There was no pool or Spa
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here one night as we were flying out early the next morning. We were welcomed as Platinum priority club members which is always a nice touch. I had called ahead and asked for some airport parking info to be available when I arrived and the manager had it ready for me. The bar/restaurant was really nice and well lit, very inviting! The room was definitely set up with the business traveler in mind. Lots of outlets and USB ports easily accessed just below the TV. While there is a park and stay rate, I suggest you price it out as there is a parking lot 100 feet to the right of the hotel (it's called The Parking Spot 2)which I parked at for $10.50 per day with a coupon. I will definitely make this my hotel when flying out of Newark Intl. airport in the future!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel by itself is quite nice - modern and rooms are nice. Service needs major improvements!
1. It took 2 times to tell them about my platinum membership even though it was on the reservation
2. I got none of the extras for being platinum
3. Front desk staff was a bit rude, simply speaking

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lenusvyat
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear lenusvyat,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed in March and arrived very later after a long flight. Shuttle is easy to find and check-in was friendly, swift and efficent. Rooms were small but all what you need. They are modern and clean and you can get free coffee and internet in the lobby.
A good experience whereby this was our first time staying at a Holiday Inn. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus S
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed for two nights and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfy and the maid service was wonderful. The shuttle was very quick to get us to the airport and back again when we returned from NYC. Our room was right next to the ice machine and elevator and it was still very quiet. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice. It was a suite and on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Misty R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#3 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!