“excellent location and service”

Holiday Inn Newark Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Newark
Carlingford, Australia
“excellent location and service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for a night during trnasit. Very late night arrival, the room was clean and comfortable. Recetion staff were welcoming, breakfast options suited dietary requirements, te service was attentive and eficient. Have stayed in other Newark Airport hotles and this was as good as ones charging much more. Shuttle service was on time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacqui H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in for flying out of the Newark airport. The hotel staff was welcoming, the shuttle quick, the rooms amazing! The hotel must have gone through a refurb recently as the rooms are super modern, sleek, comfortable and spotless! The restaurant was a little pricey but what hotel's restaurant isn't. Hands down, the best hotel near the Newark airport!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Road_Warrior_Raleigh
Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed there for the first time this past week. The hotel is either new or remodeled and the room was nice. The reason I gave this rating is twofold, first I went to the restaurant/bar and tried to sit at the bar to eat. There was a seat and it said reserved. I asked why they would reserve a seat at the bar and was told it is for a good customer who will be there soon. Went back to my room and came down 40 minutes later and the seat was still reserved with no one sitting. I complained and was told I could wait for a seat in the restaurant but I couldn't sit at the empty bar seat. Went to the front desk to complain and I was told they don't reserve seats and they would talk to the staff. I was given two drink coupons I couldn't use because the bar and restaurant was full.

Getting to the room, as mentioned it was up to date and nice. What wasn't nice is like many Holiday Inn's they must put a governor on the air conditioner. The thermostat was set at 65 but the room felt like 75 (and humid) when the air cut off. Never went back on even after I set it to 60. I travel every week and one thing I don't like is being hot when I sleep or try to sleep.

Last, when I went to check out, no one was at the desk. Waited 5 minutes before someone came out of the back room to print my receipt.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Newark Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Steve K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel nice and apologize for the inconvenience the service you received and air conditioning system may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, affordable and rooms available after canceling our room at another place. Shuttle driver was nice and friendly. Place is right by the airport. Management is very nice and friendly towards all guests. Only bad part was the soda machine that would not accept my money. Other than that my 4 night stay was great and affordable. Nothing was broken or dirty. Everything was in great condition!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank daltonsosa
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

One of my dearest friends, who now lives in Montana, was on the east coast and didn't have enough time to get to me in NY and back before her flight left so I booked us a suite for the night so we could catch up. A fantastic stay even though we had a couple of hiccups...first, as previous reviewers have noted, it's not the easiest place to find, and GPS gives you inaccurate directions. Just call the hotel first and they will tell you how to get there. We wanted to return her car that day as her flight was so early the next morning. Hiccup number two...and completely out fault. We thought that the shuttle driver would pick us up not at Enterprise but at the gate below (this is what we were told at Enterprise). Not the case, and poor Costas had to come back 3 times to find us. When we finally got to our room it was an absolute delight. Nice and big and clean - the pull out sleeper was quite comfortable and the pillows on the bed were definitely some of the best I have ever slept on in a hotel. We went down to the bar and had a great time talking with the bar and wait staff, playing cards, drinking wine and watching the World Cup. We did order room service and this is where my only complaint comes in - we ordered the baked brie and the spring rolls - the spring rolls were just blah, no real taste - and the baked brie was really quite unappetizing - it had not been fully heated and the consistency was that of a block of cheese rather than melted cheese. We put it on another plate and nuked it for a few minutes but it had lost its appeal at that point. And to make it worse, the kitchen had put the toast points underneath the cheese, so that they were completely soggy by the time they got to us. Gross....and the reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars.

That said though I have nothing but high marks for the hotel. The staff, from front desk to maintenance to cleaning crew were all extremely friendly and we really appreciated the bar staff laughing with us two older ladies as we cruised down memory lane (Happy Birthday Jeff!).

Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and our window overlooked one of the runways. We turned off the lights and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sweetbaboo825
Kottyam
Reviewed 19 July 2014

It was our last stop during our 2 months long US holidays and was also conveniently placed for my cousin's wedding function at New Jersey. Suite was superbly large and well designed and children just loved it to play around. The breakfast we had during our entire trip and it was arranged in a superb location. Extremely clean indeed. our whole of family was staying here and had a great time indeed.

Room Tip: Suites are the best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just needed a room for an overnight, and we chose this one since it was near and at a good price. The Hotel was clean and had everything we needed for the overnight.
The staff was great, nice, with humor and very helpful.
The bar is also nice and useful if you arrive late. Prices are as you expect in an Hotel.
The only disadvantage was having to go by bus to get to the Hotel Transfer, taking some time, but it seemed an airport problem, not from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
Wyndham Garden Newark Airport
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport
Best Western Plus Newark Airport West
Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty International Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
Hilton Newark Airport
#4 of 14 in Elizabeth

Been to Holiday Inn Newark Airport? Share your experiences!