Holiday Inn Newark Airport
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,013 results
All reviewson demandroom was cleanrestaurant staffair trainshuttle servicean early flightnew yorkfree parkingstayed here for one nightfront desk staffnext morningrestaurant barconnecting flightshort stayparking lotnj transitinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Its amazing how one person can change the entire opinion of a service!! Dinner took forever and they forgot stuff on more than than one thing but we didn't mind at all because the manager was amazing by jumping in to help the crew with the overload of people in the restaurant... totally impressed us actually!! and no we didn't get anything free,nor did we ask, he just really impressed us by his back up for his busy servers!!

HOWEVER, if I could use a few words about the front desk person in the morning named IG, but I will refrain!! We have a service dog and as I came into the busy lobby to get on the elevator ,from letting her out for the morning; IG literally screamed across the lobby "MA'AM, MA'AM, WE DO NOT ALLOW DOGS IN HERE!!" I screamed back..."She is a service dog!" as about 10 people from lobby and now additional folks from the restaurant looked on. What an idiot!! What kind of customer service is that? So I decided to let her have my opinion personally but not in front of people as she did with me. I called the front desk and asked to speak to her personally. I explained the situation and told her that not only was that not a legal method but it was offensive and unprofessional. She goes, "oh, sorry!" with the most flippant, disregarding attitude! I said to her, that was the most insincere apology I have ever heard. She said "ok, do you need anything else?? WTH uuuugghghhh I plan to report her to every single outlet I can get my hands on !!!!! I can not believe that they have a person like that working there. Totally changed my attitude about this hotel!! !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Lisa F,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 February 2014

after traveling from Brisbane to Newark it was nice to be met by a courtesy bus and then friendly efficient staff. Quick check in and into the room. Comfortable and enough room for myself and my teenage son. Comfortable beds, good fittings,clean. Air conditioning a little noisy but not over powering. It was freezing,I mean minus 25 celsius outside so the window was freezing up a little on the inside but the heating kept us warm. Food was good in the bar area and the staff again very friendly. All in all a nice stay with this hotel. Easy access to Newark airport. We had a room facing the car park but didn't hear any noise also the monorail was right outside the window but again no noise!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MollyAust
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After having some not-so-good experiences by being too cheap at EWR, I paid a bit extra and it was worth every penny.

Now of course this is a chain hotel at an airport, not the Ritz. But this property is definitely trying very hard---and succeeding----at making themselves a little bit better than the competition at this price-point.

The staff at the front desk could not have been friendlier or more efficient. A-plus. The friendliness of the staff extended to the small bar/restaurant. The food in the restaurant was OK-----not terrific, but the menu is huge so perhaps it was just my choice (chef's salad). The menu definitely has something for everybody, whether you want a light bite or a full meal. In the "trying harder" department, there were real orchids on the table (!!) and good quality cloth napkins. Conveniently it is open until midnight for those of us who got in late.

The room was average-to-large for this type of property----very comfortable for two people. It included a comfortable lounge chair and very good size desk/conference table. There was a flat-screen set up for your other media/personal devices. Bathroom was average/good (no magnifying make-up mirror) but very clean. "Trying harder"-----there were tons of fluffy towels.

We were a little nervous and almost changed rooms when we first got there because we were right next to the elevators----however we never heard them. Nor, oddly, could we hear the airport!!!!! (We were on the "even" side of the hallway in Room 412------not sure if the side of the building may have been responsible for how quiet it was). We could however hear the shower in the next room. We could not hear the HVAC at all.

Sleep quality was superb because of the quiet, the good black-out shade, and the amazing beds. Each of the two double beds boasted four big pillows, and the bedding was very comfortable as were the mattresses.

The shuttle came every 10 minutes (I'm not sure if this is always so, but it was Superbowl weekend). The driver took us right to Terminal C instead of to P4, which was a big time-and-hassle saver.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cessnapilot
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because my husband and I had an overnight layover flight at Newark airport. After arriving at the airport we took the Airtrain to a convenient pickup location and took the free hotel shuttle directly to the hotel. The shuttle driver was very helpful with our bags and cordial. We were greeted by friendly staff and were promptly checked in. We were hungry so we had a light dinner at the restaurant which was very convenient and tasty. We stayed in a King bed room. It was clean and suprisingly quiet. The room had all the ammentities and had an up-to-date design. The bed was very comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The room had a big flat screen TV, free internet, and a single serve coffee maker. Upon checkout the following day at noon, we were promptly picked up again by a very friendly shuttle driver and transported back to our original pickup location at the Airtrain. Overall it was a wonderful hotel experience. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice Newark airport hotel. It was clean, quiet, and inexpensive (for a New York/ Newark) hotel. The hotel van was quick to pick up at both the airport and hotel.

Friendly staff and good restaurant. I had the French dip, it had a delicious crunchy bread.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business